< prev  post replypost new topic
Granny

Posted: December 4, 2014, 9:05 AM
Hey Granny! Can you believe it's Christmas time already! How are those beautiful grandchildren doing? How are you and your husband doing? Things are good here. I finally got some health insurance so i'd be able to go to the doctor. Fear keep me away so long. I knew I lived a harmful lifestyle so I just knew that the doctor was gonna give me some bad news, like I was gonna die. Not knowing was better to me. But that's not how we handle life hu? Well I sucked it up and went, and it was all good news! I'm not going to die, all my blood work was fine and my aids test was good as well. I was so afraid. Next month I'll go to the OBYGN for a mamagram and yearly check up, which I haven't done for 7 years! Just things I needed to take care of. Then I'll visit the denist, oh boy not gonna good news there, but again just something I need to get done. I lived a not give a s*** life for so long it feels weird to take care of myself lol. I'm still going to NA and working my steps with my sponsor. I have 889 days! I have a lot to be thankful for this year and I don't forget about the many people who helped me get here, including you! Much love Granny!

Posted: December 4, 2014, 5:45 PM
Hi Girl,

oh my gosh!! I just spent about 1/2 an hours responding to your post after I logged in and when I tried to post it it said I hadn't activated something and it erased my entire post!!! That hasn't happened in a LONG time, but why can't it hold your post until you check the little box?? It should be checked already just because I had already signed in!!! I'll have to try and find time to say what I wrote to you another time.

sorry.

granny

--------------------
I NEVER KNEW HOW MUCH LOVE MY HEART COULD HOLD UNTIL SOMEONE CALLED ME GRANDMA.

STOP AND LISTEN TO THE BIRDS SINGING IN THE TREES. WHEN THE BIRDS ARE SINGING EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS OK.[FONT=Courier][FONT=Arial]

Posted: December 12, 2014, 5:50 PM
hey girl,
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you I have had some things hit me hard in the past week. My son who was just released from prison in Sept had free housing starting the day after he was released. I was SO relieved. I was afraid of where he would be. So all is good, its a sober living home,(which is a JOKE) but last Sunday he calls and says the off-site manager asked him to leave.
OK, I have heard about I don't know how many guys getting kicked, out at all hours, and for different reasons. They have mandatory meetings which my son went to like clockwork.
About 3 weeks ago he got really sick with a really bad cold and he has anxiety attacks. He called a few times and asked to be excused because he was so sick. Like he's vomiting because he's coughing so hard.... His medical insurance hadn't kicked in yet so he didn't go to the dr's, and he is in contact with the off -site manager who was OK with it.
Now she says it is because he missed 2 meetings! Heck guys have been asked to leave because they were smoking speed and she let them come back in 3-4 days!!!!!!! But she refuses to let him come back, and has even lied about a few things(if they were true parole would have to violate him!!)But what can you do? Nothing. Its all up to her. so I am scrambling to come up with $ for a hotel so he isn't homeless and is in compliance with parole. IT SUCKS!
As a parent it hurts to see them suffering. he is clean and has been for years so that's not a problem. It is other things I cannot discuss here, but it hurts none-the-less as a parent. He has been on his phone and I am on the computer looking for anything!

Thanks for listening...
we got the house lights up and now we need a tree. It is raining again, a big winter storm, which Calif needs SO badly. Longest drought in 119 years!
Most of my shopping is done and I plan on finishing my cards this weekend, so all-in-all everything is good and I am very grateful.
Please have a wonderful holiday with your kids and get all your medical and dental stuff done so your family will have you for many more years. I have some dental issues too, just age, but I still hate it.

Merry Christmas sweetie,

granny

--------------------

STOP AND LISTEN TO THE BIRDS SINGING IN THE TREES. WHEN THE BIRDS ARE SINGING EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS OK.[FONT=Courier][FONT=Arial]

Posted: December 17, 2014, 6:52 PM
I've read a lot of your posts Granny and we share some things in common. One is our age although, wish as I may I am not a Granny, but who knows what will happen.

