post replypost new topic
Kicking Suboxone Cold Turkey
Amy

Posted: June 25, 2016, 10:05 PM
I have been off of Suboxone for 84 days:) I was prescribed it for almost six years, tired of being a slave to a medication!! I did it "Cold Turkey" I was actually taking the generic bupranorphine 2 full ones a day, sometimes a little more.
I believe it was 16mg a day. I researched a lot before I made my mind up to do it the way I did. I know my way is not for everyone. I learned that Suboxone is a sticky drug and it also has a ceiling affect ( so as I understand it there is really no low dose) although from what I have heard from others experience when tapering they had withdrawal symptoms. That was my deciding factor to just stop all together.
I did go to a medical detox for the first week to make sure I was safe doing so, only med prescribed to help was clonidine which did take the edge off... It wasn't the easiest thing I have done this far in my life, in fact it was not fun what so ever BUT well worth it!!! I felt pretty crappy for about 22days but in reality what is 22 days opposed to the rest of my life? Nada;) I had to just keep telling my self tomorrow will be easier, each day!
God was for sure my strength! If you want to do it it CAN be done. My advice, for what it is worth talk to your regular MD and let them know what you are doing ( sure that is a different Dr. Than the prescribing Dr. for Suboxone) I chose to red flag my self as an addict, to make sure I didn't get myself in another big mess with another prescription, but you will more than likely need something to help you sleep. That and fatigue were the worst part for me. But every day after 22ish I felt better and better;) The old me that I haven't seen in a long long time, as I abused Oxy for a a couple years prior to the Suboxone, so close to a decade in a damn fog! Lesson learned and as long as I live will NEVER touch another opiate that I will guarantee!!! That s#!+ is the devil!!! If You are ready to be free you CAN DO IT!! Good Luck and God Bless

***Please do not post personal contact info. thank you, the moderators***

This post has been edited by moderator on June 26, 2016, 5:18 PM

Posted: July 6, 2016, 9:17 PM
Amy Thanks for your post i am fixing to detox off 16mg a day I can relate Suboxne sucks the life out of you and it is time to quit. Thanks Again
post replypost new topic