< prev  next >  post replypost new topic
King Baby Syndrome

Posted: February 28, 2006, 11:08 AM
Bump

Posted: March 5, 2006, 12:08 PM
bump

--------------------
Somedays it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Posted: March 5, 2006, 2:33 PM
I believe that us codependents can learn a lot from this. I personally feel that our beleif that we can CHANGE our addicts by HELPING them out is a God expression. We can no more change another human being than we can perform miracles or turn water to wine. It seems innocent enough, but it is a misconception that we are their higher power.

Lois

--------------------
'Have faith in God. I tell you this: if anyone says to this mountain, "Be lifted from your place and hurled into the sea", and has no inward doubts, but believes that what he says is happening, it will be done for him. I tell you, then, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it and it will be yours...' Mark 11,vs23-24

Posted: March 6, 2006, 8:41 AM
Bump

Posted: March 28, 2006, 11:12 PM
bump for MARY

--------------------
"When the mind begins to become still, we then begin to truly see it. When you first try to stabilize and pacify the mind, initially it will become very busy because it’s not accustomed to being still. In fact, it doesn’t even necessarily want to become still, but it is essential to get a hold of the mind to recognize its nature. This practice is extremely important. ... Eventually you will find yourself in a state where your mind is clear and open all the time. It is just like when the clouds are removed from the sky and the sun can clearly be seen, shining all the time. This is coming close to the state of liberation, liberation from all traces of suffering. ... The truth of this practice is universal. It isn’t necessary to call it a religion to practice it. Whether one is a Hindu or a Moslem or a Christian or a Buddhist simply doesn’t matter. Anyone can practice this because this is the nature of the mind, the nature of everyone’s mind. If you can get a handle on your mind, and pacify it in this way, you will definitely experience these results, and you will see them in your daily life situation. There is no need to put this into any kind of category, any kind of "ism."

~Venerable Gyatrul Rinpoche

Posted: March 29, 2006, 1:08 AM
bump for lois

Posted: March 29, 2006, 1:18 AM
what a fantastic thread - so much to absorb

bump cause it needs to be bumped.

--------------------
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Matthew 6:27

May the Force be with you.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should just get used to the idea....Robert Heinlein.

You can spend the next 24 hours reaching your true potential or sliding down into your own particular hell. the choice is always yours.

Posted: April 3, 2006, 5:59 AM
bump

Posted: May 6, 2006, 12:47 PM
bump

--------------------
NOTHING CHANGES if NOTHING CHANGES

Posted: May 29, 2006, 5:56 PM
up again

--------------------

Posted: June 27, 2006, 10:31 AM
user posted image

--------------------

Posted: July 20, 2006, 11:42 AM
up

--------------------

Posted: September 13, 2006, 1:33 AM
user posted image

--------------------

Posted: March 28, 2007, 11:52 PM
user posted image

--------------------

Posted: April 8, 2007, 7:24 AM
bumped up for Sherri & whoever else -- this is great reading!

Posted: April 8, 2007, 7:47 PM
Dang we got TWO bears bumping now.

Yep, great stuff.

Posted: April 8, 2007, 8:02 PM
I've read this twice - and got a headache because I see these flaws in myself. I'm soooo busy pointing out flaws in others.

I went to an open AA meeting last week and met the coolest girl and older gentlemen - when I told her I was an alanon member she said that she thought I was brave to come and see the other side, but I told her that I was sicker than anyone there.

On my journey to becoming a whole person God had revealed my own flaws and I am ashamed that I ever judged anyone else - I had no right to judge that is Gods job.

karen

--------------------
Watch your thoughts they become words,
Watch your words they become actions,
Watch your actions they become character,
Watch your character it becomes your destiny.

Posted: April 9, 2007, 8:37 AM
Hi Karen,
It may have already been previously posted but alanon meetings are much better for US.

We all have flaws, that's why we work our own 12 step program. Try to go to alanon & find a sponsor who can work the steps with you. It is a cleansing renewal & a brand new life for you.

Posted: March 15, 2011, 8:09 AM
bump it up

--------------------
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

I am a recovering codependent, and mother of a recently relapsed drug and alcohol addicted (20 year addiction) adult daughter.

Thinking we are in control of anything or anyone else but ourselves is an illusion. And actually we have very little control over what happens to us as well. What will happen will happen. So let go & let God. This is my path to serenity. What happens if we just let go of what we "think" we are controlling? The world keeps on turning and life goes on. I trust that the Lord Jesus will bring me through what He brings me to.

Take what you need & leave the rest.

I sometimes have bad days. That's ok, I used to have bad years.

The Serenity Prayer:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Jesus loves us.

LAFFStore

Posted: November 22, 2013, 7:18 PM
Bravo for this King Baby post! Early in my recovery to letting go of my own pacifier, I loved it when my sponsor would tell me ever so slight of sarcastically, " I'm all I think about ALL day long. I'm exhausted!" I still use that quote at a newcomer meeting occasionally... But my favorite and most resonating saying I ever heard was at my first convention for NA.. "If you spot it.. You got it."
It still reminds me to look for the similarities if my fellow druggies and drunks- Not the differences. UNITY IS A MUST.
post replypost new topic