< prev  post replypost new topic
How?

Posted: January 30, 2012, 1:16 PM
Start date ended up being the 13th. Haven't smoked since then. Just the vapes.

So far, I haven't killed anyone but I'm one mg of nicotine away from hurting something if it says the wrong thing.

I'm ok.

I can do this.

--------------------
I used Drugs to forget, I got clean to remember.

Posted: January 30, 2012, 1:33 PM
Pretty good stuff, right? Much better than the mall one, I'll bet. Get a higher mg cartridge...then just wean down. You can even vape in the house and not have to go out in the cold to get your fix <beg> Keep it up...it's been over a year for me...hard to believe.

--------------------
You will not change what you are willing to tolerate.

user posted image

Posted: January 31, 2012, 12:04 PM
I'm hanging in there. I tried to wean down too fast. I'm ok at where I am now. 14mgs I think...I have to go look. It is so much better. No more tinky hair and I can do this in the house which makes my husband laugh.

--------------------

Posted: February 1, 2012, 3:12 PM
Lisa,
I worked the steps on the cigarettes. Its worked so far.?? AA people all thought I was crazy at first. They obviously didn't believe me. LOL! Well the cigarettes got me to walk in the door. But the people helped me to stay, and I am so glad. I know your already in a program right? Just work the steps again ... Just a suggestion :)

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: February 2, 2012, 2:45 PM
I try to incorporate the steps in most things in my life Jane. It's so ingrained in me, along with the serenity prayer, that I just automatically apply it to everything. At least I try too. I'm not perfect at it by any means otherwise I would have quit smoking years ago. If it worked for you, it can work for me..so thanks for the encouragment.

I did smoke yesterday. Not even sure why. Wasnt' craving, just thought, no one will know. Well here's me telling on myself. Staying accountable. Today's a clean slate, I start over.

I swear to God that this is so much harder than quitting pills. Seriously. It's like I'm defiant about it. What's up with that? Anyway, bad mood this morning. Ex DIL is making me crazy. Trying to 12 step that situation as well. It's either that or I fly up there and snatch her bald headed.

--------------------

Posted: February 2, 2012, 3:28 PM
Why is it harder? Because you like it and really don't want to quit...pretty simple. However, you KNOW you must quit to stay healthy. Plus you have some resentment about not being able to do anything in moderation...same for me...I'm just not that girl. With me it's always 'go big or go home'.

--------------------

user posted image

Posted: February 7, 2012, 2:02 PM
Geesh, you are so right. Go big or go home. Should be my motto when it comes to substance abuse. I do everything in the extreme! I don't even know what moderation is. If I find a food I like? It's all I will eat for months. Day in, day out until I get sick of it. Find a cereal? It's all I will buy..so many boxes because I'm afraid the store will run out. Sick. I'm exercizing again. Started at the gym yesterday..today I am so sore but I'm going back every day because this is what I do. I swear I'm going to hurt myself. My poor husband just wishes that sex would become something I didn't do in moderation...good luck with that one.

I do like to smoke. I hate it when I'm told I can't. Or shouldn't. I was smoking on the sidewalk one time and an older gentleman stopped and said, those things will kill you. I said, so will not minding your own business...see? Defiant. I should have said, you are so right and I want to quit. Instead, I went on defense and in a way, threatend to kill him. Wow.

I really am a nice person.

--------------------

Posted: February 7, 2012, 4:19 PM
LOL! I can sooo relate.

Posted: February 7, 2012, 8:37 PM
My father said the same to me when he was literally dying from coronary heart disease. I took him out to the patio at the nursing home (euphemistically called a 'rehabilitation center') for a wheel in his chair...they had a smoking area, which I did not visit despite still being a smoker...I just could not listen to his chest rattle and still fire one up...waited till I got in the car and smoked all the way home. Moderation is not my long suit either.

I am very happy today to be a non-smoker...very happy.

--------------------

user posted image

Posted: February 9, 2012, 1:39 PM
After posting to Jessi on her thread, I wanted to smoke. Sigh. So I got my vape out of my purse and tried to take a long drag on it. It's broken. It won't work. It's charged, has a new filter and still won't work. The end lights up, but no vapor. ARRRRRG.

Ok, now I'm getting in the shower and getting the hell out of here.

--------------------

Posted: February 9, 2012, 9:38 PM
It may be the cartridge, sometimes they don't connect. there's a 45 day guarantee and they'll replace it. Also, the battery from your older mall version should work with your carts. I have like 10 batteries just in case. Get yourself a USB pass-through, they last forever and can be used while sitting at your computer.

--------------------

user posted image

Posted: February 10, 2012, 12:39 PM
That's the kind I have..the USB one that charges through my computer. It's called Smoke Assist. It's funny too because right after I got off the board, the Smoke Assist people (salespeople) called to try and sell me thier new and improved version...talk about timing. Anyway, I talked them into swapping this one out for the new one. Luckily, Jake has these inhalers that the dr gave him and he quit 6 days ago and isn't using them anymore. I'll use those until my new one gets here. Yep, I smoked in between all of this. I suck. The inhalers give you the nictotine hit but not the sensation of smoking. Made me all anxious and s***. A good work out helped that and then I stayed busy all afternoon.

I need so badly to make this a non issue. It's too big in my thought process as I go through the day.

--------------------
post replypost new topic