< prev  next >  post replypost new topic
My Husand's Fake Weed Addiction Is Out Of Control

Posted: February 7, 2013, 7:56 PM
I dont even know where to begin...My husband od 12 years is very addicted and I feel so lost. He says just because they sell it in stores doesnt make it bad. Needless to say he is losing his mind and I'am very scared. Even today packing up our 2 year old and leaving has been on my mind. I have dealt with his other addictions in the past like drinking and weed when he stopped those things I was so happy and then someone he worked with told him about this stuff, and I can't deal. Please is there someone with advice I really dont know what to do. I want to stick by him because thats what I believe but honestly prayer is not working and I dont know how much longer I can so this.

Posted: February 7, 2013, 9:55 PM
If you've been through many phases of various addictions it appears that he continues to seek escape and until he gets real mental health services he will keep finding the next new thing and telling himself whatever lies he needs to in order to protect his addiction. I do not ever advise people on whether to leave or stay unless there is physical or emotional abuse involved, that is very much a personal choice, but what I would ask you is this: If this is as good as it gets, will it be good enough for you and your child? Has it been good enough so far? There is a very wise woman here who always says that a relationship is supposed to enhance your life, not make it more difficult...is yours fulfilling its promise?

You cannot make him well nor love him into sobriety. What are you doing for you and your child? What help are you seeking for yourself? Who is taking care of you? You can be supportive and loving and stick with him without living under the same roof...

Peace ~ MomNMore

This post has been edited by MomNMore on February 7, 2013, 9:55 PM

--------------------
You will not change what you are willing to tolerate.

user posted image

Posted: February 10, 2013, 3:40 PM
This is the most difficult thing i've ever tried to beat. I have been smoking the "fake weed" for a little over a year now, lost my wife of 9 years and our two children because of my inability to function while on it, and the fact i cannot put it down, this crap has destroyed every facet of my life in one form or another. I have tried and tried again to get myself off of this stuff to no avail. Every day i tell myself this is the last one, until the withdraws kick in of course. I battled this while i was married, until, understandably my parter had enough. I have lost all of my friends because I cant function without having a hit readily available to eliminate the withdraw, so i have become a complete recluse, no friends, no family, and the only thing i can count on it seems is the next high, my only comfort. I hate who i am, who i have become, and know that i am not myself anymore, trying to quit pulls me into the most depressing bleak hopeless state i can even try to describe, uncontrolled crying (yes a 6'4 man crying like a baby), its so surreal. It seems so impossible to overcome I am amazed anyone has gotten through
therealdeal

Posted: February 20, 2013, 5:14 PM
I'm sorry to all those whom are having troubles, but can i say all drugs or medication is bad for you in quantity and can kill you. I to have seen what fake can do to a person and the changes they go thru and instead of just giving up and leaving them help them and support them they still love you deeply I'm sure but the addiction is getting to them. I smoke fake and real I've tried he bath salts...that's what hooked me and nearly lost my life because of it. I managed to quit the salt cold Turkey before any real damage was done, it was very hard and the withdrawals suck. As of today i still smoke real and fake and doing just fine in moderation, i have a gf whom i love with all my heart and support her on everything...i don't smoke day to day maybe once a week and that's just to keep my stress down...in my opinion everyone has a crutch of sum sort some just don't have good self control over the substance... to all the people trying to quit i wish you all good luck keep fighting and ull be able to quit just don't give in there is help out there if you look for it.
felicia

Posted: March 12, 2013, 7:46 PM
My boyfriend is so additicted this crap to he smiles it everyday borrows money for it never gives it back when he says he will and wants more and more I'm almost at my wits end he one day his eyes tools back in head and he started shakeun this happens to tines already and he wouldn't snap out of it I thought he was gonna die and started crying was bout call911 then he anapest out it and said what's wrong u I told him what happeend he didn't helices me 10 mins later he was pukeing everywhere he blamed it on food I cooked Anit no way it was that next day he buys another bag I get mad and threatened. Leave him he says I got sick cus just a bad bag chill and calling me all kinds names starts smokein then another thing he sleep 24/7 and wen he isn't he makes no Snice I feel so alone and I don't know wat do anymore he my first live first sex first everything been with him for 5 years ugh but all year he been addicted this crap just vesting worse and bad thing is wen he not on it he so mean me I kinda just can't wait till he smokes again so he quits verbally and phiscally abuseing me
felicia

Posted: March 12, 2013, 7:49 PM
Sorry for some the misplaced words and spelling in my post was on my phone and it always auto corectting please I would love hear story's from the addtics even people Knight addicts um so lost idk wat to do
jefferson

