< prev  next >  post replypost new topic
Synthetic Weed Help From God

Posted: April 28, 2013, 10:04 PM
just spent ages writing a post then lost it, it said I wasn't even logged on GRRR

Posted: April 29, 2013, 1:58 PM
home for quick lunch -wanted to add this.

I dont believe God 'manipulates' us at all. He gives us freedom of choice - which is our will. But I believe he is in all things because he is God. The earth, universe, and people were all created perfect. Its only through our decisions that we have the current state of things. I provided an example of what God 'could' be like in referring to him as 'like' energy. But he was there in the beginning presiding over everything before the big bang - So I want to make clear I do not believe he WAS the big bang.

In the end God will not force us to be with him if we dont 'want' or 'choose' to do so. He lets us have the choice. He doesnt necessarily consign us to hell, we choose that on our own by making the decision we do not need God or a saviour. We choose it by rejecting him.

Its like being offered a plea agreement to escape jail...and then blowing off the court date. The judge never wanted you to go to jail, but now must uphold the law.

Everything can be described by comparing it to something else. After all 'love' is just a chemical present in the brain. A snake's brain does not have this chemical and will subsequently not care for its young. A snake is incapable of 'love'. An apt representation of what adam and eve encountered in the garden...

I wonder if there is a connection between us putting 'chemicals' into our brains and feeling either more or less 'spiritual' in terms of love....Are we becoming more 'serpent like' by having depleted these chemicals? The devil's (serpent/snake) influence from drugs (chemicals) lying to us making us 'love' what will ultimately destroy us??

This post has been edited by DAC on April 29, 2013, 2:11 PM
Allison

Posted: April 29, 2013, 6:48 PM
I like your court analogy. I agree. Also, people seem to have a diluted idea of the definition of the word "judgement." They get so offended anytime anybody questions any kind of behavior or speaks out against anything. ALWAYS the scripture, "Judge not lest ye be judged" gets thrown in. Let me tell you, most of the time a christian says something, it is NOT judgment. Judgment is rendering a sentence. Judgment is saying, "You're going to hell." Or that someone is going to Heaven. When a christian speaks out against anything, that is more like lawyering. Apparently that isn't a word, but you know what I mean. It is being bold enough to tell someone exactly what the charge against them is BEFORE you get into court, so you have the opportunity to find a defense or rectify the situation.

That being said, the reason (I think) most people have such a hard time wrapping their minds around the idea that there is this gentle father-like loving God, but at the same time, in the same being lives an a****** quick to condemn you if you don't conform to every little thing He demands... If that is your logic, you completely misunderstand Him.

First of all, Hell was never ever ever ever ever designed for human beings. Hell was made for satin (I know I spelled his name wrong.. he doesn't deserve to have it spelled right, lol) and every angel he convinced to help him stage a coup against God or whatever the hell happened before we arrived in the picture. It was NOT ever meant for human beings... I have so much more to get to but Adam just got out of the shower and is leaving in less than an hour... hold that thought.
Allison

Posted: April 29, 2013, 7:57 PM
OK, where was I.. Hell was never designed for us. The reason the devil and/or forces of darkness hate us so much is because we flaunt in his face what he will never ever have and what he lost. He is angry. He is bitter. We were created in God's image. He loves us unconditionally. And we have the opportunity to join God where He lives and no one who gets into hell ever gets that opportunity again.

One needs to re-evaluate their position on the totem pole, so to speak. We are not entitled to get into Heaven just for having been born. Heaven is pristine and sacred and holy. God already lost one realm to disobedience, He isn't going to let that happen again, not in HIS house.

If you had a house that you built with your own two hands, painstakingly, and you live there and you maintain it and you are there all of the time, don't you have every right to say who gets to walk through your door and who doesn't? Are you going to allow some stranger whom you don't know with filthy clothes and a filthy attitude and filthy habits stroll in like they own the place?? Absolutely NOT. And neither will God. You HAVE to be holy to be where He is.

