< prev  post replypost new topic
E! Investigates "addicted To Pills"

Posted: April 7, 2010, 10:01 PM
I've read all about PAWS, but I don't fully understand it. I get the depression part of it (I think that is part of it) and I certainly had that but as far as the rest... not sure if I've really experienced it

This post has been edited by RKT on April 7, 2010, 10:04 PM

--------------------
Me & Rob.......(bad pic but it's treasure to me)
user posted image

Faith, Hope, And, Love And The Greatest Of These is Love......

xoxoxo
Rhonda

Posted: April 13, 2010, 9:45 AM
E showed it like a commercial for the The Waismann Method, but later the addiction experts recommended against it . That you go in and 3 days later and short $20,000 you are free of opiates. I have seen two different people go thru this (The Waismann Method) method one was the E story and another show I think called "Addicted to Pills" The E story shows a young woman in her mid 20's a Mother and the other a young Man about the same age. You can tell both of these stories are both really what I call "controlled" by these people doing it. They want you to think that you can come in spend 20K and 3-4 days later be Opiate free and just tired. They won't even discuss any possible problems and word is there are deaths that can be linked to these rapid detox methods. Later on E the experts said this method was not the best way of getting clean as it did nothing to address the causes of addiction anyway. Now that I read here what Tim has said I would say stay away from these people. They have a web site that promises "The Highest success rate in the industry" . Compared to what ? These people promise the world and all of their patients have been shown under their strict control. I am in no way an expert on anything , but I'd stay away from these people. The other time I saw this method was the series that CNN ran last week on the problems of RX addiction. It was on their am show a few mornings.

This post has been edited by Agent Guy on April 13, 2010, 11:18 AM

Posted: April 13, 2010, 11:49 AM
Now I understand Tina....I don't think I went through PAWS at anytime withdrawing, so like Tim said, it's subjective. I had the depression, but it didn't last more than a few days, not months and was more like just being disconnected more than anything. When I started a program, I got plugged in and those feelings went away.

You are so right...what is the long term effects of this drug (sub)? It's not been around for more than what, 10 years? Bad being on it for 5 1/2, gives some kind of indication, but how much like you said, is him, or the drug?

Very interesting.

--------------------
I used Drugs to forget, I got clean to remember.

Posted: April 14, 2010, 5:03 PM
it's on again 5 pm EST on E, which is right now

Posted: April 15, 2010, 8:54 AM
It's him Lisa...

One thing non existent really seems to be the depression which is so very strange and yet maybe makes a lot of sense .... as I smile cause really now the drugs being a problem...no way, never!

And the absence of that depression brings about a lot of questions....it is that what came first, the drugs or the depression.

I am sure there was never a time in his life that he was in a doctors being checked describing what he was feeling, totally honest with adding in that he used drugs...

This post has been edited by mistyeyes on April 15, 2010, 8:55 AM

--------------------
Well it sucks, now doesn't it? When you make your own bed and then have to lie in the filth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was a glitch due to system overload. Please stand by to find out what future you will design.

Posted: April 15, 2010, 12:57 PM
He's really lucky Tina...that seems to be what brings most right back down.

--------------------
I used Drugs to forget, I got clean to remember.
post replypost new topic