post replypost new topic
I Need Advice

Posted: February 21, 2013, 8:33 AM
My sister is on day 10 of prescrption drug recovery. How could I be a help to her? I really want to see her get thru this...

Posted: February 21, 2013, 1:00 PM
The best thing my hubby did was help me take care of little daily things that could send me over the edge in the beginning like making sure I had food, helping with the kids and not asking too much of me. And patience! Know she might be crying a lot or angry or just not her peppy self so just accepting her wherever she is at. And encourage her to go to NA, AA or PA meetings. Don't force it but encourage strongly :) and my friends checked in on me every day for the first month or so..level just a text to tell me to have a great day.

I got better by going to a lot of meetings and not putting any expectations on myself in the beginning. I just needed to get through the day clean.

You are a good sister and remember to tell her how proud you are of her and how hard what she is doing is but you KNOW she can do it!

Much love,

Kerry

Posted: February 21, 2013, 10:46 PM
Thanks Kerry for your reply. And yes I ty to talk to her everyday and send her great amounts of love and encouragement....I know she can do it. She really is stronger than she thinks she is. And she has lot of love and support whether she knows it right now or not. Thank you
post replypost new topic