The love of God is demonstrated in the fact that even though it is HIS house, and we love to play in the dirt by nature, He INVITES us in!! He invites everyone! All He asks is that you show up clean, take off your shoes and respect and honor His son. That is NOT too much to ask!

You have to be holy. But it is impossible to do it on your own. Has anyone ever tried not to break one single commandment in one day? Good luck. It's impossible. You can't be holy without the holy spirit, and you can't receive that holy spirit without Jesus Christ. I am absolutely convinced of this. Not a speck of doubt. You cannot achieve holiness without true repentance. That is seeing your reflection in the mirror as God sees it, in absolute honesty, and realizing that you need Him to wash away the blemishes. That no matter how hard you scrub, they will always be there. You have to be willing to allow Him to "crucify your flesh." It takes a lot of humility and honesty. Once that happens, you would be amazed how much easier it is. There truly is a polarity shift that happens. You aren't interested an doing shallow things that only feed your flesh. You just aren't. You no longer have to just white knuckle it to the finish line. It comes a lot, I mean A LOT easier.

I know I have put some links to some videos up that some people if not everyone bristled a little bit about. I'm sorry, I probably shouldn't have done that. But the fear of going there is what makes me want to do whatever it takes to not go to hell, and I truly know with every fiber of my being how close I was to going. I have heard sermons about "streets of gold and mansions" and whatever else in Heaven. I have no interest in that. I don't care if I'm homeless. I just need to see Him. I need to be where He is. I WANT to be where He is and I want to be unashamed and unafraid to look Him in the eyes. But anyway, that's just where I was that day, that didn't mean I needed to cram it down anyone else's throat.

Posted: May 1, 2013, 12:33 AM
Hi, I've been reading the posts here and wonder if anyone had heard of or read A Course In Miracles? not Marianne Williamson or others who have written about it, but the actual book itself? After many years of searching I had found this book and once I started reading I knew it was written by Jesus, and he explains everything, the misperceptions made by the man who wrote the Bible ect ect...and while it is hard going it has given me the answers I need...

My favourite quote which begins Jesus' dictation to us reads...

Nothing real can be threatened
Nothing unreal exists
Herein lies the Peace of God

I recommend a look to anyone still seeking..

Posted: May 1, 2013, 10:37 AM
Mermaid, allison, sash,and josh

This thread has a particular appeal to those of us looking for the 'higher power' part of recovery. I enjoy these discussions and dont feel I am turning anyone off by discussing my belief in God here. Thanks to you all for sharing your beliefs as well.

I only got to see my younger daughters for about 20 minutes yesterday. All too typical for me during the Spring. But I get good hugs, enthusiastic talk, and I try and read them a story from an old book my great grandmother owned. It's the only thing I have of hers and it means a lot to me.

Anyway, the story we read last night was about Jesus in the garden, the night before he went to the cross. It talked of how distraught he was knowing he would have to take on the burden of sin, suffer a brief separation from God, and endure the physical torment at the hands of his roman executioners. Still he said " not thy will be done , but yours". Words we should all try and say every day, every hour, even every moment we have a temptation to fall back into our old ways.

I never looked at Jesus as a victim. He knew what awaited him and still went to that fate. The bible says he could have been delivered from the cross at any time of his choosing , and yet still he went. Not for himself. But for us. The very definition of courage. And that is what we must do with our lives to demonstrate our faith. Be courageous!

For myself, I dont think I have much of a will to change. But for my wife, kids, and family? I have a great desire to live a life that benefits them all. So when we take the focus off ourselves and place it on others ? We are following the example of Christ and are worthy of all he did on that fateful day. If we have it in our heart to do so , but fall short from time to time, we still are worthy of God's grace. Just as Jesus stumbled many times while physically carrying the cross, he kept getting up, kept moving forward. And when he could not carry it any longer? Someone helped carry it for him....

So lean on the support of others. Become determined that you can beat anything put in your way. And do it for others , which is where treasure in heaven is stored. In the end there is only one you wish to please. Only one to whom it will matter.....God.

