post replypost new topic
Have To Stop Methdone For 72hrs To Go On Suboxone

Posted: April 15, 2012, 10:26 PM
ive been on methedone for 9yrs at 120mg i started detoxing in jan 2012 10mg every 3wks im down to 60mg ive met several people that have had success stores finishing there methedone detox with suboxone i went to a dr that dose the transaction from done to suboxone he dosent keep you on the suboxone but for a few months then he tappers you off that im tired of having this addiction to the done i have to go eveyday i have to arange everything i do around making sure i have my done so im ready to get off and live life i want to get up and not worry about taking something just to make it through the day.Today is sunday i took my last 60mg dose of methedone at 12pm now i have to go 72 hrs without then i go to the dr to get on suboxone wenesday at 330 im scared to death ive tried so many times going withouy the done but couldnt do it onetime about 5yrs ago i went to a dr told him i had been on methedone for at 120mg for 3yrs he gives me a script for suboxone i got it filled the next day 30 min after i was in severe withdrawels i called 911 was took to hospital they treated me like a junkie they told me i was on to high dose of done and i had to be in withdrawels from methedone before the suboxone.So im scared to death the dr and several of his patinets say they were on 60 mg went 72hrs without the done and started the suboxone with no problems but after that happen to me 5yrs ago i know how it feels if you mix the two im praying my does is low enough and 72hrs is gonna be long enough without the methedone.please anyone tats been through give me info and please pray for me i have phenegan to take for nausea and 5mg valums if i need them.a scared person but i want my life bck

Posted: April 15, 2012, 11:44 PM
Ive BEEN ON MDONE FOR OVER 20yrs - -I just went thru an ugly situation where I couldn't drink for 4 days- (its a long story, Ill share it soon Enuf)

It really gets difficult at about 70 hours- but hang tough, you have the knowledge knowing that relief is on the way when you switch over

muchlove'
jack
also on 120- dont worry-- so much is built up in ya thru the yrs- you wont even feel different until 48 -58 hours pass- then youll start feeling uncomfortable- - but not in full wd

This post has been edited by jackofhartzz on April 15, 2012, 11:47 PM

--------------------
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."
— Hunter S. Thompson[COLOR=blue]

Posted: April 16, 2012, 1:46 PM
Hello sherry, i am on 150 mg of methadone now for 10 yrs , i just want to say that you are very brave and i really admire you for what your doing, i have thought about doing the same thing but im just not 100% ready yet, to be honest im scared. do you go to a clinic or a private dr.?i go to a clinic and from what i heard they wean you down to 30 mgs of done then you go 72 hrs with nothing then they start the suboxone, i was just wondering cuz you said you went down to 60mgs before you switch over.i wish i could give u some info. about how it is to switch over but i only know what people have told me, some have had good experiences some not so good, i guess it just depends on the person, well i wish you the best and hope you have a smooth transition and please keep us posted , best of luck.

Posted: April 19, 2012, 8:26 AM
Wanted to add my clinic won't do a methadone / sub switch untill your detoxed down 30mg or less. I guess every place is diffrent. I'm currently in my own detox going down 3mg every 2 weeks.

--------------------

The junk merchant doesn't sell his product to the consumer, he sells the consumer to the product. He does not improve and simplify his merchandise. He degrades and simplifies the client.

Posted: May 9, 2012, 6:02 AM
How is it goin with your self detox ZG ?- - Knowing it wasn't really your idea , but because of $$$ issues and transportation problems you really had to make a tough decision-
Just wondering as I looked around the board how it was going- -Hope its still going OK-

Remember In many cases we’re not trying to get back to a golden age in our lives, but trying to build lives for the first time.
Methadone is still (IMO) the best evidence-based treatment in helping people recover. We may be less visible, but there are thousands of us thriving on methadone – many lead productive and satisfying lives. I know like me you feel sometimes feel like you,ll never feel really right, and many of us dont (not to scare ya)- but with the proper counseling and support you,ll be OK-

I hope like hell, that you can do this- it seems like you have some support (much of it outside your own home)- but support none-the less

One other thing Ive learned is > I know many people who detoxed from mdone , one of the main things is that it takes is time to evolve from within , its not necessarily the dose. I've seen people detox off easier than others from a higher dose ... so... maybe it's about a fundamental problem, in the soul, a problem that opiates come to relieve a deeper issue then we even know-- we need to go there,...kinda like working it from the inside out-

I'm certainly no shrink, but I know deep,buried issues make coming off opiates easier if they are dealt with 1st-
Many people detox just to be free of methadone thinking that it is the problem for all that is going wrong- When in fact its the medicine that is keeping you together, its the buried issues of your life that is the reason you cant get that" normal" feeling

wonderingHOWyourDOIN?
JACK

--------------------
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."
— Hunter S. Thompson[COLOR=blue]
post replypost new topic