next >  post replypost new topic
Restless Leg Syndrome After Wd ?
WarriorQueen

Posted: July 14, 2016, 2:57 PM
I'm 13 days sober (and counting). I used for 5 yrs daily. My symptoms from WD pretty much cleared up on Day 8. I'm now worried because im still having Restless Leg Syndrome . I am able to sleep for the most part, but I still have to cope with rocking back and fourth & leg Muscle aches at night 'til I finally pass out. It's a huge annoyance.

I don't want to take any medicine that has to be prescribed. I went through WD cold turkey besides over the counter meds. I have tried a few home remedies (such as hot epsom soaks , light Excercise, staying away from caffeine & nicotine before bedtime , avoiding Anhistamines, laying on the floor) . They help for a little while ,but I thought my legs would stop "break-dancing" in bed by now.

Is there any information online about this ? Is there something wrong with me ? Is this normal ? Could this be a sign of something more serious?

Posted: July 14, 2016, 11:44 PM
Hey WQ...
I'm at day 11 and finally had to break down and take the damn meds...lol...rls...body aches..anxiety...your gonna have it awhile...depression can get deep ...really deep...it's why many of us don't make it more than a week or more...it's why I say it's never about the kick...it's what comes after that's hardest...takes time for the body and brain to adjust...my legs still bugging me ...slowly gets better but thought I would scream 4 weeks after the methadone kick...about 2 weeks after the dope and morphine kick...and then some..especially at night..seems to pick a place..some get stomach...some legs..some something different that just fcking lingers....there's some home remedies over on methadone board I think that could help ...hang in there...nothing abnormal as far as being a heroin addict after a kick is concerned...we feel pretty crappy for a good while after...not a doctor though...so check in if u can with yours...this is not a easy thing to do alone...take it slow...I always wonder why I am fine doing heroin or anything else but refuse repeatedly what the docs want to give me...I refused to raise my dose when I needed it too on methadone. ..someone once told me it was pride...might be right....usually feel better though after I take what's needed....getting clean and staying clean are very different things WQ....day 6 is when it starts to get hard for me...your right on schedule I think...gonna be ok...keep ur head up..

Con

This post has been edited by constantine on July 15, 2016, 12:31 AM
WarriorQueen

Posted: July 15, 2016, 8:16 AM
Thank you for your reply . I really appreciate it . You are so right especially about being sober & recovery (2 different things) . I'm going to OP treatment. I would've loved to go to a rehab so I could have asked for advice there but I kicked the "H" at home . I was just really worried about my "RLS" staying forever and not going away . Thankfully last night it was barely noticeable... I fell asleep quickly. so my panicking was for nothing. I can't go to a doctor which sucks (insurance issues) but it's clearing up on its on it seems .

On Day 14 . I made it 2 wks . Never thought that was ever possible in 5 years I haven't been sober this long . I tried to but both attempts failed . Hopefully the 3rd time will be the charm.

& congrats on your days clean and sober as well .

Posted: July 15, 2016, 9:15 AM
Hi WQ and Constantine, Congrates to you both!! You both are a great example to others and a prime example of "When the going gets tough, the tough don't quit"! I'm proud of you both! Keep it up. ((Hugs)) Mary.

This post has been edited by Mandm on July 15, 2016, 9:17 AM

Posted: July 15, 2016, 11:25 AM
Thanks Mary....WHOA...2 weeks WQ !! Nice !! Sucks about the insurance, ya, crap is ridiculous expensive....glad to know the legs are calming down...I swear I hate that itch and kick...
WarriorQueen

Posted: July 15, 2016, 11:42 AM
Thank you very much Mary.

& to Constantine thanks for your advice and replies they are very much appreciated .

:)
WarriorQueen

Posted: July 15, 2016, 11:50 AM
- Also Constantine . The legs calmed down im not break dancing in bed as much . Your right about the anxiety and depression it comes in waves but everyday it seems to dissappear a little more . I actually feel happier not waking up WD'ing everyday . I understand you on the pride thing . I think to myself I could do "H" but I'm weary of Benzo's and Methadone. Even with over the counter meds I was reluctant to take them until I absolutely had to . Afraid of getting hooked onto something else since I know I tend to have an addictive personality.