So dont beat yourself up for your frailties, your past mistakes, or even your current lack of resolve. Just keep trying, remind yourself that your life matters A LOT to God. So much so, he would give up that which was most precious to him at the time. And know that once you have accepted Christ that there is nothing YOU can do to undo the work accomplished that day on the cross. You are not bigger than the one who gives you this gift. HIS promise is what you most focus on...not what we all feel about ourselves as being unworthy of this truly amazing gift.

For who will love God more? One who has been forgiven a few sins....or the one who has been forgiven many? I dont know the verse, but Jesus said those words.. Based on my life? I should have MUCH, MUCH love for him. And I need to show it!!

God Bless you all!!

This post has been edited by DAC on May 1, 2013, 10:53 AM
Concernedmama

Posted: May 1, 2013, 1:25 PM
Hey Dac,

It's Luke 7:47 -

Enjoying all the posts - lurker than I am.

CMama
Allison

Posted: May 1, 2013, 6:06 PM
How is your son doing, cmama?
Josh

Posted: May 1, 2013, 9:56 PM
Just so everyone's up to speed on my next post...

Many of the veterans on the Synthetic Weed forum have come together to compile a comprehensive "beginners guide" to all the lost souls out there trying to find their way out of this addiction. As many have noted, our support network has positively grown and continues to grow! But our daily chatter may be drowning out all of our original support information to newcomers, so we've all decided, (Specifically at DAC's direction and guidance) to start a new thread specifically on that topic. I'll go ahead and kick it off after I write my next post, but I feel the need to write an invocation before we get started, to ask The Lord to help guide us as we give help and support. I have a feeling that what we write in the next thread will touch many souls, so I want to make sure we get it right.
I've never seen this website blow up with this much help and support, it has to be for a reason. Let's get the Big Guy in this so we can make a difference.

And for anyone trying to Scam or Make a buck off of any of this: READ THE TERMS OF USE:

Except as otherwise permitted in writing by a Provider, no materials from this Site may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. You may download material displayed on this Site for non-commercial, personal use only.
Josh

Posted: May 1, 2013, 10:04 PM
Dear Lord,

Please help guide our hearts, minds and souls as we convene here to heal the wounded. As we have come to this site seeking guidance when all seemed lost, we found comfort, wisdom, love and companionship. Because of your Grace many of us here have been miraculously healed from the clutches of this demon. We ask that you guide our fingers as we write help and support to those in need, bringing them to your everlasting light. Please let us act as a guiding light to the lost, so they can be found, as we once were. For once I was lost, but now I am found.

Amen.

Josh

Posted: May 1, 2013, 10:05 PM
If anyone else wants to add anything please do! I'm new to this, I'm not usually a very openly religious person. But I felt moved to do so.

Allison

Posted: May 1, 2013, 10:14 PM
Amen.

And Father, please anoint these words to speak truth and healing to all who read, to "proclaim liberty to the captives and the opening of the prison to those who are bound." Let the words that pour forth pave the way to true freedom, for whom the Son sets free is free indeed.

Posted: May 2, 2013, 3:06 AM
Thanks Josh and Allison, perfect...

Posted: May 2, 2013, 8:19 AM
Gracious Heavenly Father

Thank you for both the opportunity to witness and the warmth in which it has been received. You bring storms into our lives for a reason. For some of us it was the only way to bring us to our knees...the place where we should have been all along. Forgive me father for putting a substance in your place all these years , when it should have been you that I turned to. Please, bless my efforts to spread this testimony of your healing power, along with those who have shown a willingness and dedication to do likewise. From small seeds, much fruit can be yielded. And from brokeness, a greater testimony can be given of your ever-loving patience and grace. Please bless the efforts that are done here in your name.

Amazing grace - how sweet the sound
that saved a wretch - like me
I once was lost , but now am found
was blind, but now I see...

