< prev  post replypost new topic
Healthcare In Us That Covers Suboxone?

Posted: May 2, 2016, 2:45 AM
BHG knoxville, TN charges $200 cash per month for treatment with Suboxone. BlueCross/BlueShield pays for the prescription if you are in Tennessee. They will admit an addict to the program the very first day you call. I got my Suboxone free for 8 months with that insurance. It saved my life. Also, a friend of mine went to Fort Sanders pain clinic (a legitimate pain clinic) and was covered by BlueCross/BlueShield, and got Suboxone. Tennessee is one of the most non-understanding states when it comes to addiction. We're in the Bible Belt. But BC/BS does cover detox and subsequent treatment with Suboxone. Blessings to you. Peace.
penguin

Posted: May 23, 2016, 1:07 PM
I've been on suboxone strips for a few months now & my insurance was covering it I only had to pay $4 copay each month but the Dr doesn't accept my insurance so I'm paying almost $300 a month just for the visit. I went to get my prescription filled Friday & the pharmacist said my insurance has rejected to pay for it because it only covers a certain amount in 180 days I went back to the dr to let them know I couldn't get my script & they said they must need a prior authorization & to ask for an emergency supply well my insurance denied the emergency supply & the girl at the dr office told me to buy some until they get it figured out it costs almost as much at the pharmacy as they do on the street which is ridiculous & I could never afford to pay almost $800 a month for medicine. I just wanted to know if anyone ever had this type of problem before & how long does it usually take to resolve? I only have a few left from what I was able to afford to buy out of pocket & haven't heard anything from my Dr office yet. Will they really just cut you off completely even if you need these strips to function & live a semi-normal life?

Posted: June 4, 2016, 1:05 AM
I just found out that MassHealth does not cover Suboxone at all -unless there is a child under 5 in the home. Once a child ages over 5, all subox coverage stops. This doesn't make sense and I'm not sure why this is how it is here..... Doctors here say this:

More puzzling is that this refusal comes in a state that has the most progressive health care system in the country, one that ensures that virtually every citizen has access to medical care. MassHealth’s refusal to make Suboxone film available to the poorest, most vulnerable people in Massachusetts represents a gaping hole in the safety net.

I don't understand it either- but right now thats the law.
James

Posted: July 27, 2016, 9:40 PM
I have blue advantage here in Littlerock ark I pay $300 month and my employer pays the rest. My co pay on 120. 8mg sub film. $30. For some reason they don't pay my doc visit though. $300 first visit. Come bk in a week at no charge to see how sub is doing. Then come once a month for refill. $240.00 doc out of my pocket. Then $30 for my subs. So much better than blowing all my money to keep from withdraws. I love the subs. I beleave they saving my life. Only been on then 2 weeks now. If I'm not carful I'll be hooked on them too. Please if anyone knows a rememidy to easy off subs too. Please tell me all you know?
matt

Posted: September 27, 2016, 11:07 AM
Doctors normally do not accept insurance to see patients for Suboxone. That has been my experience. You can submit after the fact to your insurance but getting the full amount of money back is a pain. Such a corrupt practice that these doctors care so much to help, but you have to pay them cash even though you are insured and they are in that providers network
Amyl1976

Posted: January 10, 2017, 11:23 PM
Down load goodrx app for coupon
post replypost new topic