next >  post replypost new topic
Bonnie Scotland !!!
eckie

Posted: December 13, 2011, 3:58 PM
Hi
Only in Scotland can you call a hurricane a bawbag,kick fcuk oot a burnin terrorist,have a religous war during a 90minute game of footy.Turn a junkie fae the scheme into a celebrity and decide that a cold curry fae the nite before is breakfast material..Ahh,,Scotland,,where men are men and sheep are scared....A FCUKIN LOVE BEIN SCOTTISH....!!!!!!
A MERRY XMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY FRIENDS ON THE BOARD...
......... BIG ECK .......

Posted: December 13, 2011, 7:35 PM
Yeah!!!- - What eck said!!!

???????????????????????????????

And Happy Holidays back at ya !!

This post has been edited by jackofhartzz on December 13, 2011, 7:37 PM

--------------------
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."
— Hunter S. Thompson[COLOR=blue]

Posted: December 13, 2011, 9:07 PM
Our Eckie is a happy man...yay!

--------------------
You will not change what you are willing to tolerate.

user posted image

Posted: December 13, 2011, 11:18 PM

Since for close to 52 years of my life I thought (was told) I was a mix of German,Scotch Irish and French. Imagine my surprise to find out a few years ago that I am actually 100% Irish!!!
I dont know much about the Irish folk except Leprechauns, green, lucky charms cereal and rainbows.
I oddly enough have always admired Ireland and Scotland,above all else, the accents are fascinating and I thoroughly enjoyed James Herriots books.

Aside from that I have found it hard to embrace my newfound heritage,and now their Christmas practices.....Of course I dont know much about German practices either, if there is such a thing...Oh well...my house is lit up and warm and cozy and I have my loved ones here and to me that is the best Christmas of all....

Happy Holidays !!!!!!!!

--------------------
I NEVER KNEW HOW MUCH LOVE MY HEART COULD HOLD UNTIL SOMEONE CALLED ME GRANDMA.

STOP AND LISTEN TO THE BIRDS SINGING IN THE TREES. WHEN THE BIRDS ARE SINGING EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS OK.[FONT=Courier][FONT=Arial]
eckie

Posted: December 14, 2011, 9:15 AM
Granny 2/3
Yer spot on about the Irish,,at least the ones from the South,,awe wee green men who stand about 3foot tall till a friday or saturday nite when they have had a few pints of Guinness and,or a few whiskeys which turn them from Wee 3ft green men into 6ft 4in hulks..lol,,,no-riters a think they are called..Funnily enough a lad the ole timers will remember from the emerald isle(Davey Reilly)who used to post here but who doesnt speak too me now has actually moved within 2miles from me with his new Scottish/Irish bride,,havent seen him but heard through the grapevine from a very reliable source,,just goes to show what a small world we live in eh!!
I get ye Jack,,lol,,,as per usual you have not a clue what i am havering on about though awe ra best tae you tae m8..lol....LEST WE FORGET......../////ECK/////

Posted: December 14, 2011, 12:38 PM
Love it...I understood every word. I think. lol Nothing more romantic than a brouge..I could listen to it all day long. American accents are boring.

I'm half German half Scottish. Cameron clan. My Granny came over on the boat and I remember her when I was very small..my mom said I would sit and listen to her talk without making a sound or movement. Great Grandmother by the way..she made her way from Scottland to Arizona and actually dated Doc Holiday. or one of those guys from the OK Corral..can't remember which one now so it might not have been Holiday. Anyone remember all the names?

--------------------
I used Drugs to forget, I got clean to remember.
eckie

Posted: December 14, 2011, 12:58 PM
Hey Cowgirl!!!
Its been a long time since a fell out wi yerself innit???lol..x,,,Doc Holliday was so funny,,his girl in the film was called big nose Kate,i cant remember her surname,,there was Wyatt Earp,n,all his brothers,,The Clayton crew who were the "baddies",,Cowgirl,s,funny bcoz i just watched a version of Wyatt Earp just about 2 or 3 days ago,weird innit!! I,m not sure if i noticed yer Granny though,maybe though bcoz i,m not sure which one i was lookin out for..lol..
So which part of you is the German then,n,what part is the Scot,,,I think it was Granny 2/3 who mentioned being about 8part European,n,askin sumthin about xmas in Germany,n,i forgot to tell her Con was the one to ask about the festivities in that country at this time of year,,,
Anyway my friend,,as i,ve said it must be a couple of years since i last spoke with yerself so have a Happy Xmas,n,a Guid New Year...xx ////ECK////
eckie