In the name of your son , I ask this blessing

Amen
Allison

Posted: May 2, 2013, 9:43 PM
Let me know what happens with that bill, cmama. When are they supposed to vote on it, do you know? I guess I can look it up just as easily as you can.. haha

Posted: May 4, 2013, 1:01 AM
Dear God, help me through today...I know you are reaching out to help me, please grant me the willingness to accept, and your strenght to stay strong, amen.

Posted: May 4, 2013, 2:02 AM
God, just keep me here for another minute, another 3 actually, I caved, as you know, but I haven't been to the shop, and I won't, and if I get through the next two minutes, i'm safe for today, and we can start again tomorrow, just let them shut the doors and turn the lights out, and then I'm safe for today....my tears are easing now, and for tomorrow, please take my little willingness and expand it with your peace and love...I am safe, amen
Concernedmama

Posted: May 4, 2013, 9:54 AM
Hey Mermaid, so happy that you held strong - God does answer prayers. Keep reaching out to him. I'll be praying for you today - I will ask God to lift you up and keep your resolve strong - you can do this Mermaid. Don't beat yourself up too bad for caving. A lot of people on here have too but they still keep trying - that is the main thing.

Make a list of all the things that you have to be grateful for and then start thanking God for each one. This will take your mind off the 'other' for at least a little bit.

Take care today and know that you are loved by the Creator of the Universe :)

CMama

Posted: May 5, 2013, 4:06 PM
Just got thru posting a comment on a yahoo - something I rarely do. The story was about a high school relay team being disqualified and denied a chance at the state championships because when they won the anchor put his finger up by his ear and pointed to heaven. He was disqualified over the simple gesture that so many pro players demonstrate when giving God credit for a touchdown, a home run, etc.. Now THAT is so offensive to some that they have made rules to prohibit it. When reading the comments after the story, many posted agreeing with the decision and said he deserved it for bringing religion into a public event...on public ground...

You would have to explain to me how pointing a finger at the sky can unsettle people so much? Are they so insecure in their 'unbelief' that they must try and stifle and acknowlegement of God anytime ...anywhere? What's next? Will wearing a cross around your neck be considered hateful? Likened to a swasticka, because a certain element of the public feels ' hated' by what it represents? Is this not the absolute definition of 'intolerance'? The inability to respect others belief's even when they differ from your own?

Just pissed me off.....

How do I reconcile my language and attitude at times when so many believe it 'unchristian'?

2 Corinthian 10 3-5..translations may vary , but this is the gist of it - "we demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up againt the knowledge of God, and take captive every thought to make it obedient to God."

Remember, God does not condemn anger...he says be slow to anger. If defending ourselves, we are to be demure and forgiving. But when defending God? How did Jesus deal with the money changers that day at the temple on passover? Can tables be flipped over 'unangrily'. There is such a thing as righteous anger ...I know I may blur the line at times, but in spirit this is what I believe.

Remember David..Many, many mistakes did he commit - including adultry, covetness, and murder. Yet the bible says David had a 'heart for God'. I was always puzzled by how this made sense....but then I think of David's response to Goliath - one of the most famous stories in the bible. The scriptures say that Goliath walked before the army of Saul ( and God) and not only taunted, but disrespected God in the 'foulest of language'. He asked that one man meet him on the battlefield to settle the discussion - and both armies fates. No one, not even Saul himself had the courage to do so..But a boy - David was so incensed by Goliaths speech he took on the challenge. Armed with only a slingshot - no armour - almost certain to lose, he defended his God...and he won!

I like to think that in response to all the vile, filthy , disrespectful things being said of God for all to see, that David didnt walk out that day all calm ,cool , and collected....Something tells me he was pissed off...and under his breath before he threw that first stone he was saying ,"f*** you Goliath...laugh at this a******!"

And I believe God smiled...blessed his effort..and said "atta boy David - a boy/man after my own heart"..

Then again maybe not..but I like that version!

Posted: May 6, 2013, 5:44 AM
Just wanted to share one of my favourite lessons from ACIM, applies to me today..

Lesson 122
Forgiveness offers everything I want.

