post replypost new topic
What Is Ecstasy?

Posted: June 22, 2006, 1:05 AM
I'm not planning on using it. In fact, I don't know anybody who does. I'm just curious. I've seen reports about it on TV but never really heard anyone talk about it.

--------------------
SHELLY

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Posted: June 22, 2006, 2:38 AM
MDMA (Ecstasy)

MDMA abuse and the trafficking of MDMA is on the rise, posing serious social concerns. Once confined to major metropolitan areas, MDMA trafficking has now expanded to smaller communities. Teenagers and young adults continue to be the primary targets of sophisticated crime syndicates who are supplying distribution groups with ever-increasing amounts of MDMA tablets. As the trend to consume MDMA in tandem with alcohol and other drugs continues, the harmful effects of the drug will increase exponentially.

MDMA (3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylamphetamine), also referred to as Ecstasy, XTC, E, Adam, and Essence, is a illegally manufactured variation of mescaline and amphetamine. It is considered a designer drug---a substance on the drug market that is a chemical analogue or variation of another psychoactive drug.

MDMA is marketed as a feel good drug. Devotees say it produces profoundly positive feelings, empathy for others, elimination of anxiety, and extreme relaxation--hence the nickname "hug drug," or "love drug." MDMA is also said to suppress the need to eat, drink, or sleep, enabling club scene users to endure all-night and sometimes two, or three-day parties.

MDMA is taken orally, usually in tablet or capsule form. MDMA tablets are often "stamped" with icons or logos intended to appeal to a young audience. Its effects last approximately four to six hours.

Tablets sold as Ecstasy are not always pure MDMA. As demand for Ecstasy has increased, so has the appearance of Ecstasy "fakes" often containing other substances such as amphetamine, caffeine, codeine, DXM, ephedra/ephedrine, ketamine, MDA, methamphetamine, and PCP. When used alone, MDMA is dangerous. It is even more dangerous when used in combination with other substances, as the physical and psychological effects are difficult to determine or predict.

SHORT TERM EFFECTS: increased heart rate, blood pressure and body temperature; jaw and teeth clenching/muscle tension, hypertension, dehydration, chills and/or sweating, nausea, blurred vision, faintness, dizziness, confusion, insomnia, and paranoia.

MEDICAL COMPLICATIONS:

LARGE DOSE: muscle breakdown, hyperthermia, kidney failure and cardiovascular system failure.

LONG TERM USE: depression, sleep disorders, paranoia, drug craving, persistent elevation of anxiety, liver damage, brain damage, paralysis, and possible others pending research.

This post has been edited by cynical one on June 22, 2006, 2:39 AM

--------------------

Posted: July 6, 2006, 3:01 PM
one of the most common things i have heard people say when they take e's is that they can see the music and feel the beat .Ecstacy is bringing on chemicals that your brain naturally produces but in a larger quantity . When the effects die iff then your brain lacks the feel good chemical . Thats wot people call the come down and rather than feeling good and happy u feel run down and can become tearful and moody. U don't need e's 2 have a god time. Truthfly i wish i had never gone overboard on them cos my brain is payin 4 it now. take care , herman

--------------------
Intelligence and Character

Is the true aim of Education

Posted: July 6, 2006, 5:51 PM
years ago i was a regular user of E's....
I can truely say that it is months after using that the depression gets worse.

Emily

--------------------
When God made me he was showing off

Posted: July 6, 2006, 5:52 PM
Twin Redheads in my bed

--------------------
It is Just Not worth it.

"Inside every older person is a younger person
wondering what the puck happened."

One Day At A Time

Posted: July 8, 2006, 1:39 AM
i'm not saying 4 sure but i partially blame my heroin addiction on xtc. i had a half decent upbringing and can't remember any specific bad memories or anything like that. i have always had a job and have never been in trouble with the police, what i do remember is goin overboard with partying , doing whizz and E's. alot of my friends that took it steady with xtc r now sensible adults but the ones who like me " overdone" it with the e's have succombe 2 depression , drug dependancy etc; whether that was in our genes or brought on by xtc , i don't know but i'd like 2 ask people who r starting 2 experiment 2 think twice about it. you can go out and enjoy yourself without drugs.I know it's not the same ,but in later years your head will thank you...

--------------------
Intelligence and Character

Is the true aim of Education

Posted: July 8, 2006, 3:14 AM
Jeff,
Here's your redheaded twins.
user posted image

--------------------

Posted: July 8, 2006, 8:23 AM
Cyn

That is too funny lol lol
Em

--------------------
When God made me he was showing off

Posted: August 21, 2006, 2:10 AM
Shelly,

It's a drug to steer clear of. Each batch is different and the effect is always a surprise. I used to hear stories about people taking drugs and believing they could fly, etc. This drug is not too far from that. The part of your brain that warns you of danger seems to malfunction.

On E, I have pulled my former best friend from lying in the street in Washington, DC traffic. I have cut my foot and not felt it. This was a cut requiring several stitches, and it took me 15 minutes to figure out where the footprints of blood were coming from. I had a friend fall out of a tree and suffer multiple fractures, both legs, pelvis, arm, several vertebra.

It makes you feel like you love everyone and everything and heightens your touch sensation. Think of something like an orgasmic handshake..LOL. When your on it you wish it could last forever. When it doesn't last forever, you feel terrible and it gets worse. Your brain is depleted of it's "feel good" chemicals.

I did it maybe 10? 15? times. I'll never know if my on and off depression and anxiety is a result of using this drug. I know I didn't have it before I ever used it.

Posted: May 4, 2007, 9:41 PM
Initially, once you do it, you know you will do it again because it feels so good all over.

Eventually, it chips away at your mind, taking away your sense of pleasure and causing brain damage. People will notice when you are a burnout because you have trouble paying attention and staying focused.

--------------------
Watch stories of recovery at...
http://sobriety.tv
mayo

Posted: October 31, 2018, 9:55 AM
Would anyone like to share their personal story with this drug? I'm writing a paper and no names will be used.
post replypost new topic