Please read ALL rules and guidelines before posting to the Addiction Recovery Message Board. Abuse or neglect of any of these guidelines may result in removal from the board and loss of posting privileges.
This board is monitored on a regular basis. Moderators may edit, move, or delete any posts they deem necessary and/or ban the member if he or she continues to post inappropriate material.
- This board does not permit any behavior or content pertaining to anything illegal. This includes, but is not limited to, discussing how and/or where to obtain illegal substances. Any posting of advertisements (employment listings, items for sale, etc.) is strictly forbidden.
- Protect Your Privacy - We encourage you to refrain from posting personal information such as your full name, social security number, phone number, home address or even a primary email address. Post only the information you feel comfortable sharing with everyone. Remember, you are responsible for your posts and their content. Also, please refrain from posting any personal information about another member without their consent.
- Posters may use any appropriate screen name or alias. However, posting as another user or using numerous aliases is forbidden.
- You are accountable for any actions you take based on information or advice from other posters. The providers of this web site take no responsibility that the information posted herein is reliable or accurate. PLEASE CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE MAKING ANY DECISIONS WHICH MAY AFFECT YOUR HEALTH.
- If you decide to visit any links posted within these forums, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses and other destructive elements.
Posting Specific Guidelines
- Stay on Topic - This message board focuses on addiction recovery. Please limit your posts and messages to topics related to recovery. While it is okay to post off-topic from time-to-time, most of your posts should be recovery-related.
- Be Courteous - Please refrain from personal attacks, name calling, offensive language, or any other derogatory or socially inappropriate comments. Remember, people are going to disagree. If another poster makes an inappropriate post, please do not fan the flames by posting your disapproval of the thread/post.
- Listen - If someone posts a topic or message that makes you feel angry, hurt, upset, etc., read the post again. This is an online community, emotions and exact meanings are difficult to relay without hearing the tone and understanding the perspective from which they are coming from.
- Do not - threaten, stalk, harass or abuse other posters. Do not post inflammatory material, anything counter-productive to the purpose of the board, links to personal or professional site with questionable content.
- Be as descriptive as possible in the title of your post without making it too long. This will direct attention to your post more quickly than a general subject line such as "Help" or "Have a question."
- Please post information which is true and correct to your knowledge and provide references as necessary.
- When another member is banned temporarily or permanently, do not discuss this person or his/her actions, posts, etc.
- Any abuse, neglect or disrespect of any of the above rules will result in loss of posting privileges.