post replypost new topic
Non Acetone Nail Polish Abuser

Posted: December 5, 2015, 9:17 PM
I'm 20 years old and I'm somewhat addicted to non acetone nail polish remover . I've been sniffing for about 7-10 years now . When i was younger i didn't do it as much because I didn't have a way to get it frequently. Around my junior senior year in high school I picked up on it ,and did it maybe once or twice a month. One day my mom asked me if I was doing it and I denied it . She somewhat believed me but lectured me on how it's really bad. I then graduated went to college . When I started college you share a dorm so there really isn't privacy I maybe did it once a month or two months . Now that I have an apartment ,and found myself going through a rough time I've found myself doing it 3 or 4 times a week. I don't know if it's a mental thing or if I'm really addicted. I don't want to harm myself anymore but simetimes the cravings and the urges are so strong I give in . I really don't know what to do I just really need advice and steps on how to stop!
SmellOfVictory

Posted: July 23, 2016, 2:08 AM
Hello and sorry for the late reply....I'm addicted to sniffing chemicals as well.I have been dealing with this for about 30 years.I understand that want and need to sniff.I have gone a few years here and there without sniffing but I sometimes have relapses.The fact that you mention non acetone nail polish sounds like you are trying to make it seem like it's not as bad.I do the same thing as I frown upon huffers because I only sniff.But either way,you're breathing in harmful chemicals no matter how you sugar coat it.How do I curb my addiction?Don't keep it in the house.Take away the temptation.Make it harder to reach for.My problem is that gasoline,markers,and spray paint are all around it seems.If I go to the gas station or catch a whiff of a lawn being mowed I start to have sniffing urges.So painting your nails is kind of hard to avoid however acetone is not in nail polish,it's in nail polish remover.The chemical in nail polish that gives it that addicting smell is toluene as well as formaldehyde.The good news is that stores sell toluene free nail polish and acetone free nail polish remover.I hope that clears up your confusion.The thing with sniffing chemicals is that they are easy to find and are cheap.So yo have to take away the temptation and don't have it where you live.Switch to nail polish and remover without that addicting smell and stay away from nail salons.
SmellOfVictory

Posted: July 23, 2016, 2:37 AM
Sorry I just realized I misread your post.You sniff non acetone nail polish remover.That's not as bad as acetone but still harmful as you can still get high from it due to the chemicals.Anyway the reason why people have urges to sniff chemicals is due to either low iron(anemia) or a chemical imbalance in the brain.I have both.I take a daily vitamin with iron and an anxiety pill.It really keeps me balanced.I hardly get urges now.Although I still like the smells I used to sniff I no longer go out of my way to smell them.I would go to a health doctor and explain your issues.Don't be embarrassed,Dr's are used to dealing with all sorts of patient issues.
Concerned

Posted: April 22, 2017, 10:47 PM
Thank God I'm not the ONLY one who likes the smells of gàsoline, and my favorite is jewerly glue. I buy it just so I can smell it!
Help! Lol
ElaizaMep

Posted: November 11, 2017, 10:40 AM
Sounds decent enough and no doubt itll be super reliable.

But... Where is the character?
post replypost new topic