post replypost new topic
Guilt

Posted: February 4, 2016, 4:22 PM
Does anyone think it's possible to be addicted to guilt?

Posted: February 4, 2016, 8:37 PM
Absolutely. Guilt can stick to us like glue. Whether we deserve it or not.

Bob

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)

Posted: May 28, 2016, 6:03 AM
Absolutely. I don't want to be, but I am always feeling guilt. Not good enough (yet I am!) guilt about leaving my husband (even though it was the right thing to do!) serious guilt about drinking in front of my dog (does he know?) I think my dog hates me... I even feel guilty about that! I feel guilt that I don't take him on more walks per day (he gets three), I feel guilty if I don't call someone back immediately.... you name it. I have read some great books that make me "feel" better, but they are not solutions or cures. I am 45 yrs. old and I think I will just feel guilt the rest of my life... about ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING.

--------------------
Angela

Posted: May 28, 2016, 8:42 AM
Although I don't believe Im addicted to guilt, I do feel a LOT of it....but Im also an addict and theres a lot to feel guilty about when actively using. Im also a mother...so yeah theres that. A pediatrician that I absolutely LOVED told me one day when I brought one of the kids in....your a mother...we automatically feel guilty about something! I highly suggest counseling. Its the BEST thing Ive done for myself. Just shop around to find a good one. Im 50 yrs old and the guilt is killing me. Im also just starting a book that was highly recommended to me called Radical Acceptance by Tara Brach. Im hoping it will give me some answers.

--------------------

JEN

I have not been given a spirit of fear but of power,love and a sound mind.
post replypost new topic