< prev  post replypost new topic
Are You In Need Of Support?

Posted: November 29, 2012, 12:01 PM
after 10yrs sobriety and and being alone after a divorce for 2 yrs i decided to date a memeber of the opposit sex in recovery. shouldve known better he didnt have time in sobriety and the lies i uncovered where to many to count and shameful and hurtful to relive aloud. still as an older woman i had a chance to b a mom as i was pregnant with my beautiful girl. thought if i held it together stayed sober and worked hard enough sooner or later her dad would see and my family would b ok. however much to my dismay this was not as it was to b. i sacrificed countlessly to only find out that these choices i made would only hurt myself and my angel. for i paid the prices.i hope my choices become better and i can get my sobriety back because if not me and my angel r doomed.

Posted: November 29, 2012, 12:31 PM
Angelina,
Walk back into the rooms and ask for help. Call your sponsor or one of your GF's in recovery and let them help you.

You do have a choice. You can choose today to not pick up that first drink, to ask God for the help in order to do that and the courage to get back into recovery. One thing I am fairly certain of, at least for me, is I could never do it alone. The only way I can stay clean & sober and have a life with peace & joy is by allowing others in to my world and showing me & helping me to stay clean & sober, one day at a time.

Go to a meeting, Angelina. The answers you are seeking are there.

Godspeed~
Stacey

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.

Posted: November 29, 2012, 2:03 PM
Hi Angelina, welcome to the board, where hope is alive and support and encouragement is served up daily. Sounds like you have a good grasp on what went wrong and probably know what you must do to get/stay sober. Stacey's advise is solid and I hope you take it. Good luck to you and keep coming back, you have friends here. (((hugs)))

This post has been edited by Karraster on November 29, 2012, 2:04 PM

Posted: November 29, 2012, 2:37 PM
Hi Angelina! It can get better. It really can. Don't let your past disappointments and hurts hold you back from doing the right thing for yourself and your baby girl now. Keep coming back and talking to us!

This post has been edited by Yogi on November 29, 2012, 2:38 PM

Posted: November 29, 2012, 7:18 PM

Hi angelina.. I hope you will find hope and comfort here.. I know you will find support. You have today and it can be the day that you begin your new life. Keep your thoughts focused on recovery rather than drinking problem and tell yourself that you are a survivor NOT a victim... Make a list of improvements/goals you would like to reach and strive for them.. One day at a time you can achieve sobriety and a better way of life..Try your best to think positive because we become what we think and if we think we can do it we will. Think of yourself as woman of strength, as a woman who is worthy and as a woman who deserves to live a happy and fulfilled life. we can achieve anything we put our mind too no matter how difficult it may seem at times. courage is not about being never afraid but instead courage is still doing what needs to be done even you are afraid... face your fears because they are only as big as you let them... Have faith in yourself and your abilities and with helping hands you can change your life and by changing your life you will change the life of your child for the better... ......please keep coming back and you will have friends here and much support.....................Hope this video will give you some inspiration...........hugs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61A7bVaeBg4

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need

Posted: May 14, 2013, 1:10 AM
Hi Pirate! This is the one! This post of yours jumped out and grabbed me, yes it did! Once you told me that I can always look back over the older posts I've written to see just how much has changed, how far I've come. My journey in sobriety started here. Your words still grab me. Thank you and all who post here. Pulling this one forward, it needs to be seen by somebody out there who is scared and broken. There is hope and help for the accepting.
post replypost new topic