Posted: March 21, 2013, 11:10 PM
this synthetic weed is an epidemic. i got busted for real weed and got put on probation with drug tests, so i did what any rational person would and switch to the fake stuff. HUGE mistake although it did get me through the probation period. when i was done and went back to the real stuff, i couldnt get There. even the chronicy chronic couldnt get me to the high that the fake stuff could. the fake stuff is more addictive, more expensive, and def more harmful. it def messes with your cannaboid receptors, which is not only used by exocannabiniods like when you smoke the real or fake stuff, but for all the endocannabinoids which your body naturally produces. i started freebasing the powderized chemicals that make up the fake stuff and def gets you way, but im pretty sure it was the cause of an ER visit due to excruciating pain in my legs. I truly believe marijuana is medicine, but fake weed is a abomination. Ive seen a few people including myself whose personality changed while on the fake stuff. I wouldnt have admitted it at the time though. i wish you and your husband the best of luck, but i dont see him changing, till he sees the need to change. and quite frankly you can justify anything if thats what you think, no matter what "rational" thought might tell you.
Hope

Posted: March 22, 2013, 10:36 AM
The person who last posted is sooooo right. This is a disease and until the person is educated on what they are experiencing, they will be in a never ending battle trying to get off this crap. My hubby wound up going into an intensive outpatient substance abuse program for several weeks. It did wonders. My hubby also worked really hard. He now has a sponsor he talks to daily, still goes to aftercare once a week, and goes to AA meetings around 4 times per week. He also does daily praying and reading to stay connected to the healing/recovery process. Ok people. Have faith in your partner and keep trying to get them into some type of treatment. My hubby had to be arrested and hit Rock bottom for him to realize he needed help. Hopefully that won't be the case for u or ur loved one.
Val101

Posted: March 24, 2013, 5:09 PM
I'm on this post, because my 24 year old son just called me and told me that he thought he was addicted to this legal s%#@. I immediately believed him and am looking for suggestions to help him. I told him he had to move home (one roommate won't stop....the other has) and he told me that I couldn't force him to move home. He says he doesn't have any $ even though he makes $600 a week and bills that equal no more than $800 a month and he doesn't remember or know where his $ is going.
He is thinking about moving home for 2-3 weeks, but what if he doesn't? Help! And suggestions to help him.....
MelAnie

Posted: April 28, 2013, 12:21 AM
I feel the exact same way. This is like a carbon copy of my life, except my husband had back surgery in sept, and is still unemployed. He is making me hate him and my life.
Dj lamb

Posted: May 1, 2013, 1:50 AM
I am going through the same thing. My husband is so addicted. I HATE it!!! He used to smoke weed, but got a union job and switched to this. He is a zombie!!! We have been married for 15 years and have a 13-year-old son, and he even knows my husband is on this crap! We have had our problems in the past, but I have never wanted to leave him. He has been on it for a year and a half and it has been the worst in the last five months. I have given him altimatums, and I have cried, yelled, tried to be reasonable, but toying works! Now, he can't sleep without it, wakes up in the middle of the night, blames it on chronic pain in other areas, and it is kridiculous. He spends about six hundred bucks a month on this crap! When he is on it (which is almost 24/7) he talks likes he is drunk, and when he isn't, he is moody and angry. I told him he has changed, and I am getting ready to leave him. He acts likes it is a joke, but it isn't. I am sick to my stomach, and I am sick of being angry at him. I feel like I am being a b**** by resenting him, but I can't help it! I just want my normal life back, even with the problems. He tries to get me to drive him to the store, because he doesn't have a license, and I refuse. He drives any other time. We live in a house, that is at least fifty feet from our neighbors, but when I talk to him, not yell, about it, he is paranoid, and thinks they can hear us. He went to Arizona for two weeks in March, and he said he would get clean, but didn't. Instead he smoked it down there and had some type of hallucination and thought the cops were after him twice, fought with his dad to the point where he was going to call the cops on him, and flipped out his sister's house also. He is not the same person. I am scared and worried of what to do! I hate the smell, and try to make it an out of sight, out of mind scenario, but he always smells like it. His fingers are gross from smoking roaches. Please, what can I do?!

