New Member. Hi.
Posted: May 31, 2017, 6:00 AM

Hi. I just want to introduce myself and say hello. Im currently looking for places to talk about a few issues i have. I'm just getting started so im not exactly sure what im looking for, or where to go for help. I plan on posting here and maybe some other forums/groups just to start the ball rolling. I hope to have some positive discussions in the near future.
Posted: May 31, 2017, 8:35 PM

Hello Welcome.. I haven't been here in a while but whatever it is you need I hope you find it here.. I know I did... Are you recovering or a family member of someone recovering?
Posted: May 31, 2017, 8:37 PM

Here is a song all about your first day of sobriety....

https://youtu.be/xAXW1yI1G4M

Posted: June 2, 2017, 12:25 PM

Hi, thanks for the reply madmomma.
To give some background I’m 43 and live in the UK. I’ve been getting ‘on it’ in one form or another since I was a teenager.
I work full time and have two kids. I also have issues around anxiety and depression and also self harm.
Current issues are alcohol and coke. The routine is sober Monday to Thursday if I’m lucky (sometimes a few beers mid week). Weekends are when it tends to get messy.
I know deep down that I should abstain all together. I don’t think the addict in me will let me just now. It’s like there's a little addiction demon jumping up and down on my shoulder with a can of beer in one hand and rolled up note in the other screaming down my ear, “ you don’t need to give up altogether, just cut down a bit”.
Anyway that’s where I am at the moment. I recently went 11 days without a line which is positive. I guess id like to build on that.
I’m in the ‘danger zone’ right now. It’s early Friday evening where I am. I’m home alone, owe my guy money from last week and getting tempted to go around which will only end one way!
I suppose the whole point of me doing this is so I can write and get things off my chest and share things with people. Maybe get some support or even help others, if I can stick to it.
Anyway, I’ve rambled on enough for now. Going to try to keep myself busy for a few hours. Lets see how I do!
Posted: June 6, 2017, 6:23 AM

Got though the weekend without it! Had a few beers but didnt get drunk. I went camping saturday to monday so that was a big help. In work the rest of this week so should be ok till Friday.
  top of page  Top