What could you want forgiveness cannot give? Do you want peace? Forgiveness offers it. Do you want happiness, a quiet mind, a certainty of purpose, and a sense of worth and beauty that transcends the world? Do you want care and safety, and the warmth of sure protection always? Do you want a quietness that cannot be disturbed, a gentleness that never can be hurt, a deep, abiding comfort, and a rest so perfect it can never be upset?

All this forgiveness offers you, and more. It sparkles on your eyes as you awake, and gives you joy with which to meet the day. It soothes your forehead while you sleep, and rests upon your eyelids so you see no dreams of fear and evil, malice and attack. And when you wake again, it offers you another day of happiness and peace. All this forgiveness offers you, and more.

Forgiveness lets the veil be lifted up that hides the face of Christ from those who look with unforgiving eyes upon the world. It lets you recognize the Son of God, and clears your memory of all dead thoughts so that remembrance of your Father can arise across the threshold of your mind. What would you want forgiveness cannot give? What gifts but these are worthy to be sought? What fancied value, trivial effect or transient promise, never to be kept, can hold more hope than what forgiveness brings?

Why would you seek an answer other than the answer that will answer everything? Here is the perfect answer, given to imperfect questions, meaningless requests, halfhearted willingness to hear, and less than halfway diligence and partial trust. Here is the answer! Seek for it no more. You will not find another one instead.

God's plan for your salvation cannot change, nor can it fail. Be thankful it remains exactly as He planned it. Changelessly it stands before you like an open door, with warmth and welcome calling from beyond the doorway, bidding you to enter in and make yourself at home, where you belong.

Here is the answer! Would you stand outside while all of Heaven waits for you within? Forgive and be forgiven. As you give you will receive. There is no plan but this for the salvation of the Son of God. Let us today rejoice that this is so, for here we have an answer, clear and plain, beyond deceit in its simplicity. All the complexities the world has spun of fragile cobwebs disappear before the power and the majesty of this extremely simple statement of the truth.

Here is the answer! Do not turn away in aimless wandering again. Accept salvation now. It is the gift of God, and not the world. The world can give no gifts of any value to a mind that has received what God has given as its own. God wills salvation be received today, and that the intricacies of your dreams no longer hide their nothingness from you.

Open your eyes today and look upon a happy world of safety and of peace. Forgiveness is the means by which it comes to take the place of hell. In quietness it rises up to greet your open eyes, and fill your heart with deep tranquility as ancient truths, forever newly born, arise in your awareness. What you will remember then can never be described. Yet your forgiveness offers it to you.

Remembering the gifts forgiveness gives, we undertake our practicing today with hope and faith that this will be the day salvation will be ours. Earnestly and gladly will we seek for it today, aware we hold the key within our hands, accepting Heaven's answer to the hell we made, but where we would remain no more.

Morning and evening do we gladly give a quarter of an hour to the search in which the end of hell is guaranteed. Begin in hopefulness, for we have reached the turning point at which the road becomes far easier. And now the way is short that yet we travel. We are close indeed to the appointed ending of the dream.

Sink into happiness as you begin these practice periods, for they hold out the sure rewards of questions answered and what your acceptance of the answer brings. Today it will be given you to feel the peace forgiveness offers, and the joy the lifting of the veil holds out to you.

Before the light you will receive today the world will fade until it disappears, and you will see another world arise you have no words to picture. Now we walk directly into light, and we receive the gifts that have been held in store for us since time began, kept waiting for today.

Forgiveness offers everything you want. Today all things you want are given you. Let not your gifts recede throughout the day, as you return again to meet a world of shifting change and bleak appearances. Retain your gifts in clear awareness as you see the changeless in the heart of change; the light of truth behind appearances.

Be tempted not to let your gifts slip by and drift into forgetfulness, but hold them firmly in your mind by your attempts to think of them at least a minute as each quarter of an hour passes by. Remind yourself how precious are these gifts with this reminder, which has power to hold your gifts in your awareness through the day:

Forgiveness offers everything I want.
Today I have accepted this as true.
Today I have received the gifts of God.
post replypost new topic