Posted: July 16, 2016, 5:29 AM
Oh hell...I hated benzos...they work but murder on my head...could never see the dope and benzos combo...but..that's just me...speedball...ok...benzo mix...no way...anyways. ..I get you...wondering exactly today what the difference is between being on the naltrexon or being on the methadone. ..both do the same thing...and for me the methadone was much better on my system. ..this stuff feels like a lawn mower...ugh...but it's doing the job..it seems to turn the cravings off....hmmmm...just like methadone. ..
WarriorQueen

Posted: July 16, 2016, 6:10 AM
Yeah Con for some reason . I could I'V dope no problem without a second thought, but I was afraid of everything else especially uppers (haha like Dope is a safe "drug") . Anyways I tried Benzo's while using in the very beginning of my addiction . I was mixing percs and Benzo's once and awhile . I never found benzo's to be something I wanted... it was just there because my friends had them . I never did a methadone or naltrexone. I do know people that are currently successfully working the methadone program. I've used subutex & suboxone to withdraw.

This time WD'ing I went CT without any medication because I realized I got high from subs and subutex didn't help at all really I still felt every WD symptom. I didn't have enough money for methadone (its more expensive than Dope habit was lol) . Anything else is foreign to me .

- Wishing you a sober, better, and amazing day .

Posted: July 16, 2016, 1:09 PM
You too wq...gonna ride on the motorcycle. ..always good for my head...and fck yes methadone getting too pricy to stay on...that's why I'm off...sober happy day to u too
WarriorQueen

Posted: July 16, 2016, 7:57 PM
Nice just getting up and out of the house feels like a chore to me . Im getting most of my energy back but only at 75% . I still have some RLS & some sneezing but they are clearing up . I've been excerising but nothing drastic like 1hr-2hrs walks in a total day (around the house and outside)... so good for you getting up and moving around .

:)

Posted: July 17, 2016, 12:01 AM
Lol...sitting on a bike is not really moving...the kicks whooped my a**...couldn't wouldn't move for weeks...doc is telling me last nite that I'm gonna be sick again now for 3 to 4 days on this damn naltrexon. ..fun times....glad I rode when I did cuz im not going anywhere but my couch this morning...take it slow WQ...I try to walk too and sometimes bicycle. ..depends on the day...takes awhile...energy comes and goes....damn legs huh ? ..ya...it always hits me there the worse too..walking feels good ...go slow...smile...and have a peaceful sunday....

This post has been edited by constantine on July 17, 2016, 12:05 AM
WarriorQueen

Posted: July 17, 2016, 9:45 PM
My RLS is very light but it comes back when I lay down at night as always just hasn't been as harsh lately. I'm on Day 16 and still struggling I'm trying my best to get out but not for too long like short walks to the store and what not . Everything but my RLS , Sneezing , and sometimes muscle acheiness has gone away . I still get the chills here and there.

I hope your having a good clean ad sober day . Hopefully the medication the DOC makes things better . I can't believe your doc couldn't provide you with something that would be quicker . But I guess I can think everything works as fast as an (I'V) lol these things take time .

Posted: July 19, 2016, 6:34 AM
Moin WQ,
how you doing today ? Docs did actually try just about everything so far....but nothing holding me and nothing working so far...naltrex I can't ( supposedly) use on...so...there's that...almost the same feeling as methadone...which I just don't want or can afford anymore...not that the naltrex wasn't damn expensive...anyways. ..ya...nothing faster for sure...maybe medical IV ..hmmm...lol....drug humor...sometimes we just got to laugh at ourselves...hope your having a good day...

con

This post has been edited by constantine on July 19, 2016, 6:34 AM
WarriorQueen

Posted: July 19, 2016, 3:37 PM
Yeah these doctors are crazy the prices they charge . Lol they make people want to relapse because the doctors cost more than the dealers . Ha even getting off of legal methadone is hard cause the withdrawal is worse than when we're coming off of "H" .

