post replypost new topic
Manipulation Or Is He Starting To Think?

Posted: February 14, 2013, 11:14 PM
I wrote the rambling crash of my marriage below here. My question is this, I spoke with the deputy that accompanied him on the property to get his personal things. He told me my hubby was asking what to do to fix things, they spoke about different councilors etc. BUT, I checked his phone, the minute he was away from the deputy he was dialing up his drug people. So may I ask, does that mean he's startIng to have regrets? Or what?

This post has been edited by MamaJoe on February 14, 2013, 11:15 PM

Posted: February 15, 2013, 12:57 AM
Think with your head and not with your heart. Go back and read yesturdays post you wrote. Do you really want to go through this cycle over and over and over again If he was ready to stop, he wouldn't be calling his drug dealer, he would be calling a rehab. He is going to tell you everything you want to hear. Don't believe anything until he starts doing what he says he will. You give an inch and he will take a mile. Like it was mentioned-start saving what things you can for YOU.

Posted: February 15, 2013, 4:53 AM
He didn't say it to me. He said it to the Sheriff. I don't expect a 'sudden' turn around. I'm just wondering if he could be starting to think 'holy s***, what have I done' - oh I'm protecting myself, I've been packing and am emptying out the house into a storage unit, he's been completely cut off financially,shut off his cell phone, etc. I know I need to move forward, it's just hell.

Posted: February 15, 2013, 10:25 AM
you checked his phone? hmm

Posted: February 15, 2013, 6:09 PM
I didn't have the phone, he has it, I checked to see who he called online, the phone bill is in my name. When he was calling the druggies, I shut it off.

Now today I was gone an hour and a half, he came in and took food, laundry soap, a few pots and pans, etc, but the one thing that pussed me off was I use a blanket for a pillow, I have since I was a child. I always use the same blanket, he took that! Why would he want that? I can't leave here for an hour and he comes and steals from the house! I'm so sick. Why would he want my blanket I use for my pillow???? I'm so stressed out.

Posted: February 17, 2013, 9:27 AM
hmm to get back at you...

--------------------
"It is hard to watch someone you love fall to the depth of their "bottom" ...you can only hope it does not take them long to reach it, survive it...and begin the long slow climb out."

Posted: February 17, 2013, 3:59 PM
Because he still loves you and wants something that he knows is close to your heart...? Drug addicts have feelings, too...they just fight against them in protection of their addiction.

--------------------
You will not change what you are willing to tolerate.

user posted image

Posted: February 18, 2013, 11:51 AM
May or may not be love. I would tend to think it is a way to control you. He has something you really want and he knows you will call to get it. I am just cynical from reading the rest of his behavior in your threads.

--------------------
You can get busy living. Or get busy dying.

I define comfort as self-acceptance. When we finally learn that self-care begins and ends with ourselves, we no longer demand sustenance and happiness from others.
Jennifer Louden

There are no excuses, just people with excuses.

LINK: Posts about understanding and healing.

A fool learns from his mistakes. A wise man learns from the mistakes of others. However, a brilliant man learns from what has been done right, and what others have done right, and avoids mistakes.
post replypost new topic