post replypost new topic
Tired Of Needing Xanax

Posted: January 9, 2015, 12:24 AM
Hi im new to this online drug self help thing so bare with me plz, Im a 30yr old female who had been doing ecstasy heavily for a long time and eventually lead me to having to take Xanax on the come downs and now i have finally realized that at the current moment i cant function properly without at least having 6mg of xanax per day. I believe ive been addicted for almost 5-6yrs now and i wanna stop needing this drug to feel normal on a daily bases so ive read up on how to taper down slowly off xanax but still very scared of the withdrawal. The most i cn go without xanax is maybe 2 days before i start feeling terrified so im here looking for any type of help, on the best ways some of you guys have kicked this habit, any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
Toy

Posted: January 9, 2015, 10:13 AM
I know very few people who have, in the end, just tapered and walked away from addiction.

I found lasting clean/sober time in the programs of NA & AA. I kept failing on my own.

All the best.

Bob R

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)

Posted: April 5, 2015, 4:06 AM
I weaned off Xanax...

25mg.

Started with half a pill, for a week, or two. Then quarter for 2-3 weeks. then half a quarter for 2 weeks. Then i quit completely...

I still had one final episode that lasted 8 hours. but after that, no more addiction. Its different for everyone though... i dont recommend cold turkey because u can have seizures etc... Wean with doctor supervision.

Posted: January 19, 2016, 3:40 AM
I had the same problem addicted to e coke and oxys which eventually went further down hill to the dirty H. Went on methadone from the age of 20 nov 2007 and left augs 2015. Started takin clozapine for my major on comes of panic attacks which i had my whole life. Donno if when i stopped doing e they got worse? Or they just came back when i came back to reality. 1mlg pill in the beginning would last 4 days that was like that for about 6 months thrn my father got sick. Started taking a half instead of a 1\4. They really help me. Xanax really never did the trick for me. Something about the clozapine that just works so much differently. Instead of having no energy on Xanax the clozapine gives me energy makes me get up and helps me through the day. My dad passed away march of last year at the age of 52 to dementia. Im about to b 29 & feel like sometimes i donno if i can or want to live without clozapine. But on another note id rather just take a puff of some natural herbs& be done with thr pill all togehter. But until i get on medical i guess i stuck takin clozapine for now maybe if ur still havin anxiety or panic attacks try switching ur brand everyones different tho. But if ur anthign like me. And did as much e as i did. I wish i could say u can stop taking forever but until ur fully ready try something else. I do use melatonin at night to sleep if its been nights without sleep. If u feel like the Xanax is controlling ur life talk to ur doc maybe try switching to clozapine. For some reason that works better for me then Xanax could ever attempt. And xanax is far more dangerous im my eyes becuz u need more and more everytime. I wish u well. 6 mlg is alot. I use to take 1 &1\2 xanax bars & id be out for days. But it did nothing but bring me more anxiety &mood swings. When i finally got a script for the first time after 10 years without being diagnosed with panic attacks and PTSD ive gained some sort of balance. Becuz atleast now i knw it wasnt hust me and i was feeling these feelings. & there was the right pill out there for me to take safely & not abuse. I still take .50 mlgs everyday sometimes everyother depending on how bad my days get. My bf sometimes has to talk me inti taking them becuz i know my past & my addictive personality so im affriad still to use it as a crutch but it truely does help me on my off days, . Good luck again & if u need any one or to talk im here-:)
post replypost new topic