next >  post replypost new topic
New To This Board.

Posted: March 16, 2012, 11:07 AM
Hello all, I am new to this board but im a long time PT. to MMT, 1-3-12 was my 10 yr anniversary in treatment. I truly believe that getting on the methadone saved my life, i have been able to do so much in my life since i started, things that i know i would have never done if i were still illicitly using drugs. I live in KY but attend a clinic in IN, its 30 mins from my home which is not bad at all considering there are people who drive hours to get to the clinic.In my 10 yrs of being in treatment i have never missed one day , ( i know ,hard to believe but true)I Have only had 1 bad ua due to my being stupid and i relapsed which at that time i had 2 wk take homes but because of the illicit ua i lost all my take homes. I am going daily even Sunday right now.i thought i would be starting all over and have to come everyday for months before even getting 1 TH back , but my counselor was able too help and ill be getting my TH's reinstated very soon after i complete a few different groups and a couple of other things.I guess i got lucky because other pt's say that ounce they take away your th's your lucky to ever earn them back. i guess every case is different.believe me, after 10 yrs i have heard a million stories about mmt, good and bad and those who just dont know what there talking about, lol! well for me, for the most part ive had nothing but good experiences at my clinic and i will continue to go until i feel its time and im 100% positive that im ready to start detox. well thank you for taking the time to read my post, and im sure ill continue to keep posting.

Posted: March 16, 2012, 7:07 PM
Welcome
Hope you hang around- Post away***

No time now, but Im here all the time

best
jack

--------------------
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."
— Hunter S. Thompson[COLOR=blue]
shel39

Posted: March 16, 2012, 8:58 PM
thank you for the welcome, its nice to have a place to go where others can relate to you and what your going through.im always afraid of talking openly to people about my being on methadone for the the fear ill be and have been discriminated against, i cant tell you how many times ive been told that im just trading one drug for another and so many other negative comments,so i just bottle it all up,i know that is unhealthy and lately well the past 2 mos, i have been suffering with severe depression,anxiety and panic attacks.i have a history of these things but never this bad.i went to the dr. and was put on effexor and klonopin. i know the klonopin is a benzo and will show up on my ua's which is fine cuz my dr. knows im in mmt, my big concern is the effexor, i have heard that it can show up as false-possitive and when my mom was in mmt it showed that she was taking cocaine! and honestly she has never touched cocaine, does anyone know anything of this? or heard of this happening? any advice is much appreciated.

Posted: March 19, 2012, 8:26 AM
I think we go to the same clinic EITC? It's a good clinic you get out what you put in it. I'm in Ohio but, drive to lawrensburg, Indiana about 45mins each way. I get my 2 week takes homes but, I go to group every week.

This post has been edited by zerogirl77 on March 19, 2012, 8:27 AM

--------------------

The junk merchant doesn't sell his product to the consumer, he sells the consumer to the product. He does not improve and simplify his merchandise. He degrades and simplifies the client.

Posted: March 19, 2012, 12:17 PM
Yes, that is the clinic i go too, its so nice to have those take homes! im working on getting my i week back.I have done really well in the 10 yrs i have been going until recently, i messed up and i lost my take homes but i will have them back alot sooner than i thought. ;)

Posted: March 20, 2012, 8:14 AM
I thought it was the same clinic :) Anyhow I go to the "inner you" group 2pm on thursdays i like the group, i've been going to it 18 months now or more. We have a little group of regulars. It's ran by the counslor Shanae. I was never a fan of groups or AA/NA but, I do like this group. I know exactly what you mean about talking openly about being on methadone YES, people judge and don't understand it. You have to stand up for yourself and your recovery when it comes to methadone. I first started posting on this board "heroin board" in 2005 it has helped so very much. It is nice to have people who can relate and give advice and support and you know they have went through the same issues.

This post has been edited by zerogirl77 on March 20, 2012, 8:18 AM

--------------------

The junk merchant doesn't sell his product to the consumer, he sells the consumer to the product. He does not improve and simplify his merchandise. He degrades and simplifies the client.

Posted: March 20, 2012, 1:41 PM
I also have never been a fan of AA /NA groups but i really want to find a group that i like that i can attend regularly. i feel i need more than just the methadone for my recovery, and especially since im going through this depression i believe it would help. i think im going through "empty nest syndrome" my youngest son is 18 and has just recently left home and its really affecting me, my oldest son he is 21 is still living at home and going to college and working and my 19yr old daughter took off too do her thing and im just feeling empty and lost, its like, ok what do i do now? im not even 40 and my kids are grown. i find myself wanting a baby but my husband says hell no! lol!plus id have to detox if i did decide to get pregnant and im not ready to do that. idk im sure ill find something , well sorry for rambling on,i just dont have many people to talk to anymore.

Posted: March 21, 2012, 8:12 AM
The methadone is great but, it is not a FIX ALL.... it works better with groups, support, and a good counslor. My kids are 16, 14, and 5. I'm 34 I do worry about the day when they are all gone. We spend so much of our lives being Mommy/Daddy it has to be a huge change when the kids are not as dependent on us. You should try out the "inner you" group if it's not for you so be it.... they also have a "womens group" your counslor should be able to advice a group that may help you. I think we still have a "greif group" that deals with depression.

