post replypost new topic
Need Help With Kicking.....lortab 10/500

Posted: June 28, 2013, 1:27 PM
I remember that I somehow thought if I took this pill, once a day it would help me with not taking a drink.....so essentialy I was looking for something to help me with my drinking, so I figuire I would be afraid to mix this pill with a few beers becuase it could land me in the ER, or so I thought, this could be dangerous....so by virtue of scaring myself into not drinking, which has worked to a certain extent....I am now dependent on this nasty pill....I take 1 or 1.5 pills a day, no more so its really not a super issue that I may OD on it, but it hooked me to the point of "IT" being all I think about before I go to bed and when I wake up in the AM is the first I do to get my days started, take one 10/500 LORTAB for breakfast.....I like the feeling but I am afraid that I am and will be needing to inscrase my dosage as it has the become less affective, or I am not feeling the HIGH as I used to anymore.....I am scared cuase now I also take .50 Xanax to reduce the anxiety associated with wanting more and not doing so.....Im aty dead end and need directions as to what are the first steps to take in order to get myself off this little nightamre that I have gotten myself into. Granted, I dont drink as much anymore...... a few cocktails here and there....like twice a a month and when I drink I dont take the pill before I do so, and If do take it its very earlyt in the AM and by 6 or 7pm the effects would have subsided and the alcohol would not mix with it and be an issue, or so I think. I have been on this train now for about 6 months and want off at the next station.

Any ideas that can help me or your feedback would be greatly apprciated. Thanks in advanace and God Bless.

This post has been edited by hery1966 on June 28, 2013, 1:32 PM

Posted: June 30, 2013, 10:08 AM
Hello and welcome! I am new at recovery myself I am on day 56 off of a 3 yr percocet addiction. I can't really offer too much in the way of advice because I am so new in my recovery, however I will say this...Stop now only 6 months in and only taking 1- 1 1/2 a day your dose is so low you should experience very minimal w/d symptoms. The longer you wait and the more you take the worse it will get. Also you mentioned you started taking pills to help you stop drinking...that is just swapping one addiction for another...you need to address your alcohol addiction as well as the pill addiction. I have not went to meetings but I strongly suggest that you look into your local Na or AA it could be your saving grace and it could hold all the answers you seek to make you successful in recovery. Thank you for sharing and seek the advice of the older members on here. Some have significant clean time and may be able to advise you more so than I can at this point. Good luck to you I wish you the best!
Sodone

Posted: July 1, 2013, 9:12 AM
benzo's scare the bejebus out of me. oh sorry, welcome to the board. You are in great company. So? for some one so new to recovery that was decent advice. Sadly this isn't my first rodeo and feel like the clown. NA or AA sound like a great step to start at. There are some seasoned addicts on here, meaning, have a bit of clean time under their belt and perhaps could offer some great words of their wisdom. I love these people. they don't say what you want to hear, they say what you need to hear. I would get pissed because of it and sulk then I realize sometimes tough love is what you need. no room for kid gloves in recovery. From the sounds of it you are flirting with some pretty damaging thoughts. Stop now before you end up where most addicts do.....jails, institutions or death.

love and hugs
Heath

--------------------
You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might just find you get what you need :-)

Posted: July 1, 2013, 9:42 AM
Welcome! You have found a great place for support. You will have to want to free of the chains you have. If you under a doctors care I would speek to them first cause coming off benzos can be very dangerous! You will need to find a face to face support group to help you along the way. Stop before it get worse.
post replypost new topic