< prev  post replypost new topic
Nurofen Plus Addict

Posted: November 11, 2014, 8:26 AM
Do you have a good support network? Don't try to do this alone.

Posted: November 12, 2014, 11:13 AM
I hear you regarding support Jess. No one knows about my addiction except for you guys and my GP (who was seriously hopeless). What stops me from telling my husband and family is the shame I feel. I'm not sure if my husband suspected, as there was always a nurofen pack in my bag constantly, so who knows.

Posted: November 13, 2014, 8:48 AM
Well this is just a suggestion, you have to get honest with yourself. I hope you tell on yourself. It will feel like a big weight comes off of you. No one wants to out their dirty little secret. But it has to be done. You will have to want to be clean more then you want to be high. If you want it you have to take action, action, and more action. You can die from this disease or die with the disease. Baby steps are going to set you free from the shame and guilt. Keep in mind you might always like what you hear here, but some of it you need to hear. We deal with addiction and these words just might save your life. Take what you want and leave the rest.

Posted: November 14, 2014, 8:45 PM
Thanks Jess, your words really resonated with me. I promise to think on it and hopefully get the courage to tell on myself. I know in truth that this is what I need to do, but it's going to be really tough.

Posted: November 14, 2014, 10:06 PM
I know it's hard to tell on yourself for fear of judgement or rejection. I can tell u I have told half a dozen people about what I am going through........all reactions to this news have been more then positive.......many of them already new something was wrong because I did look sick.......first there is the shock when I told them but that was only due to the amount I took and for how long I had been doing it........then nothing but support. I certainly made sure I told people I trusted.......not just anyone. it's so important to have a network of people around you that you trust to help u through this time.......

Stay strong.

Posted: November 15, 2014, 5:30 AM
Thanks for the supportive words Bec x

Posted: November 15, 2014, 6:52 PM
Day 1 of admitting I'm an addict I've been taking N+ for around 7 years.. It's gone from around 6 a day to 30 to 40.. I've been in and out of hospital over the last 3 years all down to N+.. I've been reading other post and realise I'm not alone with this and other people are going through the same.. I really don't know how to go about coming of this horrible addiction can anyone give me any advice it's time I got my life back it controls me from the minute I wake in the morning..

Posted: November 17, 2014, 3:02 AM
Hi Junior, I've replied to your other post.

Feeling blah yesterday and today. Quite a bit going on emotionally, feeling quite stressed and I just want a reprieve from feeling it ALL THE TIME.

I'm sure you can all relate.

Posted: November 17, 2014, 5:34 AM
I can totally understand where your coming from when u say u just want a break from dealing with it all the time........I still get many moments like that......I know though the only thing I am going to end up breaking is my body and sole if I reach for the pills......just one time so I can have a break for me will only lead me to an early grave.......I tried doing just one time two months out of hospital last year and look were that got me.......back on death row.......hope I didn't sound to harsh......just telling it like it is.....your doing great Ellen.......hang in there with me

Posted: November 17, 2014, 10:04 AM
Never give up!
post replypost new topic