post replypost new topic
How Do I Not Feel Quilty For Hurting My Family
Laura

Posted: May 21, 2018, 10:21 AM
I'm looking for support In getting off alcohol with treatment. I almost get there and then I find myself back in the throws of it. In the past I would journal how much and when I was drinking and the next day cut it down. Right now I'm needing alcolhol in my system all of the time. I woke up at 7 I got to 8"30 and had to drink. I felt sick,shaky etc I'm drinking a 5th every day gin or vodka any advice?

laura

Posted: May 21, 2018, 10:22 AM
sorry without treatment

Posted: May 26, 2018, 5:40 PM
Clean time, righting the wrongs, making amends will help you to not feel guilty.

Get help asap from a local treatment center. see what they have to offer that fits with your work schedule. If you are not working, check yourself in for detox. If you can take a break from work, check yourself into detox.

You can do it. Make it work.

Posted: May 29, 2018, 8:25 PM
Hi. First step is to get help to stop drinking, then you work on yourself, the rest will fall into place. It will take work and dedication but if you are serious about recovering you will do it. We have all hurt our family , I have hurt mine and in some big ways. I make my amends by living sober and proving that I mean what I say and say what I mean. It took time and a lot of learning for me to forgive myself . Our disease influences our choices and we have to learn how to stay one step of it in order to not make the irrational decisions that we make when we are drinking. You are not your disease so don't let it define you. There is help out there and there is support and there is also someone who is worth saving.. that someone is YOU....

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need

Posted: June 6, 2018, 4:10 PM
Laura - my father was an alcoholic. I was 19 and he was 41 when he died. Yes, 41!! He had sclerosis of the liver. Doctors warned him repeatedly that if he didn't stop he would die. I guess he thought he was superman. Growing up with an alcoholic parent is "hell". You never know what you are coming home to on a daily basis. I, now 41 myself, have severe anxiety issues. I blame this on the way I had to grow up and the things I had to see. Don't get me wrong. I had a good dad, when he was sober, but that wasn't very often nor can I barely remember when he was sober, but underneath that person, he was a good man.

Please go to treatment. It's the only way to guide you into bettering yourself. We begged him so many times to go. He'd go for two days and leave. We (me and my siblings) felt that he loved his alcohol more than he loved us because he would never commit to it. He went from drinking a case a beer a night (not even getting buzzed) to Vodka mainly or any other liquor he could get his hands on because the beer just didn't do it for him anymore. He went from a 5th a day and progressed to a gallon a day. It didn't happen overnight, we went through years of watching him drink himself to death, but he refused to stop. I think he thought "it's never going to happen to me...I'll be fine".

His liver finally gave up and we lost him. Please don't let this happen to you. It's been 21 years since he died. He's missed out on so much. Grandkids, weddings etc. It's heartbreaking. As much hell as he put us through, we still loved him very much and miss him everyday.

There is help out there. If he would have got it, I believe he'd still be here today. Please don't give up....you CAN do it. Your family loves you and YOU are somewhere in there....give them back the girl they once knew! Don't wait until it's too late.

God bless and good luck!
post replypost new topic