I Need Advice/help
Posted: April 21, 2019, 11:59 PM

I'm an 18 year old with a drug addiction. I'll try any drug I'm presented with basically, but the only one I will go out of my way to have is weed. I don't have a job or any qualifications, I live at home still and routinely steal from my mom and younger siblings to fund my addiction. I feel terrible. But I can't stop myself. Recently I stole and pawned my mom's wedding ring so I could buy weed. She's noticed it missing and suspects that I have stolen it for sure but I've denied everything. I know I need to tell her before things get worse but I am so scared of what will happen when she finds out. I have no idea what to do :(
Posted: July 17, 2019, 3:00 PM

This isn't a timely answer, but you do need help. The alternative is a life of increasing misery that likely includes jail time, routine use of more potent and harmful drugs, and possibly an untimely death or even a permanent disability.

I suggest you admit your wrong in time for your mother to get her wedding ring back and ask your parents for help. Know that rehab is just the beginning, not a be all - end all. Following rehab up with 12-step meetings is a wise choice.

God bless!

This post has been edited by SoberInMI on July 17, 2019, 3:02 PM
  top of page  Top