--------------------

Posted: March 21, 2012, 12:30 PM
yeah, im seriously thinking about trying the inner you group, im just not sure what day and time id be able to go yet, im a CNA and i work for an agency so i dont have a set schedule for work. ill figure something out, i have to do something. do you happen to know if those vitamins, vitadone work? i cant stand sweating constantly even if its cold out! and i have gained so much weight since i started mmt and i cant loose more than 10 lbs its awful. i dont even eat much but i cant loose weight.

Posted: March 21, 2012, 7:14 PM
I'm in the nursing feild also. I work for a home health agency. We have a RN in the "inner you" group and a STNA but, both are currently not working in the feild but, I am. I do mostly elderly and hospice care. I Love my job, I never pick up a thursday 2pm shift I make sure that's open for group. The vitadone HELPs alot I take 2 pills a day bottle says 3 a day I think 2 is enough. You can buy the vitadone right at the med window something like 27-29 dollars a bottle 90 pills. I have not lost any weight with them they do 4 sure HELP with sweating, low sex drive, Constipation things like that.

This post has been edited by zerogirl77 on March 21, 2012, 7:20 PM

--------------------

Posted: March 23, 2012, 12:26 PM
when i went to the clinic this morning, i was shocked and saddened to find out that one of best nurses we have died suddenly yesterday, it really makes you stop and think just how precious life is when something like this happens and everyday is a blessing and should never be taken for granted. this is all i can think about today, it really hit me hard even though i i only knew her from the clinic, she was so sweet and kind and you could tell she really cared about the pts. she always had a smile and something nice to say, i was always happy when i got to go to her window.i know she will be greatly missed.

Posted: March 24, 2012, 10:50 AM
well im very happy to have earned my sunday take home home back, it really makes you think when you loose ur take homes but i believe that everything happens for a reason, i will have my 1 week back the 3rd week of april which is great cuz im planning a vacation to go back home to oregon for a week im so excited to go, i cant wait, im considering moving back there, oregon is such a beautiful state and so clean, alot different from kentucky.

Posted: March 27, 2012, 8:16 AM
I think everyone at the clinic liked the nurse "L" who died :( . It was awful and very sudden. From what I heard they don't know why..her husband was waking her up for work she was on the couch he found her dead. She was one of the better nurses always smiling too. She will be missed for sure.

--------------------

Posted: March 29, 2012, 12:20 PM
Welcome she139,
I am glad you found our methadone board,it hasnt been here very long and was needed just for folks like yourself. Sorry bout your one slip up,it happens to the best of us although a bit off as you had been clean for so many years. The clinics protocol will surely make you think twice about doing that again...going every day is a pain but you have to "earn" the privelidge of getting those takehomes. I have 13 takehomes,we can have 15,but it would change the pickup day I have had for many years. I also got involved with advocacy for methadone. Have you considered that?? You say you dont like the way people judge you when they find out you are on methadone. Fight to change that!! My husband and I are the only 2 patient advocates at our clinic here in California. Our clinic is one of 25 clinics throughout California. They established what is called P.A.A.G. or Patient Advocate and Advisory Group. They work with agencies all over such as schools,police departments, & judges trying to educate the people who are so against the use of methadone. It might be just the thing you need to help you, with wrestling with yourself whether it is a good medicine or not and to help with the empty nest issue.
I recently took in my 2 oldest grandchildren,14 year old twins because their parents are not able to deal with raising their kids right now. I dont mind actually it keeps me busy too,but before they came home I wanted to be doing something productive with my time and methadone seemed to be the right thing. It does so much good for so many.
Well, I need to get my granddaughter going in school. Glad you found us and keep coming back.
Granny23

--------------------
I NEVER KNEW HOW MUCH LOVE MY HEART COULD HOLD UNTIL SOMEONE CALLED ME GRANDMA.

STOP AND LISTEN TO THE BIRDS SINGING IN THE TREES. WHEN THE BIRDS ARE SINGING EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS OK.[FONT=Courier][FONT=Arial]

Posted: April 3, 2012, 12:49 PM
Thank you for the welcome granny 2 3, yes its nice for those on mmt to have a place to vent and talk to others who can totally relate to what we are going through. I know it does seem off that after years of being clean except for the M Done that i relapsed, usually people relapse in the beginning, well leave it to me to do things backwards lol! story of my life! and the reason i relapsed was me being so dumb, ok, believe it or not i was not even trying to get high i knew that i wouldnt cuz the m done blocks that and i knew that. what happend was, i was in so much pain and i mean pain worse than having my babies,seriously! i had several teeth that were infected and abcessed they were broke off down to the gum and from not having insurance and letting it go so long these teeth became severely infected and i was very sick cuz of it, so instead of going to the ER like i should have i was given oc 40's by someone. and you know what? it did not help! so 3 days later i was due to go to the clinic and get my 2 week TH's and they did a random UA , and a week later i got a phone call from my counselor to come in and i lost my TH's, well i ended up at the ER anyway cuz i needed antibiotics and the ibuprofen 800 they gave me worked a hell of alot better than the oc's! boy did i learn a lesson,it was not worth it at all. plus i got so down on myself for staying clean for so long and i was proud of myself and then i went and did something stupid like that. well im doing good now im going to groups and im working on earning my TH's back.i still have alot of dental work to get done but this time im going to do it the right way!
survivor

Posted: April 7, 2012, 2:16 AM
is there anyone out there who wants to talk about methadone???? text me if u do?

