post replypost new topic
Don't Forget The Journey
VS

Posted: July 13, 2015, 12:15 AM
Hi to everyone on this forum. DAC & Josh u both are legends for helping ppl out with this poision!

This stuff is pure evil. I turned to it as an alt to weed & it didn't take long to get horribly addicted. I had to take a leave of absence from uni - I spent 12 months smoking instead of embracing my degree at an amazing art college & my new married life.
My husband never complained though he was concerned.
After countless attempts to stop it actually worked! I still remember day 11 was my breakthrough & from there I realised just how agro & tense I had been for the entire time, I finished my degree well & things were looking great, my husband & I have a new place & 2 dogs that we love dearly, apart from trying to find work post study - I've been good.
But then - a casual walk past the shop I used to buy from - I thought I would return for just one bag - it was a TERRIBLE decision. I got the same sence of giddy excitement when I bought it, that anticipation of the high it gives.
My one bag - after over A YEAR WITHOUT IT
Turned into a 3 week binge - can't believe I thought I could actually mess with this stuff again!
I'm now on day 3. This sucks.
I'm owning it though - instead of the pain owning me - each time a wave of anger or anxiety (adrenaline) hits me I think "Good! Get out of my system!" & I work through it.
Example: yesterday my husband wanted to cook a lovely meal even though he knows about the appetite issues - I was really upset & ready to fight over it but went & vacuumed the house instead.
Domestic duties are really good for distracting & focusing the bad energy - I felt relaxed by the end of it. Doing 'exercise' may not be your thing but cleaning & gardening help sweat out the bad & I also highly recommend saunas & 3 litres of water a day.
Can't believe I've done this to myself but coming off a 3 week binge is easier than a year of heavy use! No matter what DON'T FORGET AND DON'T GO BACK!!
post replypost new topic