< prev  next >  post replypost new topic
Scared

Posted: March 1, 2015, 3:05 PM
Hi friends I am doing well in my soberity. My life has purpose n a new found happiness. I hope everyone is.doing well. Let my know.thanks 4.all the support.

Posted: March 1, 2015, 6:05 PM
Hi. W.. congratulations on your sobriety. very nice to hear from you and to read that you are still doing well.would you care to share more of your story about your accomplishments with us? ..

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need

Posted: March 2, 2015, 10:23 PM
Sure if it will help someone.

Posted: April 7, 2015, 3:15 PM
Hello everyone I hope you all had a great Easter. I ate way 2 much. Still enjoying sobriety daily. I love my aa meetings N getting 2 no my higher power. Hope u all r doing well. Enjoy ur day n stay sober 1 day at a time or one minute at a time. 4 me it takes both .lol

Posted: April 7, 2015, 3:32 PM
AA meetings will do that to an alcoholic... make them happy and such :0)

All the best.

Bob

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)

Posted: April 7, 2015, 6:19 PM
Good for you! glad to see you are still sober and attending meetings.. congrats!

--------------------

Posted: April 11, 2015, 11:48 AM
Glad 2 hear from u all. Enjoy ur day .

Posted: April 20, 2015, 9:54 PM
My sponsor n I jus finished my 12 steps n I feel wonderful. I never thought or could even comprehend the joy I have found through god n sobriety. The big book of aa gives me promises n I c them coming true daily. sobriety requires work but it's worth it.

Posted: April 21, 2015, 8:38 AM
CONGRATULATIONS! Thank God and keep on doing what you have been doing. you are a miracle and an inspiration.. keep posting here and give others hope and encouragment. you get to keep it when you give it away :)... thank you for sharing...hugs and wishes for a wonderful day.

--------------------

Posted: April 22, 2015, 10:48 PM
Finishing my 12 steps was awesome, but I still have a lifetime of work 2 do n I welcome every bit of it. Everyone accepted my amends except my only son n my brother n law. My sponsor told my 2 b ready jus n case this sort of thing happened. I thought I was, but I wasn't. It hurt my soul wen my son hung up on me.The price of being a alcoholic 4 nearly 40 years is tough 2 pay, but God will work it out according to his will n.purpose. I truly believe that. Please pray 4 my family and I. Thanks friends. Have a goodnight everyone.

Posted: April 24, 2015, 2:52 PM
...It hurt my soul wen my son hung up on me.

Yes it hurts your soul when you are rejected by your child.. I know I have been there. It takes a long time for them to rebuild trust. saying I am sorry means nothing. it has been said so many times.. what works and after proving you mean business and that you are serious about recovering is validating the pain we have put our loved ones through. To give you hope sobriety changes circumstances, relationships and life...today I am encouraged to be in the lives of my children and I am very much a part of their lives.I had to rebuild their trust, their respect one day at a time.. Don't give up hope and don't throw away your recovery. In good time you son will come around. when he sees you are changing and that you mean it. Right now he is scared to let his guard down.. the rejection is a wall of protection. It is not about you so much as it is about protecting himself from more hurt and pain.. when we are drinking we think we are only hurting ourselves and no one else.. nothing could be further from the truth. I understand your pain , I know how it hurts to be shut out . it will get better.. don't quit before the miracle happens.... hugs, support and prayers for you dear W..

--------------------

Posted: April 25, 2015, 1:00 PM
Pirate I always find ur words so encouraging . Thank you for caring. I no as u say it will be alright. I will never give up aa or my GOD they r the reason I'm still here. Bless you

Posted: April 26, 2015, 7:22 PM
Thank you W. In the days ahead there will be difficult ones but from these you will learn the most if you make the choice to stay sober. If you feel down and depressed instead of reaching for that drink remember that it was alcohol that brought you to this place. Let your goal be a mended relationship with your son. strive for that , let that be something you aim for. It hurts right now I know it do. it is a terrible feeling but it will get better. Next weekend I am going to another province to babysit my two grandkids while my son and his wife go out of town on a business trip. If someone would have told me that 6 years ago I would never have believed that would be a reality. My 3 adult kids are very proud of my accomplishments . It did not happen overnight , it took a long time for them to trust me and respect me but sobriety has given me rewards that i could not have imagined in my drunken state. From one mother to another W.. you can do this and your rewards will be great too!

--------------------

Posted: May 11, 2015, 9:34 PM
Happy b-late mother's day to all the moms out there. I spent my day sober n happy. My son called me Saturday but not sunday. That's more than I deserve. I feel so blessed to hav a friend n aa who I can share with. I am so grateful for my sobriety, !!###

Posted: May 25, 2015, 12:45 PM
Wishing everyone a wonderfully scrumptious memorial day. I am sober n loving it.

Posted: May 25, 2015, 2:14 PM
good job , well done

Posted: May 26, 2015, 4:30 AM
Congrats.. keep it up!

--------------------

Posted: June 2, 2015, 1:14 AM
my husband has taken me on vacation after 3 years.of not wanting 2 b seen in public with me. I am spending time with my grandkids. None of this would b possible w/o aa n sobriety. I feel alive 4 the first time n a long time.

Posted: June 2, 2015, 9:08 AM
Hey wylodean, thats some achievement , keep posting so others may see that it is possible for us to turn our lives around and free ourselves from the handcuffs of addiction - well done, enjoy your holiday - all the best-

Posted: June 2, 2015, 9:27 AM
Hey wylodean, AWESOME! Keep coming back and share your ESH. I felt so happy for you when I read your post :)

--------------------
post replypost new topic