post replypost new topic
When Does It Violate Anonymity?
Peter

Posted: December 20, 2017, 3:02 PM
I saw a four people from the rooms at a party a friend threw. My sponsor says that I should not go to the same meetings as them now because it would be a problem with anonymity now that I know about their life outside the rooms.

But they saw each other too. I know they have more time, but what are the parameters of anonymity?

I know we are not supposed to know each others last names, and even after the party I still don't know theirs. But this can get really hard. I am sure that this sort of thing will happen again. After I finish the steps will I still have to be as careful about anonymity?

Posted: December 22, 2017, 11:00 PM
I do not know the parameters of anonymity (I can not even pronounce the word correctly)

I think of Anonymity as the same as Confidentiality. The people and stories you hear at a meeting are confidential. Confidential to the point of -- it is ok to tell someone a something about something you heard but not to expose who, or where it originated.

If I saw someone outside of a meeting, I would not acknowledge them at the public location (party) and when I saw them back at a meeting, I would not talk to them about seeing them somewhere in public. I think it has to do with privacy and with everyone not feeling uncomfortable if they bump into a fellow in public.

Unless, the person acknowledged you, and you both agree that you want to be open about the fact that you know each other. STILL - the information you know is Confidential.

some people can be friends or acquaintance with some one with out exposing confidential information or the fact that they go to certain meetings -- some people do not have this control over them selves.

Question - will all four of you need to go to different meetings... if you were all invited to the same party, then your circle of friends is overlapping?

I am not an expert - so I don't know exactly what the protocol is.

Peter

Posted: December 24, 2017, 8:12 PM
You are raising all the same questions I have.
post replypost new topic