< prev  post replypost new topic
Does Smoking Weed Make You Angry
Wolfdreamer40000

Posted: March 3, 2017, 3:45 AM
Weed is not hard to give up, I smoked it everyday for almost 3 years and gave it up, no problem. Cigarettes on the other hand, I struggle to stop. Weed never made me mad or angry, but just thinking about stopping cigarettes is almost impossible for me. I try and have the worst withdrawals which make me agitated and upset. I stopped weed for 2 years and it has not affected me, but nicotine for me is harder to stop.
dandilion

Posted: March 15, 2017, 5:37 PM
Hi, my BF recently quit smoking weed and he has been causing arguments over the littlest things (tonight I suggested pasta and chicken as I didn't have the ingredients in to make the dinner I was meant to he is now not talking to me because I suggested pasta just to annoy him because I know he doesn't like it, he eats pasta on a regular basis....) he has quit once before when we went to Thailand and constantly accused me of looking at other men in swimshorts and broke up with me for 24 hours because of it. I carnt make him realise that this is the same pattern as before and he is just biting my head off because he is craving..... I can deal with the frustration I understand if I quit smoking cigs I would be angry as well my problem is he dosnt realise its because of this. Any advice would be appreciated (we have been together 6 years by the way so this isn't like a new relationship so please don't suggest I pack it in as he is my best friend, lover and soul mate in most cases just finding these last couple of weeks extremely difficult,
Thank you if you can help as you seem to be able to admit its that that's making you angry! :)
Adams

Posted: June 18, 2017, 3:25 AM
I been smoking weed for 6 years ,I always open my Google and try to find does weed can make you more upset ?and still I can't find the answer.
I almost give up with this question but after that I figure it out how to solve this problem and I love to share it with you even I don't know this effect will same with all people or not .
Every time I smoke I write it down the effect and feeling in my diary,and I found something crazy ! Basically I found that weed can't make you more upset or angry but I do found something interesting thing, when we smoking actually we usually stone and feel so relax, you just want to lay down and just relax . This thing will trigger the mood when suddenly you have to do something...and until the next day this effect will still in your blood...for example the next day you are sober and when you do something and you found it a bit complicated,then it can trigger you mood back like when you still high ,its a bit difficult to explain into the words like this especially when my English not that perfect ..anyway if you think you have a bad temper after smoke weed ,please think that all your emotion is because of weed ...so when you realise this you will not that angry because you will know its the effect of pot ....I don't know this will work for the other but at least its works for me
amie

Posted: November 10, 2018, 12:39 PM
It seems like some people do not have negative side effects from cannabis but some people do. I think it needs to be researched more to find out why some people react well and some people react badly to it. I also think some people should not smoke pot, or at least not have it regularly. Some people should think of it as a medicine, and you shouldn't be binging on massive amounts of medicine.

In other words, if you smoke pot and it makes things better. Then by all means smoke it all day every day. If you smoke pot and it works at first but then makes you depressed/anxious/angry/whatever/ then you should be strong and do the right thing and only have it occasionally and briefly, or not at all.

Sucks to miss out but it is better to be sane! And maybe in the future they will make it into a medicine that is better for everyone.
Earthchild

Posted: January 15, 2019, 4:25 AM
Marijuana makes you incredibly angry. I have been with my partner for almost 4 years now. He was smoking for 3 and then has given up since. I cannot Express to you how irritable, angry, snappy and horrible it made him. At the end it got so bad, that he said horrible, hurtful things to me, literally anything I said would set him off or if he thought I looked at him funny. He was absolutely horrible to be around and made my life absolutely miserable.

Fast forward just over a year and he has got clean and stopped smoking. He is like a completely different person. His attitude, mood etc. Is just night and day compared to him smoking. He is so emotionally stable, doesn't snap anymore, is so much more relaxed when driving, . Smoking marijuana turned him into such an unpleasant and terrible person to be around. So take this as reassurance that the anger is from pot smoking; there are good and kind people hidden underneath this habit/addiction. Free yourself and start really living!
JS

Posted: January 17, 2019, 1:16 PM
Hey guys,

I have to apologize but I did not read everyone's post all the way through and I probably wouldn't have posted a reply but I did have an insight which I felt compelled to share.

At first I thought the same thing as multiple posters: If you are an angry person then maybe the weed is contributing to the expression of those feelings by decreasing inhibitions like alcohol does. The people who have posted that they get angry and have outbursts seem to admit to using a lot. Also people who posted that they use occasionally don't have this issue and I can say that my own use mirrors that. I am attempting sobriety again but I have used recently and I don't necessarily get angry unless my friend who also uses A LOT gets angry and argumentative. I am not an angry person but if I get high with him he can bring out the worst in me. I have been using on and off for 25 years and I do not recall that being the case long ago.

This brings me to what I believe may be the case which some posters presented already. Current weed strains have SO much higher THC content and they are genetically manipulated to achieve that in many cases. Logically there may be unintended (or possibly intended depending on what you believe about the world we live in) consequences with this genetic manipulation.

I encourage everyone who likes to use to be aware of this possibility and what and how much they consume. It amazes me how much I used to be able to smoke and now even with a bit of a tolerance how intoxicated I can get off of one hit and how long it lasts. Then I see my friend sitting next to me taking hit after hit. I guess it shouldn't surprise me when he can't even carry on a coherent conversation and gets so angry when I can't follow him.

Times they are a changing. Hope this helps.

Blessings

Posted: May 12, 2019, 2:23 PM
I don't think pot is the harmless relaxant it is portrayed to be by too many. I've seen some really radical mood changes in those who smoked or ate edibles and it was not pretty. They acted closer to someone on meth or a stimulant than pot. They're an alcoholic who started using more when they were low on money to buy 'enough' alcohol. Maybe it was the combination, alcohol withdrawal but they became miserable, combative and nasty. It's like they wanted to fight.

Posted: June 8, 2019, 6:06 AM
It makes me dizzy
post replypost new topic