Posted: December 14, 2011, 1:21 PM
OH,n,BTW Cowgirl

I have friends who are Camerons,,i actually have one on my friend list on FBook,,My new partner is a Campbell,n,is still not welcome in a certain place in Scotland due to a massacre that took place in the late 16th century(true)
The massacre happened in Glencoe where after walking from Argyll the Macdonalds took the Campbells in,,Fed them,basically were the perfect hosts then during one night her ancestors who had let the macdonalds fall asleep in a false sense of security got up and murdered everyone in the Home of Macdonald,,i think there were around 12 or 13 murdered in cold blood and to this day there is a sign in the picturesque village of Glencoe saying GLENCOE,,NO CAMPBELLS WELCOME..
All i can say on the subject is they are missing out as its in the middle of some of the most beautiful scenery in the world,i think its in the middle of the Cairngorm mountain range though Moms the one who would confirm or deny this..
So there ye have it,,a Scottish history lesson when we least expected it,,i incidently dont let my partner forget what a bunch of scoundrels she desends from !!llol...I wonder what makes me torment her like that every now,n,again...lol....ECK....ps,,my surname is Welsh,...x

Posted: December 14, 2011, 2:35 PM
My husband's surname is Welsh as well and his family is from there...they can be traced back to Ben Franklin's time here.

I find it very strange since I am only 3rd generation here. All of my grandparents are first generation born here in the early 1900's. We are heavy on old world traditions, which makes sense as to why my husband's family isn't, there have been here for a long time.

Has anyone looked up their family history? I did and it has been fascinating ....

Merry Merry....HoHoHo...

Enjoy!

--------------------
Well it sucks, now doesn't it? When you make your own bed and then have to lie in the filth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was a glitch due to system overload. Please stand by to find out what future you will design.

Posted: December 15, 2011, 1:21 PM
Ok Eckie..you know I love trying to desciver what you are saying..are you saying we had a falling out? I don't remember that? Must not of been important! lol

Anyway, YES, that's who it was, Wyatt Earp, not Doc Holliday. Earp is who my great grandmother was supposed to of dated. Now, this is all just family gossip through the years so who knows, supposedly I'm supposed to have had an aunt who dated President Lincoln before he married his wife. Her name was Ann Rutledge and there is some truth to that one.

My aunt and uncle back East have done a family research, tree if you will and I haven't seen it yet. Supposed to be very cool. I'll have to remember to ask for a copy. They just did my mother's mother's side, Dillman (German). I'd like to know more about my Dad's side, the Cameron's. My dad takes his heritage very seriously. He's been back to where my Granny was born more than once and for the life of me, I can't remember where...We're allegedly related to Mary, Queen of Scots?

This post has been edited by cowgirl on December 15, 2011, 1:22 PM

--------------------
eckie

Posted: December 15, 2011, 3:31 PM
Hey Cowgirl
A wouldnt worry about the falling out coz although i cant remember what it was about we made up,n,were kool b4 the finish..I might be wrong here but i,m pretty positive Mary Queen of Scots surname was Stewart,,she spent time in Stirling Castle,my hometown and to the best of my knowledge was executed near there and my 10yr old daughter Wee Alex tells me theres a stone up Gowanhill at the back of the castle which they used to behead people though i,ll ask my daughter what its called and why..
Only a week or two ago i sent Mom an envelope full of postcards for her pupils who are doing some kind of proect,n,in it i explained what my kid had said..Also where i live is Braveheart country and about 1mile away from Stirling Castle is the Wallace Monument which is a tall monument to commerate the live of William Wallace whom the film starring Mel Gibson was all about,they have even built a statue recently of Wallace up at the castle and they have built the stupid thing lookin like Mel Gibson..FFS,,A jokes a joke eh!!Its Stirling here not Beverly fcukin Hills....Try,n,find out yer where yer family are from and i will make up a pack of lies romancing up their story..lol....Seriously though,i,ll find out what i can fr you if yer interested..I gotta go now as i,m driving my sista into Stirling fr her xmas nite out....
BEe Good....ECK..xxx

Posted: December 15, 2011, 3:39 PM
hey Eck, couple of questions grandmas side were Campbells (think of Breadalbane) but my gma always and i mean always said "you pronounce it camel...never ever camp BELL) what is that about? also lots of poor coal miners from Durham County. Other side German with fun names like Gasser lol we laugh about that one they were from Shingling, Germany.. they were cabinet makers in the old country Fun to see where peoples ancestors are from

Posted: December 15, 2011, 7:26 PM
MoM,s side of the family >> Naples, Italy
still characterized by political and economic corruption and a thriving black market empire.

