post replypost new topic
Jail And Withdrawal.
WarriorQueen

Posted: July 16, 2016, 8:18 PM
This is Something I seen posted many times by mostly non-addicts . Also by families of addicts . It really bothers me ... so I'm going to write this out bare with me .( I'm a recovering addict and I'm not a doctor . )

1. I'm seeing many people say addiction isn't a disease which it is... that is why there are many medical treatment facilities . All doctors across the board agree that there is science involved and an addicts brain make-up is forever changed after continued use. I can't believe more people aren't educated on this ?

2. I always seen non-addicts posting about their loved ones . Saying "it's good my family member went to jail...it's not like they can die in there". Wow I was in shock after reading that ! In jail there is no detox or recovery treatment and if they make it through the cold turkey withdraw they probably will go back to using because they were forced to stop. Addicts do die In jail it's not that un-common and it's mostly due to withdraw extremes meaning severe dehydration, seizures, rapid-heartbeat. Some can't take the mental/physical pain of the withdrawal and commit suicide . For the many people saying jail is safe .... sometimes it is and sometimes it's not depending on the person and the addiction . Jail doesnt care or even try to help .. if an addict dies they could care even less. For some it is a god sent to go to jail and to be detoxed and clean ... for others it's a death sentence .

How many agree / disagree and why ?

Posted: July 18, 2016, 4:00 AM
yea i agree have bin in both situations in hmp

Posted: July 20, 2016, 11:12 AM
I'd say it depends on the habit...
KIMMY

Posted: July 26, 2016, 11:12 AM
I DON'T believe in the concept of rock bottom for addicts. As a parent of one addict I have witnessed jail stopping my child from using and detoxing him long enough for him to think clearly. He committed criminal acts that landed him in jail and his addicted behaviour made that experience way worse for him but those are the consequences and the problem with a drugged mind is that it doesn't appear to comprehend the consequences of actions. As a parent I want to protect my sick child but I am limited when that child became an adulated. I did appreciate the detoxing, forced but real. I will always be there for my child but the addicted adult he has experienced as part of who he is, will only be dealt with by him. Jail is a bad place as is addictive lifestyle and there are no easy answers.
post replypost new topic