post replypost new topic
Have You Ever Heard Someone Admit To Cravings?
Emile

Posted: May 19, 2017, 1:45 PM
I recently communicated with someone who had been in the program who suggested that I say in a meeting that I was having trouble with drug cravings. I have never heard any one do this in many years in the rooms. I actually hinted at this once in a share and was yelled at for it.

This just seems so far from the program as I was taught it. By sharing something that is not experience strength or hope, I think I could move myself even further outside the group.
Mike

Posted: May 24, 2017, 8:33 PM
Are you kidding me? Really not much difference between "I'm really going thru it " and " I want to get loaded", We had a guy that screamed " I really wanna get loaded today" for the first four years, less and less as time goes by but today he's still clean and graduated a California University with a Masters in Psychology. That's pretty cool by my standards coming from a place of stealing the Starbucks tip jar for drug money the week before joining our meetings. If anyone tells you you need to be quiet or its not OK to take care of yourself by being honest in especially early recovery R U N from that person and find some of our members that have been taught to show compassion to newcomers, it takes what it takes and taking care of yourself is permitted in every instance!!
Emile

Posted: May 25, 2017, 8:32 AM
Wow. Back about 15 years ago, I would sometimes go to meetings with three or four people and folks were open about cravings, etc.

But for the last dozen or so years, I have only been to larger meetings, and have never heard anything like what you describe.
post replypost new topic