post replypost new topic
Nurofen Plus Withdrawls
Elsheenray

Posted: July 31, 2015, 5:53 PM
I just wanted to share with you all that I have nearly come out of withdrawing from a 7 year habit from nurofen plus, 40+ a day. I went through serious pain both emotionally and physically. I chose to go cold turkey because i am an addictive person and for my self, and i only speak for myself regarding how to do it, but i had tried so hard many times with alternative meds from my gp but it only failed.
It is a hard thing to go through but all the while my active addiction has been lying to me ,telling me i could never come off it and it would be terrible but i am stronger than I thought.I am not deluding myself, I know today is a good day and that is what i have to do, take one day at a time.
The epiphany for me was vanity and fear, my hair started falling out, I became so anaemic I had to have 3 units of blood, my Hb was 50, so low my gp rang me at home and told me if I did not go to A&E I could have a heart attack or stroke!!! Your Hb should be between 120 to 180. I was put on Iron therapy and I started taking Vits, but all the while I continued to use. I would recommend iron because it woke me up and gave me strength.
I knew without a shadow of a doubt that I would not be here next year if I didn't stop and if I was I would be bald,breathless,and bloated.I looked so healthy and young for my age before this poison took over. Already, since clearing it out I look like me and my hair is happier that'!s for sure!!! I feel alive for the first time in years,truly alive, my pupils look nice and big instead of pinned and my voice is coming back. Yes, it created so much acid my vocal cords became ill too. That stopped me in my tracks. I've run out of space but I so hope this helps. Keep going!!

Posted: October 2, 2015, 11:06 PM
Good for you - an opiate addiction is an opiate addiction when it's codeine or Fentanyl - any person that can get that junkie monkey off their backs gets my respect.
Keep going.....
SW:)

post replypost new topic