Her father and mother came here- (Ellis Island) and resided in NYC,s lower east side in the 1920,s
Dad,s side> Palermo, Sicily
His father came from Silicy in the 1930,s- -my gramma was born in Bronx, NY
Although known for many things - the most talked about in this country is the criminal element that still stives there today- - not as bad as yrs ago but>>>>>>
The Mafia took advantage of corrupt city officials (a former mayor of Palermo, Vito Ciancimino, has been condemned for his bribery with Mafiosi) and protection coming from the Italian central government itself.

mY fathers father ,died shortly after he got out of prison in 1950- when my dad was 14
mY fathers mom - never talked about him - well ..not a lot- - But I know so many wild stories about him and his "friends" -Hey it was a different Era-

My moms parants - legally successful (more or less) / and quite a love story- married for 60 yrs- -successful businessman- God knows how. he could barley speak english- -but he dealt with NJ real estate and made lot$ of ca$h thru the yrs- Gramma tended her tomatoe garden up until she was 90 yrs old- she passed at 96- Grampa at 88

Yeah interesting family history- - Id would love to trace it back- -

--------------------
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."
— Hunter S. Thompson[COLOR=blue]

Posted: December 15, 2011, 8:01 PM
Not much to report on Dad, though we know he was English-Scot, but his dad died on the streets of his alcoholism and his mom would never talk much about him. Her family hailed from Scotland, surname Thomson, but went to Cuba when my grandmother was 8. She was a piece of work, and once she kicked out my drunkard grandfather she married an awful man with a very uncommon German last name who raised my father to be the man he became for worse more than better...he was a terrible stpefather to my dad, truly a dreadful person.

Mom's side all Greek, from Thessaloniki, still have peeps there and we went on famly fact-finding mission some of you may recall back in 2008. Back in the 1800s there were many Greek settlements in Turkey and many Turkish settlements in Greece, they had existed for many, many years. In the early 1900s those buttinsky British imperialists (sorry to my English friends) decided all Greeks must be repatriated to Greece and all Turks to Turkey, despite the fact that neither population had grown up with nor was familiar with their so-called motherlands. At the time, Islam was becoming dominant in Turkey and it became another reason to get those troublesome Orthodox Greeks out. Off they all went in caravans, one group passing the other on their respective ways "home", to places they had never lived. My great-grandmother died on the way...it is a 14 hour train ride from Istanbul to Thessalonika and they went on foot...my Yiayia said she died of a broken heart =( When they got to Thessalonika they moved about 40 minutes (by car) north because much of the city had burned to the ground in 1917, just a short time before their arrival. But my my mother's great aunt had taken the handwritten town record book with her when they fled (I say 'fled' because the Turks were beheading Greeks as they rode through the villages and my grandmother's village had been warned by a rider who arrived in the middle of the night.

So when we all went to Turkey a few years back we went to the village they left and then took the train to Thessalonika and had an incredible dinner with my mother's cousin and her family and got all sorts of cool family photos and info...they even had my great-grandmother's only piece of furniture, having carted it all the way. It was the trip of a lifetime to be able to do this with my mom and daughter.

Yiayia (my mother's mother) was a rebel and ran away first at the age of 16 after her parents had 'given' her to a woman in the village because they couldn't afford to keep her, then again after she was returned to the woman, leaving at 18 and never looking back. She managed to scrape along and save and get herself passage to America where her older brothers already were. She came through Ellis Island in 1921 and I have the silver dollar they gave her upon arrival. They left a one-room dirt floor shared by 9 people and ended up owning three successful restaurants in Boston. I have an awesome picture of my uncles behind the counter in their diner and you can see all the food prices, 2 eggs over easy 35 cents, a side of bacon 20 cents, toast was a nickel...I also still have their knoves and cooking pots and a few plates from the diner.

Lots of good memories of the uncles and aunts and cousins and the huge family gatherings with all the noise and the food and the dancing and the drinking (uncles had a still and homemade ouzo was always present)...it was a great way to grow up...and it gave me the gift of tongues...Greek was my first language.

I miss them all.

