< prev  next >  post replypost new topic
Rehab

Posted: September 19, 2012, 5:22 AM
Hang in there Adam. please ..you can do this. we are all rooting for you to get well.hugs

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need

Posted: September 20, 2012, 10:55 AM
Has anyone heard from Adam?

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.

Posted: September 20, 2012, 11:19 AM
I provided him with the name and number of a rehab organization with proven success nearby where I could even visit him up there. He has declined and did not make the call, opting for the perceived easier and softer way, apparently.

--------------------

Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservation.

Posted: September 20, 2012, 12:23 PM
You're a good person, SKG. (((hugs)))

Damn shame. I was up last night, couldn't sleep and his name crossed my mind more than once, I had a feeling he was in a very black place. I hope he doesn't die doing it his way this time.

sigh

--------------------

Posted: September 20, 2012, 11:04 PM
Hey you guys, I'm still here and I'm going to treatment, just weighing my options one LAST time :-/ Trying to go withmy gut on this one, but my gut is dormant mostly. Still, making a decision here soon. At a certain point I have no choice. Either go somewhere, anywhere, or I'm out on my a** again. Don't wanna be couch surfin again and know that itll not end well if that happens, so I'm gonna makea decision soon. I'm so used to police and others telling me what to do, hard to own my own decision for once, ya know...workinn on it though.

Posted: September 21, 2012, 8:10 AM
Dods, I don't even get why this is something that requires a 'decision'...seems like a no-brainer to me. When I read that I thought, "Adam is 'deciding' whether or not he wants to die"...I hope you choose life this time.

Peace ~ M&M

--------------------
You will not change what you are willing to tolerate.

user posted image

Posted: September 21, 2012, 9:05 AM
I thought the same thing mom

--------------------

Posted: September 21, 2012, 9:23 AM
Mom- I'm over it, really. My indecision will just keep me drunk. Although, I am keeping my BAC at a level for sanity's sake. Like I told SKG-goin with Pasadena Recovery Center, the only place that registers with my gut.

Be good...

Dods xoxo

Posted: September 21, 2012, 9:24 AM
An Indiana boy in LA...that should be a culture shock :-/

Posted: September 21, 2012, 9:48 AM
The further from the last consequence, the less likely anything will happen. Have you booked the flight? Called the center for arrival pickup? Talked to Intern? And since when does "maintaining BAC" and "making good decisions" come from the same place?

Actions, Dods, 'cause this is a thinking disease, and when I was out there doing the deal, I was the smartest MF-er on the planet--nobody could tell me anything. I learned I was either going to save my a** or save my face and I couldn't do both at the same time. Call the number I gave you and talk to them (don't try to manipulate). They're willing to help, but you have to muster up some humility.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting diferent results. All the while I was making plans, people were judging me by my actions. Seems unfair, but there it is. Talk talk or walk walk.

This post has been edited by skg on September 21, 2012, 10:00 AM

--------------------

Posted: September 21, 2012, 10:18 AM
Dawn4NA posted this on another forum:
My sponsor told me when you become aware there is a solution to your problem/s, you are no longer a victim, you are a willing participant.

--------------------

Posted: September 21, 2012, 10:43 AM
Skg- had to laugh at your post, because the truths in it are so funny...although, I've detoxed while flying across country and I intend to avoid that again if possible...call it half-measures if u want, but I just call it practical. Ok, I'll call that number right now, in fact...

Posted: September 21, 2012, 11:06 AM
Just talked to the folks there...does everybody in Alabama talk fast? Jeeze, lol. Guy was real nice...sounded fairly reasonable- 28 days, and then 2 month facility...

Posted: September 21, 2012, 11:57 AM
Take it, Adam. What's 3 months? Seriously?

If it doesn't work out, you can always go back to where you came from but 90 days with the hope you might live, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

--------------------

Posted: September 21, 2012, 12:08 PM
Skg, it's scary how much we think alike...I *just* came here to repost Dawn's exact quote...it is SO spot-on and concise.

--------------------
You will not change what you are willing to tolerate.

user posted image

Posted: September 21, 2012, 12:32 PM
Think I'm going with Pasadena Recovery Center...have a gut feeling about it. 60 days minimum for me they said, which is what I need. They have stellar staff and the accommodations are very basic, which suits me. And, it's really reasonable as far as price...Talked to an intake lady today; she was very cool. I'm very comfortable with this choice...it's all the same really, kinda like the idea too of being 3,500 miles away from my heroin sources and everything I know. I get 60 days for the price of one month at most other places I've looked into. Kinda excited! Looking forward to being in a place where I can stop drinking whiskey 24hrs/day, cause it's killing me I think. Not looking forward to the detox before the detox, that 4hr plane ride will suck, but it'll be worth it.

Posted: September 21, 2012, 12:51 PM
Hey there Adam. so glad to see that you are taking the action needed if you are to recover. I pray this will be the answer for you cause the way I see it Adam you are running out of options and I would hate to know that you didn't give yourself the chance YOU DESERVE. I hope you will be able to keep in contact with us some way or another....maybe through Shane? ??.. we all care a lot about you and it would be nice to know how you are doing.... . You made this ol gal happy today by knowing that you are FINALLY gonna fight back at this disease.Stick to it and face it head on..You have nothing to fear... Recovery won't kill you but your addiction will. love ya bud. sending you support and big hugs...

--------------------

Posted: September 21, 2012, 1:46 PM
"Frothy emotional appeal seldom suffices.." From xxviii of the BB.

I left you a VM but it's not necessary to call back. I talked to the guy that works Intake at Bradford--he's one of us. You know the stakes--and where ever you choose, you're going to be taking Adam with you. Take a good, deep, rigorously honest look at yourself: Are you willing to take suggestions and make the changes necessary?

"Honesty, openmindedness and willingness--but these are key..."

--------------------

Posted: September 24, 2012, 11:17 AM
Sitting in Denver airport waiting for my connection...reason #79 to quit drinking: traveling sick sucks! Anyways, hope u guys all are well. I'll check in when I can and see how everyone is doing.

Posted: September 24, 2012, 11:29 AM
Right on, Adam. I am so glad to see you going......

((((hugs)))))

Stacey

ps. You never have to do this again, let this be your last time.

--------------------
post replypost new topic