< prev  next >  post replypost new topic
Trying Hard 2 Again

Posted: June 16, 2015, 6:36 PM
Hey Shell
Just imagine your children without mummy!
Life or death girl.. That's your motivation!!!

Keep going..
Mike

This post has been edited by mikethemight on June 16, 2015, 6:36 PM

Posted: June 16, 2015, 7:50 PM
I know. When your feeling kind of weak it doesn't seem like a big deal to just take pills. what happened? are you ok? you know where to find me if you want to. I think a councillor is an excellent idea. I have one lined up too. I wish I had 1 big idea that never fails, but I don't know if there is one. I worry about what to do in the future too. I hope ur ok.

--------------------
'considerate people don't trash bars'
Jost Sauer - Rebels Guide to Recovery

Posted: June 17, 2015, 8:52 AM
Hey tryinghard , hope your doing ok since hubby left . Sending you big hugs xxx

Posted: June 17, 2015, 11:01 PM
Hi Mike, Almost and Millie, im still on track! I guess i shouldnt think to far ahead hey, just makes you feel worse...so for now day to day...Hope your doing well still Mike! Your an inspiration to me, cause i know how hard you struggled...I hope your having better Saturdays☺..Millie i miss my hubby, but we txt and talk everyday so that helps...and my kids keep me very busy...im having a lot of headaches lately which in trying not to take anything for...sometimes they are unbareable and i have to...but its all codeine free...3 aspros seems to help a little....ive decided to talk to my doctor about my meds..the ones im taking seem to make me a little sluggish..im noticing this more and more since coming off N+..im hoping she can put me on something else for now...i long for the day i can be med free...but for now its just not an option!!! I hope you guys are all travellling well...but for now i must go..so laterz

Posted: June 18, 2015, 2:13 AM
Good on ya TH2, it sounds like you're keeping your chin up and your chest out. I find that when I remember to drink as much water as I can the headaches stay away after awhile. I just try to always have a glass or bottle nearby and just sip it all day. It works once you're hydrated properly again. But yeah every now and then one will break through (usually after I forget about water for a while) and I'll drop a couple panadol and nurofen, same same, no codeine. I just want to say again that you are inspiring me when I am doing it rough. So thankyou. very much.

--------------------

Posted: June 18, 2015, 6:28 PM
Its hard drinking water when its cold..lol..but i know your right...but like you im prone to forget...i feel great this morning...my god...i feel great..ha...who would have thought id ever say that agian....its miserable and raining and ive got tafe today...but i feel great...13 days....but whos counting...lol..6 sleeps till hubbys home...were on the down hill now...geez i miss him...anyway gotta fly...laterz

Posted: June 18, 2015, 6:32 PM
that is literally the coolest thing I have ever heard ;)

--------------------

Posted: June 20, 2015, 4:10 AM
Lol....i find that hard to believe...hey its 2 weeks today!!! Longest ive ever gone...no turning back...and can i say that im still feeling great...i hope its here to stay...cause i like it...not feelin like sitting round or sleeping...i actually feel like doing stuff...which is fab!!! My goodness..finally!!!! But im still airing on the side of caution...i can cave at any moment i know this....pills are my weakness!!!! I will always be cautious...but for now ill feel blessed to have great friends here who have helped me in my journey!!! Thanks guys..

Posted: June 20, 2015, 5:08 AM
Go and have the best bloody day ever ..... You so deserve it !!!! Xxxx

Posted: June 20, 2015, 1:02 PM
Hey Trying2hard ..... two weeks ...... great job ......... you should be very proud of yourself ... well done - keep up the winning ways........

Posted: June 20, 2015, 9:39 PM
TryingToHard,

You inspire me with your struggle. You have been and are actively addicted, but you are actively seeking help. I'm sure some days you wake up dope sick and 4 or 5 tabs fixes you up; throughout a decent part of they day. Sometimes when u feel good you feel u don't feel like quitting. I, Professor Browndog, have analyzed myriads of quantitative and qualitative studies of addiction, which come to the following conclusion: We like to get high, most of the time.

Also, we don't like thaat

--------------------
No matter what right you did or what wrong you didn't do: When you're the black sheep, all blame belongs to you

Posted: June 20, 2015, 11:36 PM
Hi Browndog! Spot on..sometimes i just loved getting high! And sometimes i just didnt want to quit...yep im an active addict..i always will be...but im getting help to learn how to help myself! Do i think id like to have some pills for old times sake? Hell yeah, give me that high feeling i come to love so much!! Am i going to do that? Hell NO!!!! That feeling isnt worth the anguish and pain i will feel after that 5 minitue high is gone!!!! Am i struggling with this? Everyday! Can i over come these thoughts? Probably not for a very long time...Will i win? I hope so!! But there is one thing i do know! Im gunna keep fighting the good.fight! I want this more than ever..my kids need their mother more than their mother needs them pills.....Im an addict trying to be free!!!