--------------------

user posted image
eckie

Posted: December 16, 2011, 7:56 AM
HELPPPPP !!!
I was only tellin a joke!!!
Momg,,My current partner is a Campbell,,Well the fact that some peeps may say Camel is only lazy Scottish slang thats all.We can walk a mile to the next village and the twang and words they use can be a wee touch different..You do know the Campbells are still seen as scumbags around Glencoe for the massacre they commited in the 1680,s i think it was when they murdered all the Macdonald family,,i dont know if you,ve read all thats been written here but to this day in Glencoe village theres a sign saying no Campbells wellcome..
Jack,,i think the less said about your Scicillian family the better eh!!lol,,,I,ll bet auld Chicky upstairs could tell you a few stories but like the rest of the "GOOD"Bad Mafioso,she,ll probably stay silent m8..lol...
Mom,,no wonder yer a linguist,,lol,,,What a colourful multi-cultured bunch we are eh???
BTW,Mom,,if anything i,ve said about the Scottish history is wrong dont be scared to correct me as i am far from the brain of Britain.,.lol....BE GOOD TROOPS..
Braveheart Eck..xxxxx

Posted: December 16, 2011, 9:55 AM
Me, correct you? I don't think so! Perhaps Jenny could correct you..HAHAHAHA!!!

Yer like a new man Eck, looking to be a much happier holiday this year, no?

Peace ~ M&M

--------------------

user posted image

Posted: December 16, 2011, 1:42 PM
Well, if Mary was a Stewart, then she wasn't related to us, right? Maybe her mother's side? Who knows. I've given you a pretty good start on my family Eck..start making up stories. I can't wait to see what you come up with! LOL

And making that statue look like Mel Gibson? Shame on them. Just because it was an awesome movie doesn't make him the living ledgend now.

I would love to hear your voice in person...scottish accents are my downfall.

--------------------
eckie

Posted: December 16, 2011, 6:26 PM
Hey Cowgirl!!
Wi me being a coach driver doing tour work at home and abroad in the summer months i,m used to makin up porky pies but i have no time just now but i will be back..lol..
And whatsmore theres a very good chance a bonnie lassie like yerself could have it arranged to hear my voice in person for minutes,hours,days,n,even years if ye play yer cards right...lol..........cheerio the noo........ECKIEDEE...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Posted: December 16, 2011, 11:52 PM
Hey there Eck ! Did you get that weird hurricane too ?...almost blew us away last night...well, my name is as Irish as u can get...but my blood ?...ha ha...who knows....

Con
eckie

Posted: December 17, 2011, 6:58 AM
Aww Princess!!!
Ave been wondering where you were throughout this post,,started it myself tae,didnt need Mom or anyone fr a change..
No Con we neva got the hurricane last-night but last week we had quite a bad one sent right over the Atlantic from our Allies in America,if thats our friends a wouldnt like to piss them off..lol..The hurricane last week was called Hurricane Bawbag,,everyone was in stitches as thats what we call people that we want tae abuse a bit,translation means(scrotum)i think??U know what i mean Con,i know you do..Hey Cowgirl,,Con has heard my accent as we have spoken on the fone once or twice,,if i remember correctly i had to speak slower though she did think it was a hoot as she was howling wi laughter..
Mary Queen of Scots name is deffo not Cameron Cowgirl,,i,m pretty sure it was Stewart though i will look into it l8r,,n,,yer rite about that statue,,a mean i know Mel Gibson played him in the film but F.F.S,,Didnt mean they had to make the statue look just like him,,its a fcukin red-neck so it is..Also he is about 5ft 8ins,n,Wallace was supposed to be alot bigger than that,the myth was that he was about 7ft tall though we do know that,that was a load of s***e but he,d have been bigger than Gibson...If ya like historical places then the main town nr where i live(Stirling)really is beautiful,n,when you are heading in from my direction ye can actually see the castle high to yer left and the Wallace Monument high to yer right about a mile,n,a bit apart...Mom..did yer kids find those postcards of any interest or did they ust see it as another boring history lesson???I coulda got funny ones but that woulda been completely missing the point i expect eh???
Con got some info on CF for ya,,i was at an appointment in Edinburgh with Tjay and his mum Tracey,,i will pm you on facebook about it but lets ust say the now the Dr who was there that day was left in no doubt my contempt for him,n,the rest of them,,they were told if they think they are treating my only son like a lab-rat they have another thing comin,,will fill you in l8r Princess......Later People,n,Cowgirl??Any chance of coming back down from the ceiling???
Muchas Love Eck...xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
post replypost new topic