< prev  next >  post replypost new topic
1 Day Sober From Alcohol 3yrs Sober From Other Stu

Posted: July 23, 2013, 9:12 PM
pirate and daddyx3 thank you i am feeling grateful today, and have not had a drink since Saturday. Had a tuff night and wanted to walk down the street to get a bottle of wine. Had a friend commit suicide that I grew up with since grade school and it hurt bad. Was so wanting to drown out the tears and emotions but reminded myself and kept repeating what you all tell me about how it will feel better within time. I know i will have to feel many emotions being sober but that's a good thing right! thank you all for the support. Pirate I will check into the AA rooms online thank you so much!

Posted: July 24, 2013, 11:10 PM
Another day passes and i'm still alcohol free, went for a great run today on the beach, than played some basketball with my kids. Had a great day still saddened by my friends passing but know i must live sober, he will be watching i'd like to make him proud.

Posted: July 25, 2013, 5:44 AM
Hello Annaneko

Good to see your post and see you are taking it one day at a time. Keep doing that, one hour or one minute at a time if you have to. Keep communicating with your Higher Power. Use this board to vent or post. Go to meetings. Read AA literature (lots of it online). Ask Your Higher Power and other AAs for help. Allowing them to help you helps them too. This is a WE Program.

Keep posting.

--------------------
Let me love and serve and teach,
Those who come within my reach.
For miracles begin that way!
Author: Sally Deford

Posted: July 25, 2013, 5:46 AM
HI Anne. so glad to know you are still sober.. one hour at a time will add up to a day and one day at a time will had up to weeks. we become what we think and if we think we will become sober we will.. change your thoughts, you change your feelings you change your behavior... it all starts with a single thought.. get a negative one, replace it with a positive one. do that a 1000 times a day if you need to. Every morning do a grateful list of the blessings you have in your life.. there are many.. In treatment center I was told to put a character to my addiction it will give some visualization on what you are fighting . In my mind I have an alcoholic demon that I call the b****...I aint about to let her win and destroy me.. I have seen her destroy others... next month I will have 3 years of straight continued sobriety... my friend L. will be dead for 3 years... the difference a choice can make uh? keep coming back Ann..sending support and HOPE and strength .. YOU CAN DO THIS! How do I know you can? because I did and if I can do it so can you.hugs

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need

Posted: July 30, 2013, 11:13 PM
Shows how missing meetings, and not posting here can get you intro trouble, ill feelings turn into bad thoughts again just excuses. Gonna keep trying this and not give up, shame guilt and the seed has been planted. Can't drink and have a good time because i feel guilty doing it and know it's wrong. Know i can't go out with friends because I will drink so gonna blow off the depression the anxiety and all ill feelings with physical things like running and playing with my kids. I have been drinking less and less now that i have admitted to myself that i am powerless over this but i want to stop all together i want it i know i do gonna just try again and do more meetings, and more posting.

Posted: July 31, 2013, 5:55 AM
Hi Anna
Congratulations on your progress so far. Keep going. There is no easier softer way of stopping drinking. But there is a lot of help available. Meetings and posting are good, but daily contact with a sponsor is a enormous help. Sponsors get as much or more out of helping than the sponsee so do not be shy about asking. Get a Big Book (entitled Alcoholics Anonymous) and read it. Most meetings will sell you one for about $10.00. Best value in the world.

Living in recovery is very rewarding.

Keep posting. Responding to your post helps me stay sober. Thank you.

E.

--------------------

Posted: July 31, 2013, 9:18 AM
seagull thank you for the inspiring words and the help. It's easy to know but when you have some one encouraging you saying you can do it makes a real difference thank you. I will get a big book and I will do my best to fight this. Today is a new day and I will use all i have to keep negative thoughts out of my head. I hope you have a great day as well.

Posted: July 31, 2013, 9:38 AM
Anna, it gets better each day I promise! Not to say you'll never have problems again, but you can learn to work through problems without using alcohol as a crutch. You're worth it sweetie! You have an amazing life ahead of you if you will allow it to happen. Hang in there kiddo! We're all here for you! ((hugs))

Posted: July 31, 2013, 9:47 AM
Oh, and I wanted to say, the story (in the Big Book) about a man addicted to running out into traffic was one I related to so much. Yes, he would get hit by a vehicle each time, but that didn't make him stop. Yeah, that's crazy! So was my drinking. Something bad would always happen, but those things didn't make me stop. So do by all means, read the Big Book. You can get on at an AA meeting. Heck, you can find one online, or at a book store. I got mine at an AA meeting, and it was a warm hand that offered it. There were smiles all around me, and loving understanding eyes. They all understood. They had all been there.