Here is my situation and maybe its redundant , but I think of you as a role model for what I aim and will, by the grace of God, and all of you achieve it.

I was on pain management for 7 yrs., and during that time took care of my mother who was having a hard time with cancer, and my grandmother before that. As I'm an only child blessed with the most loving family, I wanted to take care of them and do everything I could. I know about the dangers of methadone, but still agreed to let it be administered by this doctor. All the while teaching yoga, basically keeping it a secret from most. But not all. mY mom dies and I was not taking the prescribed 60 mg., instead hoarding it till the day I could walk off. I decided to sell the ancestral home, by myself, moving all the years of stuff out of the house with little help, cept from the drugs. I moved alone way up into the mountains where a nearby friend was, but really had no idea how hard this would be. Well some, but not until I weaned slowly from 30 mgs. till the 5 I am on now did I realize the pain.

I decide to come clean to all my close friends that do not live around me. The are indeed supportive as you are, and it makes a big difference. 3 weeks ago I had a terrible car accident where not only was the car totaled, but I lost my best buddy, my dog Luigi. And as painful as this is I refuse to let anything get in the way of this detox. I have a broken wrist and ribs, heck I'm lucky to be alive. So there may indeed be a better plan for me than I know. I'm still here on 5 mg. with exactly 200 mgs. to get me off and I'm scared. Itried going to 2 1/2 and got too sick. I called every facility, no help. I finally called rapid detox which is very expensive and maybe life-threatening and unnecessary.

I need to know. Can I do this? Can I wean 1 mg at at a time take the necessary supplements and being that others know about it, if I'm snowed in they can bring supplies and talk me through it, alone with you guys. I will do anything. I will pay. I will relocate to a facility and put my 17 yr. old dog who is my hero and survived the accident in a good facility. IWANT TO LIVE AND THRIVE. I'm a fighter and healer and now that person, me, needs the same. You are all fighters and heroes in my eyes, and I am asking what your thoughts and advice are. I can hardly believe I'm alive and still detoxing and not changing the mgs. because of the accidents and accompanied pain. I will endure that. I need advice and hope on the methadone. Yes, it helped me take care of my dying mother. Now it's my time and I'm worthy of living a good life that many of you have accomplished miraculously. I will not be a statistic. So please, if I may ask you for you precious gift of time.

Posted: December 18, 2014, 8:13 PM
Cassiopaea,
I am very happy that you have found help through this site, its a good place with a lot of really good people. I had been clean for many years when I found it but I needed a place to go so I could help people and myself as well.

I am questioning why you are so set about getting off methadone. I have been on it for almost 21 years and (I am 10 yrs older than you) don't think about getting off it at all. There is too much going on in my life and I don't have any of the problems with it that people complain about. I take it every morning right along with all my other meds for thyroid and high blood pressure. Why the need to detox??? Aside from wanting to be free of it, has it caused you problems?

If you really want to you just have to go for it. If you haven't already read the topic here "has anyone successfully detoxed off methadone" you may want to as there are lots of stories and personal opinions about how and what some have done to get over the hump and be methadone free. Of course the last few days are hard...you have been doing something every day and change is hard for us, any kind of change. Methadone is not in itself addictive, otherwise you would need to take it several times a day, like your addiction, BUT if you stop taking it you will feel the effects. Doing a SLOW DETOX is the way to go and allowing a month or two without it to begin to feel normal. I personally have never done it, don't want to, for a few reasons. Your reason is your own.

Good luck and thank you so much for what you've said. I try to give good , honest advice to anyone who asks for it. Be strong and let me know how you are doing.

granny

This post has been edited by Granny2 3 on December 18, 2014, 8:16 PM

--------------------

jackofhartz

Posted: September 24, 2015, 9:56 AM
hi granny

back again

email me

jack

Posted: October 22, 2015, 5:01 PM
Jack,
Well damn dude! I have been so busy with life I haven't been on here in a long while. I just told Ray that I am lost here at times without your backup and knowledge! A lot of the old posters are gone as well.. Good to hear from you. I will email you at home! Love ya,
granny

--------------------

post replypost new topic