I'm doing better the legs came back last night so I took a epsom bath which helped . I'm on day 18 and I thought the leg thing would be over and go away . I still sneeze (3-4x in a row)

I know we can't rush detox or recovery but I got used to knowing there was a "miracle" cure for anytime I felt regular sick or any type of mental bs . I've got to wrap my head around the fact that's not a "cure" & stuff like that

Posted: July 19, 2016, 4:10 PM
LOL !!! Right ? I was thinking about that today...comparing the costs...ya..and your right...make us pay for an even harder kick.
lol..sad crazy s*** for real....hey..deep thought there WQ...true about always thinking there's something to take to fix whatever was hurting...never thought about it..but ur right..Nothing to fix this...oh the sneezing...two sneezes every time right in a row for 3 months straight. ..just started to go away...I sneeze now and my spouse gives me that ...not again look...lol...im on day 15 now..but with the naltrexon. ..so I feel like Im cheating a bit...day 18 is amazing...you really want it...respect...your doing it !!!
WarriorQueen

Posted: July 20, 2016, 10:55 AM
Congrats on your days clean . Wishing you more . Don't think of it as cheating your just helping your body to heal at a slower pace rather than at a rapid painful one .

Thanks I'm trying everyday though it gets easier occupying my mind with other thoughts and getting through the day . I'm now content with my RLS I've just chalked it up to my body getting back to were it's supposed to be and take efforts to ease it . The Sneezing is more of a annoyance more than a problem I can handle it . (Ha my husband makes fun of me because of the many times in a row I tend to sneeze) .

We've got to keep our sense of humor without it we'd probably go crazy . It's nice to laugh here and there instead of just sleeping or shaking our heads "yes and no" or the famous "grunting" we do. Atleast that's what I used to do to get over with a conversation. Lol

Ha most clinic docs are dealers with degrees and a trusty notepad . They are no different . They want your money and they could really care less about you after they've got your money. Ctfu but sometimes we find a good quack that will actually give us advice and help . It's rare but it's awesome when we find a doc that treats and helps. Not just a doc that says "here's a script .. gimme $ .. and be on your way " haha

Posted: July 21, 2016, 9:24 PM
Wq..how's it going ? Just checking in on us. I'm getting the sleepless again so I'm up in the middle of the night alot...thinking of stopping the naltrexon now and seeing where I'm at...18 days now...seems like forever. ..what's up on your side of the house ? Hope all is well...your right about the docs....it's a special one that cares...not many do...it's all about the money. . But then again...we tend to burn out alot of good people....

Con

This post has been edited by constantine on July 21, 2016, 9:26 PM
WarriorQueen

Posted: July 31, 2016, 11:17 AM
I'm just reporting back . It's been a week or so since I've been online . Everything is back to "normal" (what is normal ? ) HaHa. I'm on day 30 . No more RLS and the Sneezing has really dissapeared.

I feel like I've been dealing with PAWS. I know it's not too common but my short term memory is completely shot.
For example i put salt in the microwave (did not turn it on) , i left my house in socks and didnt realize it until 30mins later i was hanging around my parking lot and looked down then realized i was missing my shoes , im very forgetful even in the middle of a convo. My mood swings are just surprising even to myself. I've finally been able to sleep for a full 7hrs last night . Everything does seem to be improving . Just some lingering depression and anxiety roaming around ...which I had before using . It's hard to deal with stress like I break down but I come right back with a smile :)

Hope everything is well with you Con . How is your recovery going ? & did you stop the naltrexone? Wishing you happy , exciting and not boring clean days

Posted: July 31, 2016, 3:28 PM
Hey WQ...missed you...glad your doing ok...sleep is good !! Yea !!! ...ah...paws...ya...that can get really bad...I spiraled last time down into a blackness I never want to go to again...took awhile and some anti depressants to pull out of it..if the depression and aniexty get worse for you tell your doc...not something to play with...and way more common than they say....this time round for me so far doesn't feel as dark though thank the gods...more like what you're experiencing. .weird blank spots sometimes. .a little confusion...like salt in fridge...lol...or in my case just not being able to talk properly sometimes...brain is trying to reset itself I guess...will take some time...my motor skills are a bit off too at times...just clumsy....ya...off the naltrexon. .it was making me feel really bad...even after a week off im still getting stomach issues and diarrhea. ..but otherwise...doing ok too...smiling through the dark..glad to hear from you !!

This post has been edited by constantine on July 31, 2016, 3:43 PM
post replypost new topic