Posted: July 31, 2013, 11:05 AM
One step at a time, one day at a time, Anna. Most of us have had to learn the cold hard truth that we didn't know how to live this way. It's about Progress, not perfection. It takes time to change our lives, so keep doing what we've done and you'll get what we've gotten.

And trust God.

--------------------

Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservation.

Posted: July 31, 2013, 12:19 PM
Keep coming back, Anna.

You belong.

xoxo
Stacey

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.

Posted: July 31, 2013, 8:29 PM
Hi Anna

Hope you had a real good day.
I had supper with my sponsee and her sponsee who just has celebrated six months free of alcohol.
Living proof that AA works.

Do something everyday that makes AA touch your life.
You sound intelligent and want to improve your life. You are worth all the energy and study and stubbornness that you put into staying sober. Get involved in the AA group whose meetings you attend. Help setup for the meetings and clean and tidy up after. A little service work will payoff in amazing ways.

Good luck, Annaneko.

keep posting!

--------------------

Posted: July 31, 2013, 11:14 PM
Thanks guys today was a great day! Spent time with my kids and work and had a great day. Can't say i didn't want to have a drink but it didn't cross my mind as much today which was awsome! I will get a big book, and I will get to a meeting, and I will get a sponsor. I have the will and i will make it work somehow or some way I am determined and I did name my disease it's called empty, because I feel when I drink just empty and get into bad situations and bad things happen including not feeling good. I love waking up in the morning and feeling great and ready to start my day. Most of all i love seeing my kids happy and alcohol doesn't make us happy. Thank you all for the support love and guidance you are all a true blessing.

Posted: August 1, 2013, 12:12 AM
Thanks for sharing. Glad I got to read before bedtime. When one of our own has a good day, it makes the heart sing, ya know? Blessings to you~K

Posted: August 1, 2013, 5:29 AM
Good Morning Annaneko

Great to see such a positive response by you. This program will give your life back to you and your loved ones. Just keep making the right choices and doing the next right thing. I wish you a wonderful day! Keep us informed of your progress. It is sooooooo encouraging to see a miracle happening.

E.

--------------------

Posted: August 1, 2013, 11:12 AM
Hi Good to see that you are beginning on the journey of recovery...Keep at it and you will discover that miracles do indeed happen... sending you support and encouragement.

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need

Posted: August 1, 2013, 11:47 PM
husband got himself some beer at the store and normally a bottle of wine would follow for me but instead I got all the things I would love to make for dinner. One of my passions is cooking, so not why not replace wanting to drink with wanting to do something I really enjoy doing and something that keeps my mind positive. Although the thought of a glass of wine crossed my mind I was aware of it and just thought of something else. Work was ruff, a lot of challenges there but i'm looking forward to reconnecting with my godmother I have not seen in more than 10 years tomorrow. I am over joyed that I can meet her sober. Today may have been a struggle but I made it with out drinking. Tomorrow is a new day and I will take it with prayer and with all the positive messages you all leave me. Thank you.

Posted: August 1, 2013, 11:48 PM
Karraster when your heart sings I say another prayer to keep me strong to make this journey. Thanks for all of you walking with me. It feels good to be supported, thank you seriously it matters more than you all know.

Posted: August 2, 2013, 10:09 AM
Hi Annaneko

Glad to see that you had a good sober day yesterday. Not drinking and working your AA program hsa all kinds of nice rewards. And they keep getting better. Read page 83 and 84 of the Big Book. They make some great promises and I KNOW that they come true.

Have a wonderful sober weekend!

E

--------------------

Posted: August 3, 2013, 1:48 AM
doing well had a extremely long day. Got invited to go out and drink and decided to pass it up to hang out with my family even got to see a family member i have not seeing for more than ten years. I have to say it felt great. I find myself more tired than usual though and just want to sleep, think it had to do with depression and also the emotions that I now have to feel in which i would have other wised stuffed away or drank away, feeling blessed and grateful for making it another day sober.
post replypost new topic