< prev  post replypost new topic
Nurse Addict

Posted: December 8, 2012, 7:50 PM
Glad to read you finally jumped off, Nurse. Keep trudging, even when it feels like you just can't do it, do it.

xoxo
Stacey

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.

Posted: December 10, 2012, 2:09 PM
NURSE82

I have been EXACTLY where you are. I would love to share some advice with you that I wish I would have had when I was in your position. I would prefer not to post on a message board.

my email is funforme75070@yahoo.com

Posted: December 10, 2012, 8:29 PM
I am at day 8 and shocked that i still ache, RLS, sneeze and have insomnia. Mostly mild except insomnia. When should i expect a good 5 hours straight?

Posted: December 11, 2012, 5:19 AM
KEEP COMING BACK!!!!!!

Posted: December 11, 2012, 10:43 AM
I hear where you are. Really I am at day 14 and just now starting to sleep better, first week I woke up every night, tossed turned, fretted, was full of self pity. Now last night I slept 6 hours straight through, i have cravings, sore, no appetite, full of shame and regret, but I am slowly feeling more normal.
You are detoxing, it takes real time to get that part out of your system. Take lots of baths, gentle exercise, and start talking to someone.
It does get better. I am 100 times better than last week. Today I will be one day better than yesterday,take it easy on yourself.
If you need more support, get it, you are worth it.
We all have been where you are
Keep coming back, whine, b****, cry out for help we will respond do whatever you need to do . I don't know you but I am rooting for you and each day I read something from you I admire your courage
Keep up the work, recovery is work, keep coming back
Leslie

Posted: December 11, 2012, 12:10 PM
First decent sleep for me was on day 10. You are almost there.

--------------------
"You miss 100% of the shots you never take."

Posted: December 11, 2012, 1:08 PM
I'm glad I decided to check in today..been thinking about you nurse, ever since I posted to you back in the first part of your thread.

As I read down, I see all the things that addicts do. Denial, I'm stronger than this, I'm different, I'm unique. One poster even said he didn't want to call you an addict because it sounded so permanent. It is. Permanent. You are an addict for life. Up to you if you want to be an addict in recovery. But addict you remain. You no longer have the luxury of taking narcotics safely or being around them at work or in another person's home. What I see now? Is someone who is truly trying and yes, be proud of yourself..it's huge that you've made it this far. You mentioned something about a buddy who was helping you with the taper? Is this same buddy helping you with recovery?

I'm sorry that you feel some have been negative or busting your balls..we are because we care. Because we've all been where you are now. Some worse, some better. But the end result is all that matters. So, however you get there, get there.

I've been here a very long time. Almost as long as this board's conception and I've seen so many come and go. I hope you stay. You'll never realize just how much your story may help someone else.

Hope that today is a better day. Hang in there..don't quit before the miracle can happen.

You're my hero today....

--------------------
I used Drugs to forget, I got clean to remember.

Posted: December 18, 2012, 8:19 AM
Dear nurse,
Wondering how you are doing. Please let us know whether good or bad. We are here for you unconditionally.

Posted: December 18, 2012, 6:23 PM
Sorry i havent logged on to post but i do read from my cell every day. So i am day 16 and still feeling waves of RLS, sneezing, anxiety and max sleep is 4-6 hours in interval of an 8 hour attempt. I was military and am dealing a bit better with insomnia knowing it could be worse and my bed could be a lot less comforting. I am wondering if my relationship with bf will last. I am no longer amused by him and feel emotionally numb. I think pills caused/helped me maintain and deal but now after marinating and observing him i am getting a gut instinct that he is and has been draining me...guess that is a whole other post. I am proud to be at day 16 and hope to be getting that fire/motivation/cleverness back SOON?

Posted: December 19, 2012, 11:44 AM
Hi Nurse....congrats to you! 16 days is amazing. Part of being addicted means looking for instant gratification, you didn't become addicted in 16 days so it will take in my opinion at least the amount of time you were using to feel great again, provided you do something to maintain. Your brain needs to heal, you altered its chemistry, but everyone is different. Quitting as they say is the easy part 😉 staying that way is the key.

Perhaps some private addiction counseling may be key here. I understand wanting to keep your addiction private but seeking out some help will really help in keeping you clean and moving forward. "Secrets keep you sick" I wouldn't make any rash decisions regarding anything life altering during the period that cleaning out. I myself couldn't be around any narcotics whatsoever while healing - my addict brain would be screaming at me!! I have been around someone that I knew was on high powered meds and I'm not gonna lie I felt a few twinges, luckily I DO have a support system, but it took me a long time to figure out that I really needed one.

I come from a very long line of alcoholics and addicts so I have to protect my sobriety with everything in me!! Keep coming back here, you have received some excellent advice from amazing and caring people.

Way to go........

--------------------
LIVE....LAUGH...LOVE...LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW!!!!

Posted: December 21, 2012, 12:05 PM
DAY 19!!! I am feeling better and better each day and adjusting to the 5-6 hours of sleep. Luckily i dont feel tired when i wake up...really i feel the most anxiety upon awakening :-/ so getting up and starting my day is better than laying in bed. Hoping the mild anxiety passes soon and i will at least get 8 hours of sleep on my days off. As far as cravings go the thought makes me feel ill but i know that may pass. Some perks, i am no longer bloated and my skin has a glow and i dont cough and have chest congestion in the morning likei did before quitting...guess it makes sense since opiates also suppress cough and decreases respirations.

Posted: January 22, 2017, 2:38 AM
We have a group on www.nurseboards.com that is just for nurses who are facing disciplinary action by the board of nursing. It's free to join and you can speak to others who are experiencing similar situations. Join us now! The group is private, so you must request membership by first registering with the site then go to the group "Nurses facing disciplinary action by the board" and hit the button that say "request membership" Approval is usually within the hour. To register visit us here www.nurseboards.com/register/ We look forward to meeting you
post replypost new topic