post replypost new topic
Trying My Best

Posted: August 13, 2012, 5:35 AM
My mind runs free and all the bad thoughts in my mind are coming out. Im stressed im tierd im awake when i should be asleep i cant stop the mental obbsion. Ijust keeping thinking how could it could feel. The warm fuzzy feeling i got when i toon the pills. Nothing was ever gonna be the same. Im sober just for today and it helps to talk thanks for letting me share.

Posted: August 13, 2012, 7:19 AM
That warm fuzzy feeling is a lie. Ignore it's call. It will just put you right back in the middle of your addiction. Move forward and get to the truth. The real warm fuzzy feeling is sobriety. Keep reaching for it.

--------------------

१२ स्तैप्पैर!

kat11100@comcast.net

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you;
that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
Mark Twain

Just because the monkey's off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town

Laugh because it shows people that you have what they want and what they need: a hope in things unseen, a peace that passes understanding, and a God of miracles who also has a great sense of humor.

Posted: August 13, 2012, 7:28 AM
Your sooooooo right but i just want to get that relief. I feel blessed that you were there

Posted: August 13, 2012, 8:35 AM
Kat's right.It is a lie.
I'm a surfer and there have been times I've been laying on my board,sun beating down,blue water and the the right swell starts forming in the distance and I know I'm going to get it.It's one of the most phenomenal feelings in the world,you're flying on top of a wave and the sweet part about it......no drugs were involved.

You sound like you're in a tough place and I've been there but 1 pill will be too many and a 1,000 won't be enough.It's the ultimate lie.You will feel good again,just keep talking about it.Have you been to any meetings?

I love this board but it alone will not keep you sober.It's a perfect tool to use during the day or night when you have nothing to do but you need interaction with other addicts.

I remember one meeting years ago I was talking to another addict about something,I can't even remember,and he just politely told me I was lying,which I was.That eye to eye contact cannot be replaced.

Love you and stick around.

Posted: August 13, 2012, 11:21 AM
Girltoday, you can't control the thoughts that come into your mind but you CAN control how long they stay there. My best defense was to always be involved in a book (not about alcohol or drugs, or "inspirational" but something I hated to put down. Within minutes the drug thought will go away. Just an idea...

Posted: August 13, 2012, 11:57 AM
Jana's right..the first thought, we have no control over, the second, we do.

Find something else to fill your thoughts. Get your body active. Surround yourself with people who are clean, sober and happy. I found those people and will never be grateful enough for what they did for me.

I remember those thoughts. They make my stomach hurt just thinking about them now. They'll fade with time as long as you are doing something to make you happy and healthy, mind, body and soul.

Really glad you're here.

--------------------
I used Drugs to forget, I got clean to remember.

Posted: August 13, 2012, 12:31 PM
im stll sober and still trying. The feeling did pass thanks for all your support.

Posted: August 14, 2012, 10:49 AM
Practice, practice, practice.

Every day is a clean slate and you get to start all over. Make it worth it.

--------------------
I used Drugs to forget, I got clean to remember.

Posted: August 14, 2012, 10:57 AM
Ya today i get to paint pictures of trees and the sun with my son. Its sooooo fun to be a mom when hes not being so wild. Im greatful to have my family i love them alot and they love me back even though i wasnt always there. I ran away alot. My son would come home and id be gone cause his dad made me mad. had tostop the madness
post replypost new topic