post replypost new topic
Need Some Guidance For Dual Diagnosis Socal
SoCalInNeed

Posted: February 22, 2018, 2:55 PM
Hi all -

So quickly, I’m trying to find a program (IOP or similar) to deal with some PTSD I’ve recently uncovered which I was drinking away in a dangerous manner. I’ve come to terms and I was inpatient for a week and got some medications that seems to be really making a difference and they suggested IOP when I got home. Well Loma Linda medical is the closest to me but they are only offering 12 step program that is both spiritual/religious as well as very limiting. I very rarely use thc but I do and will likely continue (I average once a month if that) which I was honest about. They flat out refused me? And didn’t offer me any other alternative aside from religious based.

I’m in the San Bernardino/ Redlands area and I have good insurance but need some suggestions on where I may find some help. The alcohol is absolutely a problem but my real problem is obviously the ptsd from my past that needs to be addressed along with the alcohol.

Any help would be great. Thank you all.

Posted: February 23, 2018, 10:45 PM
try smartrecovery.org a lot of information there. poke around to find links to see if there are meetings near you, or out patient services that have what you are looking for
post replypost new topic