< prev  next >  post replypost new topic
Blog About Coming Off Subutex
Marky Mark

Posted: March 30, 2011, 6:35 AM
Thanks for that read it and tell her I have replied!

Well then.... It is now over with apart from a few mild feelings of feeling crappy and last night I set fire to all the paper work to do with the detox a symbolic thing roll with me on this one its closure! And finaly I have got this s*** out of my system! Thanks for the posts and if you are struggling just remember a girl named Diff. It can be done, you just have to want it! I might come back on here in a few days and let you know how I am getting on and then pop in every month just to say hello!
Good luck all
Marky Mark
Marky Mark

Posted: April 10, 2011, 5:49 PM
Cheers Mom let her now I have replied, I am now on day 25 over all withdrawels, but caught a bug. Thought I was withdrawing again! Nightmare, but still off it and keeping my head. A bug is just a bug!
Marky Mark

Posted: April 11, 2011, 1:35 PM
Dear All
Have had a bad few days and I could do with some advice! On Thursday morning I started being sick and had a really horrible s***ty feeling inside. Went to hospital thinking it was a really bad virus, but they sent me home and said it was a bug. I was then fine on the Friday, but come Saturday 11am I was back at Hospital, they did all blood tests and found nothing wrong with me (said it might be my Pancreas) Sunday again was fine and dandy eating and drinking normally then 9.30am this morning same again! Wham! It comes on like a light switch andf goes back off the same. Really spewing up, feeling cold and a horrible feeling in my head and stomach. Again today they did a scan on my pancreas which was fine and my liver and Gall Bladder was okay (all blood tests normal) I am now on day 25 of my detox? Is this the crap coming out of my body? Thurs lasted 15 hours feeling terrible Saturday was about 10 hours and today was less severe and only lasted 7 hours? The days inbetween these episodes I feel okay? Weird?
Anyone got any answers because I could sure use some? Will it get less and less?
april

Posted: April 21, 2011, 6:03 PM
i have been on suboxone for 3 years.They brought me from 24 mgs to 12 then put me on the films.I ended back up to 24 mga.Thank god I have a wonderfull doctor who put meback on the tablets.My question was i have tried coming off from them and was 5 days into it and couldnt do it.Between my adhd 2 year old and no sleep i was done.Do you know how long it takes before the flu like symptoms last before its just the sleep thats giving you a problem?
april

Posted: April 21, 2011, 6:07 PM
i think the hardest part of withdrawls is knowing theres something that could make you feel better.Unlike the flu where you cant do nothing but at least you know its short term misery.
jimxmas1103

Posted: April 21, 2011, 6:26 PM
I'm 10 days off the subs and still a bit shaky, no sleep and shivers, but otherwise ok...
Marky Mark

Posted: May 3, 2011, 10:41 AM
Hello all
I am now 46 days clean and one of you asked a question how long? Everyone is different and even now I am still getting very mild shivers now and again but they go after a few minutes. I was really bad for about 7 days and bad for another 14 days then I seemed to go okay, but near the end I started spewing up every other day this lasted three episodes, but then that was it! After 46 days I am getting to sleep okay but waking up very early (like 4am) but as I have said everyones different! I know someone who was fine after six days!
jadeyboo

Posted: October 29, 2011, 7:01 AM
hi marky mark, i stopped my subutex 5 weeks ago 6 tomorrow still sweating & no energy still got the runs & feeling sad i stopped at 2.4mg i feel awful & want to b myself again how long do u think this will last :(

Posted: January 13, 2012, 10:37 AM
Hi all let me tell u all it takes a good six months to a year, Ow yer and an addicts brain is forever altered. Those gates never go away, we will always have all those extras.
Darren

Posted: April 6, 2012, 4:59 AM
this is wot happend didnt touch any thing hard intil 24. then spent 4 years on heroin but hated wot i become kept trying 2 sort myself out doctor no good kca keyworker talks crap they put me on meth 30mm then over time increased it to 100mm.another 4 years went by and there lies about get down to 50 we put u in detox more bull.so got my self of it got down to 2mm then they put me on suboxone for 2weeks then subutex i was on 1.8 now on 0.4 i hate this med makes me depresed feeling low just scrambles my mind. dose anybody no the best way to do the last bit
sandra d

Posted: June 11, 2012, 8:21 AM
Hello out there . I need advice. I have been on suboxone for almost 6 months now. I have the film. I am down from two 8mg a day to 1 to 1/2 8mg a day. I am thiking of switching to subutex my next visit only because it is cheaper. I have being doing great on the suboxone except for the bad mood swings. I am wanting to get off completly and soon. I cannot keep going because of the money it cost to go to clinic plus the cost of meds. Does anyone out there have any suggestions. Please help..........
Grey Goose