Posted: April 8, 2012, 5:14 PM
The methadone board was added to this website for a reason...to give people on methadone a place to come and chat and for addicts,possibly considering methadone as a way to end their addiction to opiates, wanting to have their questions answered,to talk the truth about methadone.
Any questions,concerns,comments,rants,raves,likes,dislikes,success stories...we are all ears.

Patients who are on methadone or those folks considering it need a place to come to learn about all the good things about methadone. There are those who don't like methadone and that is their right. For those of us whose life it saved ,we feel very strongly about all the bad things that have been or are being said about it. Its all about education.
Going on a methadone maintenance program is a very personal choice and we dont want anyones detrimental opinions to interfere with that decision. The decision to go on methadone needs to be made only after careful consideration of all the facts,the correct facts, not all the "lobby doctors wives tales" and lies. There are so many myths surrounding methadone and we are always trying to debunk those myths.
So if there is anyone out there looking for truthful,honest answers to questions regarding methadone please ask away.

This post has been edited by Granny2 3 on April 8, 2012, 5:15 PM

--------------------

STOP AND LISTEN TO THE BIRDS SINGING IN THE TREES. WHEN THE BIRDS ARE SINGING EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS OK.[FONT=Courier][FONT=Arial]

Posted: April 8, 2012, 6:02 PM
I liked your post very very much.I have been on MM for alittle over a year.It took me a very long time to decide to even sign up for the waiting list.For me methodone was a risky choice.I use to love getting high on them.So I wanted to make sure I thought long and hard as to my reasons WHY I wanted to get into a program...So after much REAL soul searching..I got on the waiting list...2 mths later I started my first dose.
Like you I credit the methodone for helping me gain my life back.I havent felt this good,this normal in over 20 years (Im 44)
However I do notice how just the word methodone can be taboo.People alot of them seem to think that methodone is just another way to keep us high.My own mother thought that and was so against my going on it.

Well here it is 1 + year later and my mom finally has said something to me...well it made my recovery more meaningful for me.
I guess she had said to her DR (who USED TO be my Dr)how much better I look and just how much better I seem all the way around.When she said that to me......it meant the world and helped break down alot of walls my mom and me had built up through my addiction.
She told me she had to see for herselfd.See how Im not all high or strung out,how I dont look hollowed eyed etc.....She didnt come out and say it....but she sounded so proud of me......It feels very nice.

So even though methodone can and is a strong strong drug,used the correct way...helps people reclaim thier lives.I know for me....it has helped me to help myself
mollyjean

Posted: April 11, 2012, 5:19 PM
Hey Mollyjean,
Your post is exactly why this board for methadone was added. We need more people like yourself to tell their stories of success being on methadone. The stigma (gosh I HATE that word) attached to being on methadone has been following it around for years and years and so much if not all of the bad stuff is so untrue.
You mentioned your moms comment on how much better you are (after her not being very supportive of you being on the program)..Its is so funny to me because years ago there were people in my life that were so against methadone.Some were recovering addicts themselves,choosing instead total abstinance thru NA or other means and some well meaning uninformed relatives. Imagine their surprise to find after years of being clean and doing well (and hearing the same compliments..."Oh you look so good!" & " it's great to be free from addiction isn't it??"..."there is life after drugs" and so on,or to listen to them talk all the crap about how bad methadone is, how "drugged out" people on methadone look,how it doesn't work or how we are exchanging one drug for another) to then see the look of complete shock on their face to find out that the reason I am still standing in front of them to begin with is because I was on methadone? I love it!! Most I tell, If I hadnt told you,you wouldnt have even known I was on methadone.
Continue to do well......You can only get better.
Granny

This post has been edited by Granny2 3 on April 11, 2012, 5:21 PM

--------------------

Posted: April 13, 2012, 12:01 PM
hello all, maybe someone could give me some information on a problem im having, ok, i have been on the same dose of my methadone now for 9yrs. well lately i have noticed a difference in how i feel especially in the late evening and morning before i dose, it feel like my dose is not holding me for 24 hrs, is it possible that i could need an increase? i just dont understand, ive been fine for years and now i dont feel right, im not sleeping well , waking every hour and in the morning im sneezing my head off and having muscle cramps and other symptoms, idk its strange. has anyone else had this happen? any comments and info is appreciated.
post replypost new topic