Posted: June 25, 2015, 7:26 PM
Im a old timer here--been checking back to see how your doing--I don't no why I find you so compelling to see your posts ,,but I do ..hope your still sober. Its been 5 days since you posted--worried.poopie>> if not that's ok---someone who cares.

--------------------
just remember we are here to hold your hand..

Posted: June 27, 2015, 3:37 AM
Hey trying hard ,

Hope your just busy enjoying life !! I always worry when things go quiet ... Hope your ok my friend 💜💜💜💜

Posted: June 29, 2015, 1:20 AM
Hi everyone, thanks for your thoughts!!! i have slipped up! I have even been having them while hubbys been home!! Not cool hey, well hubbys gone back to work again now..hopefully i can get back on track tomorrow! My biggest hurdle is how do i stay stopped...Cravings are a killer for me!! I dont know how to fight the voice in my head! Shes one tough b****.
Im praying that the wds are not so rough, but im also praying that they are! If im having a hard time with them, then i wont be with the cravings! Geez, i was doing so well, and i knew i had to be carefull, clearly i wasnt careful enough! Anyway tomoz is a new day! I will try hard 2 again..i just need somewhere to put my cravings! Anyone got any ideas?

Posted: June 29, 2015, 2:27 AM
Hey trying hard ,

Sometimes I think it's harder to stay away from the pills when you feeling ok and things are going smoothly .

I know for me when I messed up the taper .., everything was well , I was going on holiday for god sake !!!!

I'm on day 15 today ...I haven't had the ' great day ' yet but I also haven't been really tempted to go get pills . I know I have to go through this to get my life back and I took Ts advise in that I try to just think that the pills are just not an option anymore .

I've also stayed clear of everything else other than stuff from the health store cos I know anything that really makes me feel better for a short time ( like a drink ) will only bring me crashing down further .

You've got guts girl !!! You keep coming back and that's all you can do . I'll be thinking about you and willing you to get through this .

Love
Millie xxx

Posted: June 29, 2015, 2:37 AM
You know what really helps me is the fact that I told a few important people close to me that I was stopping and that it was always my choice to take stuff. That way when I think about starting again, I think about having to tell them about it. I imagine them saying, 'but you said you could stop whenever you want'

I don't know if that's f***ed up or not. It's kind of a head game I play with myself, using my pride against, well, me...

Obviously that won't work for everyone but it satisfies my need to be in control. I tried it with ciggies a bunch of times but failed miserably.

I reckon the important thing is that you are dead keen to stop. I mean, your determination is dead set inspirational. You just keep dusting yourself off and getting back in there. I have no doubts you will work it out.

--------------------

Posted: June 29, 2015, 1:49 PM
Hey Tryingtohard - welcome back - thanks for your honesty - you slipped up, ok but you want to keep trying, that requires real courage, well done- you need to make some changes, obviously whatever you are trying aint working for you, perhaps you need more support. i understand the cravings bit, i suffered really badly with them when i quit drinking- i took the advice of a friend who has been sober for years- recognise the cravings for what they are, it's your disease speaking to you, tempting you, so i would tell it to f....k o.f - no argument, you never win an argument with yourself, name it for what it is and tell it where to go, find something to occupy you both physically and mentally (most important) when you are hanging around without anything to occupy your mind your disease (voice) will fill the void.
so it's day one tomorrow- fresh start, forget about what happened the last times, take the good bits and throw away the rest- positive affirmations, no room for your disease, you can beat this, once and for all - no more b..ls..t this is your time, do it for you- you deserve to be clean from this c..p, you have paid your dues, time to get clean- stay really strong and positive - all the best - keep posting -

Posted: June 29, 2015, 7:02 PM
I stay clean/sober by attending NA/AA meetings regularly.

I couldn't "Stay Quit" without them (like millions of other addict/alcoholics of my type).

I wish you the best.

Bob R.

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)

Posted: July 1, 2015, 5:32 PM
so sorry for your relapse we all have them----hang in there angel. Still looking. Smile-poopie

--------------------
just remember we are here to hold your hand..
post replypost new topic