Posted: July 13, 2012, 9:31 AM
Will be going into detox shortly on 4mg. Is it really that bad? I mean i've done a crash detox off methadone and benzo's and that was sheer and utter hell for months. That experience re-defined the word "pain" for me. So I was hoping subbies would be a smoother ride, no?
daniel

Posted: July 9, 2013, 2:54 PM
Hi iv been reading ur posts coz i am concerned about how stupidly far iv gone.i once smoked heroin over a period of two weeks and realised i was getting a habbit so stopped and moved back home i was a little shakey for three days but that was it.it made me believe i was impervious to withdrawels foolishly! I was lookin for something where i live that made me feel as relaxed as h did.i found subutex! Iv been doin it for just over a yr now always 8mg but not every day.it started as once a week but for the last six months its been more like four to five times a week.luckily i like goin out at wknds and no its dangerous to mix.but hav gone cold turkey once as relised i was doin too much.and it was nasty for eight days but bearable just no sleep and sweating and fidgeting for the first two nights.foolishly i made the same mistake and started again.at the same level.im gonna taper down with two 8mgs i hav left by snapping them.im a very healthy person generally.i do weights and play squash but lately i cant do it as i spin out.i would just like to no if u dont mind.im stopping now permanently!!but am fearing withdrawels.can u tell me wot to expect pls? I hav a very good job and life in the balance and im regretting ever messing with the stuff.many thanks.dan

Posted: July 9, 2013, 4:48 PM
I'm from Wales, UK n we do call it suboxone bsubutex excludes the nalaxone, which is an opiate blocker x

--------------------
eveleivibe@btinternet.com

Ignorance may be bliss but knowledge is power!

Posted: July 9, 2013, 5:03 PM
Hiya Daniel, just want to wish you the best of luck with coming off sub. I have not experienced withdrawal yet am on 8 mg but I'm assumming that if you've kept yourself fit n healthy that'll help. Keep posting when you do this for support
All the best,
Evey

--------------------
eveleivibe@btinternet.com

Ignorance may be bliss but knowledge is power!
faceangel

Posted: August 7, 2013, 11:45 AM
hi there how have you got on - this is a few years ago now but im currently with someone who is coming off subutex slowly - runny eyes - cant sleep at night / days - sometimes a few din a row - vairied personality - mulitple personality - i just need some info on how difficult this is going to be so i can work out how to be better support for him

Posted: August 13, 2013, 5:04 AM
can someone please help me, I was using heroin for about 3 years... I stopped around 3months ago... started using 16mls of subutex for the first 2 months then I dropped my dose to 8mls daily... for the last 12days ive had nothing no subutex.... complete cold turkey... am still feeling withdrawals... anyone got any ideas when this will stop!!! please help am getting fantasys of going out and scoring!!!! thanks lou x
concerned-sis

Posted: September 11, 2013, 2:37 PM
Can anyone tell me the what happens when you go thru withdrawl and how bad it can get? My brother has been on it for 2 years now and he takes a quarter everyday and I'm probably sure sometimes more. He says the withdrawl sysmptons are really bad which is what is holding him back from stopping. He is going to school and he cannot miss the work to go into a rehab.
carl

Posted: October 28, 2013, 5:27 PM
coming of subtex is better than herion by far
rg420

Posted: November 12, 2013, 11:27 AM
Hi Mark, I'm from across the water in Belfast here and had been on the subs for almost 5 (maybe 6) years, and had got into a real bad method of taking my meds. I felt the time had come tho and I had to bite the bullet and finally try to get back in control of my life. I had been reduced down to 4 x 0.4mg of sub a day and a few weeks ago decided to take myself off to give myself the best chance of getting off them. As soon as I got away, I reduced down to 1 x 0.4 and had intended to reduce up until I got back home again, but after a week of taking 1 of them I decided just over 2 weeks ago that there was no point in going home still taking even a crumb so stopped them all together. It has been just over 2 weeks now and although my sleep hasn't been great, I still have managed to get a bit of a doze. But I have been feeling totally drained of energy and almost feel as if i'm 20 years older than I actually am. I have no motivation to do ANYTHING whatsoever and it is bugging the life outa me. Will my energy levels come back to me?? I know that I did feel this way on numerous occasions getting off the evil, but as I had the subs to help me, I felt a bit better after a week. I'm now subless and can't help feel the need for something to perk me up. Could you please shed some light on the subject for me???
post replypost new topic