Posted: May 6, 2013, 1:29 PM
I posted awhile back and just want to say that my boyfriend and I had some big scary changes in our lives....I was on my last straw with him and he finally quit. He has been sober now since january and he is not going back. I'm soooo proud of him and so happy. I was so afraid that I lost him forever. I basically had to trap him at my house away from it and all his friends to get him off it he also had to agree to doing that. It was a long hard struggle but I'm so glad that I stuck by him. People on this need serious help! This is NOTHING like weed. I saw someone saying they were thinkin of trying it and had kicked the habit of smoking pot. Trust me I have also kicked the habit of smoking pot and I was basically high for about 4 years...and smoked for about 5....this addiction is NOTHING like pot. You will NOT be able it handle it the way you did weed. I am so thankful I found this page. I had already told him I was done and had left him to fend for ohimself, no family andno real friends to help him get off the crap when I found this page. When I saw how similar everyone's stories were I stopped taking his actions so personally and realized it was definitely the drugs. That when I went to him and told him if he seriously wanted to quit, as someone who really gives a damn, I will help him but he had to come to my house right away. He came the very next night because he had something he was doing and hasn't smoked since. So sharing your stories has helped at least 2 people :) thank you all and I pray things are going good for all of you and this crap is out of your lives. Also I saw someone say not to leave someone because they are on this. I say give it all you can but you can only do so much. Don't loose yourself.
servant

Posted: May 6, 2013, 3:44 PM
Pray. Ask Jesus for help and guidance. Stay strong and God bless you and you family
aaron

Posted: May 9, 2013, 2:02 AM
he needs to see what he's doing to your marrige once he relises he needs help little changes may start but without effort from him you have nothing i was in the same bout needed it to sleep but cost me $400 a week by the end my mates made me relise it was wrong and to get up and live a little lol sorry darl make him c or u have no chance leave hes gotta help himself to help you's hope i helped doctors have a natural pill of melitonin witch hepls sleep also have a natural all safe pill that helps with cravings the s*** he smokes is a chemical not the docs stuff make him see plz
concerned mum

Posted: May 9, 2013, 6:24 AM
My son is addicted to legal weed and has even stolen money for his next fix how can we get him to stop smoking it? Its tearing my family appart

Posted: May 21, 2013, 3:03 PM
I have been on a kicker the last 14 day with this fake weed.. Never been hooked on drugs in my life, maybe some weed from time to time and thats maybe 3 times a year. The stuff is strong... You need to just get him to stop. Its cheap and easy to get. I used to workout every day!! Now I just hide in my apart, smoke and do whatever.. You have to be willing to lose him in order for it to change. I even left my good job. I'm on it now and look how all over the place I am, this is not good.

This post has been edited by Houston19750421 on May 21, 2013, 3:22 PM
Concernedmama

Posted: May 21, 2013, 5:32 PM
Do you want to quit Houston19750421? I was under the impression that they had stopped selling it in Houston effective 5/13/2013. I hope so because my son was on it - I even called one of the head shops (Zig Zag) and they said they had to stop selling it.

Houston - go look at the beginners guide and get started - I know you want your life back - Read all these stories of despair on here - no one started smoking this to get addicted - it was just a way to get around the drug test for work - my son didn't think he would be addicted either - this poison does it to you.

Houston, you have to want it - ask for help from a family member, friend or you can keep pouring your heart out on here. We are all anonymous and trying to help one another.

I will be praying for you Houston.

CMama
Houston19750421

Posted: May 29, 2013, 3:01 PM
That was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life... I have not smoked in a week.. have 0 desire to

Posted: May 29, 2013, 7:15 PM

Hi sherryjustine,

This is a serious addiction. I just finished writing an article on this very topic delving into the serious nature of the problem.

I have no idea why these drugs are legal but they can have a devastating effect on the person using them.

You seem to have vested a lot of time and effort into this relationship and the best place to get advice is at CODA or Al-Anon meetings, talking to people who are/have been in exactly the same place you are.

You can't help him, he needs to want to help himself, but you can help yourself. In the end the best thing to do may be to kick him out or leave, and there will, for sure, be many hardships as a result, but I would seriously start by going to meetings with like minded people.

As a drug addict I am appalled at my behavior. I did things, that in sobriety, seem absolutely awful; I treated my wife so poorly and my ego (my disease) would not let me see the true nature of beast I had become. It was not until I got into rehab and the counselors put the mirror up to my face that I saw the monster standing before me.

Thankfully my wife stood by me and I am forever grateful and indebted to her. I also know that my story is rare. Unfortunately most addicts never quite realize the damage we have done, nor show remorse for the harm we have caused.

My prayer an thoughts are with you and I hope you find your way to some meetings no mater how it turns out.

--------------------
Patient at NLTC
One day at a time.

Posted: May 31, 2013, 5:27 AM
Hope your still doing well Houston, it took me a few goes at quitting, but I'm 3 weeks away now and feeling sooooo much better, it's worth the pain to get away from this stuff, really...
post replypost new topic