< prev  post replypost new topic
Just Finished Accelerated Detox Thursday

Posted: April 17, 2005, 7:15 AM
littlebeach

They use a drug which is called a narcotic antagonist in the form of an IV and this is done over a 6 to 8 hour time span. What it's doing is pushing all the narcotics out of the brain. Hence-no more cravings. The next three days, you just feel tired with little and I mean little spirts of energy every now and then. Today is 3 and I am really feeling pretty good. I probably just jinxed myself. I hope I answered your question. If not, reach out again until I get it right.

Posted: April 17, 2005, 8:20 AM
Kirk, I'mglad it is working for you. I have heard vague rumors(good & bad) about kwick detox. I thought Ray did it a long time ago.

This is what I am curious about. How does it work. It has to be more then 'getting the opiates out of your brain'- cause thats not what causes the wd's.
I think an antagonist would just send you into wds.
From what i understand, by using all the opiates we have, one of the things we have done is created new opiate receptors in the brain. Part of the wd is there are receptors waiting to be filled.
I'm just kinda curious, & kinda lazy about it too, cause if i was that interested, i could probably look it up.
Im real glad it is working. Keep on truckin.

--------------------
No matter what right you did or what wrong you didn't do: When you're the black sheep, all blame belongs to you

Posted: April 17, 2005, 4:26 PM
Kirk, I am willing to bet it is sub they give you, or naltrexone.
Sounds scary and dangerous; I am glad like Sammy is glad you are here.
Kerry

--------------------
emancipate yourselves from mental slavery none but ourselves can free our minds ~Bob Marley

Posted: April 17, 2005, 5:41 PM
I've heard good and bad on this kinda thing, wasn't there a guy here who played sports and had this done awhile back here, I remember him posting good things about it.

And then there was another story I read here about a guy who had to have that naltroxine pellet digged out of his belly in the emergency room cause it made him so sick one night. And that poor fellow felt it all because that pellet blocked any kind of pain med, which I don't think they even dosed him to begin with cause he would have got so sick from it. Talk about a no win situation.

I had the option of having that pellet in my belly and declined due to lack of money, but I did take a tablet, with the same purpose, but I can't remember the name right now. Anyways, that stuff made me extremely ill, I don't think I was ever so sick in my life. 24 hours of constant vomitting and dry heaves. Truely, one of the worst nights of my life kind of sick.

But like I stated earlier, my doctor was a complete quack. He took some medical information from me and dosed me from there. Nothing like you have going Kirk, I'm really glad to hear this is working for you. It takes what it takes. (hi Cowgirl, picked that one up for you and put it into my apply-to-self notebook)

Take care , and keep us updated.

Redd

--------------------
Redd

Posted: April 17, 2005, 5:56 PM
Redd:

I liked that guy, the football player...I wonder what happened to him. I forgot about him until you wrote this. Jack Spatts...It does take what it takes...

Rachel

--------------------
Meditation: It's is not what you think.
post replypost new topic