post replypost new topic
Sports, Energy And Diet Drinks Just As Addictive

Posted: December 26, 2018, 3:59 PM
I find sports/energy drinks to be just addictive to many. The alkie is as habitual about their usage as he is drinking or drugging. Even when not drinking them he substitutes caffeinated diet drinks. Any of them seem to put him in a state of agitation including a short temper and has lead to blood pressure and cardiovascular issues that now require medical treatment. Just like an alkie might be attracted to a bar he's attracted to the gym and his workouts must go a certain way. If the word gym is mentioned the sport drink usage starts.

It's just as hard to talk to him after a workout as it is if he's drunk because if the conversation or things don't go his way he goes off frequently from the drinks that are still in his system. Then there is the transition period where starts drinking alcohol by mid to late afternoon. Sometimes it takes hours for the alcohol to calm him down. My guess he uses the different drinks/substances to balance himself out because the routine is almost the same everyday.

Posted: January 17, 2019, 11:00 AM

One of the consequences are the effects of drinking are increased with the use of energy drinks.

https://universityhealthnews.com/dai...rink-addiction/

Posted: February 18, 2019, 4:40 PM

A link has been shown between too much diet soda and heart issues including stroke.

https://www.nydailynews.com/life-sty...0215-story.html

The caffeine content alone is probably causing as much damage as all of the artificial ingredients and chemicals in them. I know an alcoholic who is considered pre-diabetic and drinks it when not consuming alcohol. He also thinks it's healthier period. The problem isn't/wasn't regular soda it's the alcohol bombarding his system which is a simple sugar 8-10 hours a day.

This post has been edited by samegame on February 18, 2019, 7:57 PM

post replypost new topic