post replypost new topic
Please Pray

Posted: February 18, 2013, 2:10 AM
Starting to get that "sick" feeling in the pit of my stomach that things aren't right for my son. I sure HOPE I'm wrong. Please pray that if I'm right, he seeks help. Thanks so much!

Love,
Susan

--------------------
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attributed)

"If you think you are too small to make a difference, you have never been in bed with a mosquito." Anita Roddick

Posted: February 18, 2013, 6:55 AM
Susan,
Prayers sent for you and your son.

Posted: February 18, 2013, 12:13 PM
Prayers said for you, Susan.

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.

Posted: February 18, 2013, 12:46 PM
Prayers for your sweet son Susan..let him go and let God step in. Sometimes falls can lead to good things...I'm sure hoping and praying that for my son. Take care of you in the process..
Your a wonderful person Susan.

--------------------
All things are possible through God.
Ask and you shall receive
Seek and you shall find
Knock and the door shall be opened unto you

When you pray, you activate God's power.
Every time you pray something happens!
The faithless are like an empty vessel and are more vulnerable to events that are out of their control.
Pray at stop lights.
Without faith it is impossible to please Him.
When you pray, pray for His will.
God is Good............all the time!!!!!

Posted: February 18, 2013, 7:31 PM
i always feel ill when i see someone post like this. i want all of these people to stay clean and sober but i know that when i get that gut feeling it is usually right on, i hope you are wrong

Posted: February 19, 2013, 12:31 AM
I'm always keeping Harry in my prayers. "Do not let your heart be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me." John 14:1. May you find peace, Susan - hugs to you.

Blessing,

Diane

--------------------
"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

Posted: February 19, 2013, 12:51 AM
Thanks so much for your prayers and responses. I gave him a ride to his work today and he looked better than he did yesterday. He also had me stop to get his anti-depressant refilled because he only had 1/2 of one left....something he doesn't care about when he's using....so maybe I'm wrong....I HOPE!!!! One day at a time!

Please keep those wonderful prayers coming. You are always in mine because I know too well the heartache.

Love,
Susan

--------------------
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attributed)

"If you think you are too small to make a difference, you have never been in bed with a mosquito." Anita Roddick

Posted: February 19, 2013, 10:30 PM
Dear Susan,
Usually when you get that 'sick gut' feeling about an addict...9 times out of 10 that 'red flag' is alerting us that something is wrong beneath the surface of appearances. Susan i don't if you remeber me but i was on this forum about 3 or 4 years back and you express the same feelings about your son (is it Harry?) then and it oft times led to finding out your son was in fact using despite what he have you think otherwise.

After all this time i am sorry to see that you are still struggling as is your son.
May God bless you and he
:)MARY

Posted: February 19, 2013, 11:54 PM
You always have my prayers, Susan, as does Harry. "Give her to God" was the most concise and heartfelt advice I ever got from anyone...the man who offered it was a long time heroin addict and alcoholic who currently has 20+ years solid recovery. I'm glad I listened, it was the only thing that brought peace and recovery to both of us. I hope it does the same for you.

Peace ~ M&M xo

--------------------
You will not change what you are willing to tolerate.

user posted image

Posted: February 22, 2013, 1:58 AM
Thanks for your responses, advice, and most of all your prayers. I haven't seen any other signs...just taking one day at a time and praying he's safe IF he is doing anything.

Love,
Susan

--------------------

post replypost new topic