post replypost new topic
Shopping Addiction

Posted: October 3, 2015, 10:58 PM
hi! I'm Madelaine and I'm a shopping addict. Please help me. I'm trying not to be but I ca't help ordering online and buying clothes at the mall.I also buy food and don't eat it because I'm on a diet!

Posted: February 3, 2016, 6:49 PM
Hi, I've been there, almost my whole life I was a shopaholic. From the age that I got my first credit card until about a year ago. So from the ages of 18-31, I was addicted to shopping. Finally, since I met my boyfriend, I've learned to be frugal, because he was at a time. Now, it's not the case, but I'm still frugal. I never used to be frugal, but then again, I never lived on my own until the past year or so. You get used to not spending money after awhile. I used to be just like you, would buy literally every single thing in every color, with the matching accessories to go with. Then, as I started hanging out with a friend of mine who lived an elite lifestyle, my spending became worse. I always wanted nice things and one day, I splurged and bought a Coach bag. Well, once you buy one, you have to buy more. My once in a while Coach addiction, turned into about 3 bags a week addiction, that's bad. I didn't realize how foolish I was being, until I've had to file bankruptcy a couple of times and do a debt consolidation about 3 times. I've pretty much worked my whole life to support a materialistic habit and it was ridiculous. I had nothing to show for it, except for a few odds and ends, but nothing major. Now, I'm staying with my boyfriend, and I'm way better with money. He wouldn't spend money on unnecessary stuff, and I stopped doing it as much. The more that I hung out with him, the less I spent money on stupid crap. When I look back now, I can't believe how much money I've spent on stuff. I think I own every single color of the Classic Short Uggs, all 14 that they had on their site one time. I used to buy a couple of pairs a year, to buying almost half the colors in one week. That was insane. I also got myself in a lot of credit card debt and just wanted to live a normal life - debt free. Finally, after the final straw, I didn't want that life anymore. It's okay to have nice things and have everything you want, without getting yourself in debt. It's not worth it. It's not fun, when you look back and realized you worked for nothing, but material crap. I'd rather pay an electric bill, gas, or rent. It's much more worthy than anything material. I was getting my nails done every other week, and that ended up costing me about $1500 a year, it was insane, that's rent, a down payment, or a vacation for a week! I was ridiculous about money, if you ever needed to know about shopping, I was the one to ask, I was absolutely insane when it came to shopping. I hope you'll realize later how silly it is to literally spend all your money on such silly stuff. To me, it's silly. To you, might be a different story. I'm just glad I learned before it was too late. I'm glad I'm not like that now. Don't get me wrong, I still love to shop, just don't want to blow $300 on one bag! It's not worth it, I can buy $300 worth of groceries, things for the house, or pay some bills. I can do more for myself now, than ever. I hope this helps.

Posted: March 23, 2016, 1:09 AM
Maybe you need to stay away from internet. Or use website blocking software from where you usually order online.
post replypost new topic