post replypost new topic
Alcohol Withdrawal

Posted: October 27, 2017, 2:55 PM
Hi,

I have been drinking only beer nightly from about 5pm to midnight consuming 8 beers a night. I want to quit but I am terrified I could get the DTs or hallucinate. I wake up 4 am daily with a racing heart and anxiety. Is this the actual withdrawal? And last night was the first time I closed my eyes and saw shadows that looked like evil or clown faces. Its so weird! Im having crazy vivid dreams. I quit for 2 days a few weeks ago and got the chills. But why are these strange things happening early am.?

I have 4 beers in the fridge, should I just drink 2 tonite? I really want this to end.

ANY advice is appreciated.

Thanks
Leslie

This post has been edited by LeslieMccann on October 27, 2017, 3:28 PM

Posted: October 27, 2017, 5:24 PM
Hi Leslie. My advice would be to seek medical attention in coming off the booze. As everyone reacts differently it would be difficult to assume what the side effects of stopping suddenly would cause you. I know the feeling of waking up in the middle of the night with pangs of guilt, remorse and shame and shaking with anxiety. It sucks to be an alcoholic but there is hope that you can recover. I am sober now for 7 years. If you want sobriety there are actions that have to be taken in order for that to happen. The first being reaching out for help to stop the drinking , then help to keep you from going back to drinking. It took me AA, a treatment center, ,counselling and a lot of support but it was worth it.. come back again and let us know how you made out... support, understanding and hope sent to you...

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need
Lesliemccann

Posted: October 30, 2017, 3:01 PM
3 days no beer, feeling depressed, but so far nothing major.

Posted: October 30, 2017, 6:14 PM
Good for you ! Have you thought about looking for a meeting? If you are not ready for a face to face one you can check out stepchat.com. you will find support there and also online meetings... keep coming back. I care ...

--------------------
Lesliemccann

Posted: October 31, 2017, 1:26 PM
Its the craving that is a hard one to break. At a certain time of the day my
mind craves. This bad habit started in May this year. I have a supply of suboxone for opiate withdrawl..so maybe this medicine is helping with alcohol? Im only on 4mg a day which isnt alot. But i should go to meetings. I need a diversion for the cravings...a hobby, a meeting, working out...etc....

It sucks when a parent dies and i never made ammends. This is what started it.

Thank you for the kind words.

Posted: October 31, 2017, 3:43 PM
Hi Leslie. We all have regrets , some more than others but we cannot change the past no matter what we do. We can however take control of our choices and decision making so as not to have any regrets in the future. You can make living amends in honor of your deceased parent and seek recovery and go on to help others from what you have experienced. Guilt, shame ,remorse and regret will not let you do this but there is help out there that will help you deal with those feelings and then you will be able to move forward toward a life that you deserve to live. We are not here forever and life is a gift that should not be wasted on drugs and alcohol. You are worth so much more.. hugs and support sent to you ....

--------------------

Posted: December 8, 2017, 8:15 AM
Hi Charlie there is a solution to your problem. The first step is to seek help which I think you have already begun. The second is to find a program that works for you. For me it was a combination of AA , reab and counselling. There is life after alcohol and you deserve to have one. I have a thread on here with subject " If you are interested" there you will find some links for AA reading and sites that you can partake of to help you get an understanding of how it works. I hope I will see you post again to let us know how you are doing....take care

--------------------
Lesliemccann

Posted: February 1, 2018, 10:32 PM
Hi
Lesliemccann

Posted: February 1, 2018, 10:33 PM
Who is Charlie??

Posted: February 2, 2018, 11:14 AM
Hi.. Leslie I must have posted on the wrong thread. I apologize for any confusion. How are you doing?

--------------------

Posted: February 19, 2018, 6:42 AM
How are you doing now? I have found myself in th esame situation

Posted: February 21, 2018, 9:39 AM
hi Oliver how are you doing?

--------------------
Jennifer

Posted: June 7, 2018, 12:22 PM
i keep thinking this is the last time. withdraw is the worst feeling i have ever not known what to do. Dont drink! I was told one time, "just dont buy any" gee if it was that easy!!!!! maybe a little angry, mostly with myself. I read everything i can on the subject. tuesday morning i went to the store first thing bought some blueberry bushes and was feeling pretty good. Next thing in in the drive up ordering booze? how do i stop? really is it just as easy as noy buying it? Am i crazy? Sad?

Posted: June 10, 2018, 12:15 PM
Hey. 1. The most simple thing that you need to do in order for the desire to disappear is to give the body a great physical load. Best jogging for 15min. And every evening a very slow run of 30min for 3 weeks. Yes, it will be hard, but then there will be joy and ease. The next step is more serious - it is to find the real meaning of all life. Without him, sadness will come again.
jennifer

Posted: June 10, 2018, 3:24 PM
on day 4, day 4!

thanks for the advice. Im not a big jogger, but i do live in the country. Walked the yard, picked weeds.

This is Sunday afternoon a typical time for me to relax and have a drink. I am trying to stay busy. I feel like i am running out of things to do. ( i know there is more). Im feeling very nurvous, pacing and such. Dishes, cooking, laundry, feed the dog, repeat.

I made a DR. Appointment to talk about the alcohol problem again. He says he can help.

I accepted and invite to stand in for my Mother at an event tuesday

won tickets for a local rodeo on the radio this next sat. (Iwas drunk when i won)
)
so as i see it there is 3 days with reasons for me to stay sober.

all i can say is Right Now .. I want a Drink BADLY. ( im crying about it)

if it wasnt for the Night sweats, the chills, leg cramps, bad dreams, holucinations, vomiting, dehydration, and the marching bands i hear in my head. id say it was all good.

today is not going well, deep breath, Ill be ok. "Cowboy Church" tonight at the local fair but im just not feeling it. at all.

Posted: June 10, 2018, 6:45 PM
Hi Jennifer. I can relate to some of your post. The anxiety on detoxing can be so distressing. I too have cried when wanting to drink so bad. It does get better. If you can tell yourself just for today I will deal with it and not think about tomorrow or the days ahead but JUST FOR TODAY.. you will get through it and each day the symptoms will get less and less. If I can do it you can too.. You got this girl!

--------------------

Posted: June 11, 2018, 2:55 AM
I completely agree. The past no longer exists, but the future does not exist. There is only the present - only the moment "now" is really real and the only important. There is no time for reflection, fears from the past and feelings about the future - it never comes true exactly as we think. But while we think we are missing the real moments of life. We choose now to be in sorrow instead of enjoying life now. You have to win yourself now, at the moment of choice. )) It's easy. "Do what must and will happen, what is destined." Marcus Aurelius

Posted: June 11, 2018, 10:18 PM
one more day, not crying today is a plus.

did some research on alcoholics.

there is a lot out there.

Dr appointment went well, i left with a perscription. I have always been in the camp that thinks its all in your head, that i should ...jsut quit. I am ready to admit defeat. ready to do this with a little help.
last night i gave in to a glass of wine. Just one. any other time it would be a bottle. baby step? are better than none. Ive joined this group. downloaded a drink tracker and my dr is willing to work with me. So between You, me, the Dr and God. Here we go.....
post replypost new topic