< prev  post replypost new topic
Suboxone As A Pain Killer??
Kim

Posted: July 23, 2014, 12:10 PM
I have a daughter who has been out if rehab for heroin and Percocet has been sober for 200 days. She has Ruemetoid arthritis bad. Could a doctor put her on suboxon for pain???

Posted: August 21, 2014, 1:30 AM
Subutex and Suboxone (buprenorphine) is most definitely a pain killer. It has been used as such in Europe and the UK under the name of Temgesic for years. It does not produce the high and the crave that pure opiate agonists do. That is why one can remain on a stable dose for years at a time without having to increase the dose to receive the ongoing benefit. It is now being studied extensively for those with chronic pain and results for pain control and improved quality of life are very impressive. Buprenorphine has also been found to have antidepressant qualities which help to alleviate the depression related to chronic pain. To get more info on this topic go to PubMed.gov. There have been quite a few papers written by pain doctors on this subject.

Posted: August 27, 2014, 4:03 PM
In my experience Suboxone can help with pain, but it's by no means in the same class as other opiate pain killers.

Also, your tolerance tends to get drastically higher in no time while on Sub, so I think it has limited (but possibly helpful in some unique cases) potential to treat most chronic pain conditions.
Belle

Posted: November 11, 2014, 8:02 PM
I was taking 10 mg percacet and abusing it because of pain. But, now my doctor has prescribed suboxone and I am on day 6 of it and so far I do like it. I am so thankful for the way I feel right now. I just hope that when it snows that the pain control will still be in control.
cat

Posted: February 6, 2015, 8:43 PM
suboxone contains buprenephrine , which is can be used to treat moderate to server pain . I've been having it prescribed for several years know along with methadone and a few other things . Works great for me but I recently moved and am having a hard time in finding a doctor to give it to me , which is odd , its only a schedule 3 narcotic . Be careful though cause a lot of doctors seem to put subutex(buprenephrine) and suboxone in the same category..... except the suboxone contains anxalone in with the buprenephrine , which Ian opiate blocker ...... so it makes them 2 very different meds if your in pain management taking other narcotics . The anxalone taken a narcotic can put you into instinct detox . If you have any questions in regards to subutex,suboxone taking it for pain management , please ask ..... I've acquired a good bit of knowledge over the years. and especially on laws how it can be written. A lot of physicians will tell you they need a special licence to write such a script .... which is not true ; if a pain doctor is w ritting for that , PAIN , the do not need to be licensed ; its considered to be a off label prescription. and if they do have a license to write it and the write it for pain purposes IT DOES NOT COUNT AGAINST THERE PATIENT LIMIT PER STATE LAW ....
cat

Posted: February 6, 2015, 8:46 PM
I have to make something clear from above post .... I've been being prescribed subutex , not suboxone ....sorry didn't make it clear
jaclyn458

Posted: February 24, 2015, 11:55 PM

I was addicted to opiates and had been on Suboxone like 2 years. I had started on 6 mg and they slowly lowered into 4 mg a day. The majority of doctors that prescribe Suboxone do not want you to gradually and eventually quit. You are right people taking painkillers can never be drug free. Now I am under treatment in an established Addiction Treatment Center
( http://www.bellwood.ca/drug-addiction/ ) to recover instead of using this kind of miracle drug .The treatment is helping me out.

Posted: February 25, 2015, 12:10 AM
I went to Brentwood in Windsor, ON in 1989.

That got me off on the right foot and straight into AA/NA.

All the best.

Bob R

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)
Joanne

Posted: March 25, 2015, 12:53 PM
I need help on finding a doctor who will understand that I am a addict who has been living with ongoing serious diagnosed back and neck problems, i was getting subutex through a program multiply times per week, it was out of town and i could not always make it there. so im looking for a doctor that can understand my situation and can perscribed me subutex because it is the only thing that i have found that helps me with my addiction and chronic pain.
toki

Posted: April 14, 2015, 7:06 PM
Yeah and also when you do suboxone you get itching problems like from hydrochodone or morphine or any other sorts of pain meds
post replypost new topic