Pie Chart Analogy As It Relates To Recovery

Posted: October 29, 2012, 9:32 PM
Wow. Blast from the past. RIP Sammy. Namaste'

--------------------
Link to my new blog

Posted: October 29, 2012, 11:56 PM
oo.sad,I miss her so.sweet sammy.sad

--------------------
just remember we are here to hold your hand..

Posted: October 30, 2012, 1:42 PM
R.I.P. Denise.

You are sorely missed, my friend.

Namaste~

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.

Posted: October 30, 2012, 11:32 PM
I saw "dsam" and my heart gave a little tug...*sigh*. Gotta say, I did not see that one coming when it hit...powerful, baffling, cunning...G'night Sammy. xo

--------------------
You will not change what you are willing to tolerate.

user posted image

Posted: October 31, 2012, 8:28 AM
what a great visual to put things in perspective. Thanks for sharing that.

--------------------
Things do not change we do.
Henry David Thoreau

Posted: November 2, 2012, 12:28 PM
All of her threads should be bumped up for the newcomers.

I sure miss her.

She's watching all of us though..I just know it.

--------------------
I used Drugs to forget, I got clean to remember.

Posted: November 3, 2012, 5:15 PM
I have met or spoken to a lot of addicts in my life. Denise was special.

So bright and very very missed to many.

Jeff

--------------------
It is Just Not worth it.

"Inside every older person is a younger person
wondering what the puck happened."

One Day At A Time

Posted: February 19, 2014, 5:17 PM
Now I just want some of that PIE...The piece at the end....Love this post

Posted: July 27, 2014, 1:06 PM
Hey hey everyone

Hope all are well and drug free. Im down to 13ml not long now before the pain and withdrawal is at my door. Im ready and cant wait to get out of (methadone jail) and hope that i can help others whom have become under satans spell. DEVILLLL DRUG. PIE charts looks exactly my life right now starting at the top. Ill keep posting and posting throughout my detox more so when im at 5ml.

Good luck to all wish yas well
Suspect

--------------------
GOD SAVE BASS GENERATOR records.

Posted: July 28, 2014, 8:21 PM
thanks for the great write up!

Posted: March 31, 2015, 7:19 PM
This has helped me to understand more what the man I am dating is going through. He is just over a year sober, we met when he was 6 months sober. Thank you so much for this. It really has illuminated things for me.

Posted: April 2, 2015, 2:09 PM
Sammy, you sure are missed. I hope to meet you in the world to come.

Love Harry

--------------------
No matter what right you did or what wrong you didn't do: When you're the black sheep, all blame belongs to you

Posted: April 2, 2015, 9:24 PM
Good to see you Harry, hope all is well with you. Sammy was a beacon and her loss is felt. Things looked so bright for her...it can happen to anyone...a little slip, a little backslide...God rest her precious soul.

Posted: April 3, 2015, 11:27 PM
Harry,
You are getting older and although in good health, your body may not be able to take another detox/relapse. Too many here have died thinking "Just one more". I don't want that to happen to you.
You know how I feel about 12 step programs. No reason you can't do meetings and counseling. There are people at the meetings who are on Sub and are welcomed with open arms. Surround yourself in as much recovery as possible.
What was your discharge instructions? Did they recommend 12 step programs, Some type of support group? There are many meetings all over and at different times. Keep going until you find one you like and find someone you can relate too.
From going to meetings and being on this board,- those who go to meetings on a regular basis stay clean.
Surrender completely that you can not use any mind or mood altering substance successfully.
We are rooting for you Harry.

Posted: December 1, 2015, 6:51 PM
This pie chart is really dot on.. I am 4 weeks clean and struggling each and every day. I am trying hard to fill that empty area with things. I feel that one of my hardest parts to do so is.. I am a stay at home mom, a full time online student and my hubby works out of town 4-5 days out of the week.. So for me, it helped with depression, loneliness, and everything else.. Not making excuses but I feel that's why I kept taking pain pills.

Posted: July 4, 2016, 11:16 AM
Beautiful! Perfectly explained. The second pie chart show why relapse is so common. The addiction is the whole life, every minute of the day is focused on the addiction.

Then, quit, cold turkey. Now there are 24 hours of the day that the addict can not fill with the usual behavior. Of course it looks pathetic from the outsider.

the addict HAS to fill the time with recovery, until the body and brain catch up to the fact that they have quit using drugs.

The physical body has to catch up too. Years of drug/chemical exposure has altered all of how the body works and functions on the inside. If it took 5 years to do damage to your body and flow of your brain, it will take years for your body to recover itself.

Impossible for us to think an addict can just snap back to normal in a few days, weeks, months.

Posted: October 22, 2016, 9:44 AM
hey guys

sammy seemed like a wonderful perosn.

May i please know what happened to her-how she passed away?

Posted: October 24, 2016, 6:35 AM
Thank you so much Sammy! Very powerful visual. I want my chart to look like that last one

This post has been edited by moderator on October 24, 2016, 8:58 AM

Posted: December 1, 2016, 6:55 PM
SoberTurtle~

Sammy relapsed after 10 years clean and couldn't find her way back. She was such a beacon of life here and out in the world . She had medical issues come up and with that, pain pills reentered her life. Then the addiction was awoke and she went into a full relapse. She died in her sleep of an overdose, she was hugging her daughter (late teens) and when her daughter woke up, her Mom and light of her life, was gone.

Addiction and alcoholism is a progressive, fatal disease that does not discriminate and I know Denise would not mind me sharing this if it saves just one life, if it stops just one person from picking up that first drink or pill that leads to that relapse. It's just not worth it, it can and does kill us.

Namaste, my beautiful friend, I will see you on the other side, Denise. I think of you often. Smooches~

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.

Posted: December 1, 2016, 11:00 PM
Sammy was a beacon...what a dreadful disease...she is still missed. I think of those we've lost here...BunnyRocker's man, Jazwan's man, Sherri's son, maybe a dozen in my time here. But I did not see that one coming...

Peace, Sammy...

--------------------
You will not change what you are willing to tolerate.

user posted image
post replypost new topic