< prev  post replypost new topic
Need Support

Posted: April 27, 2016, 1:43 PM
I think your absolutely right i shouldnt take anything that may chance the process of recovery. My main fear is slowing down the process of detox. I want to get normal as fast as possible.
I was taking percocets. 10/325's. About 10 per day. Oxycodone is just so much stronger. Then when i was out of those i would buy 10/325's of norcos and take about 12/day of those. So its alot for my body to adjust to with getting off them. And too, its weird, but as the day goes on i get sicker and more dizzy.

Posted: April 28, 2016, 1:28 AM
Hi scaredmom

You have come so far now, 12 days is brilliant. You should be over the worst now. The anxiety and depression will slowly get better as will the fatigue. How long have you been addicted? The longer you take them the harder the withdrawals will be. Could you go and see your doctor and ask for some advice? He may be able to prescribe some antidepressants for a while. My doctor gave me mirtazapine, it's absolutely brilliant it works very quickly and it got me back on my feet again, I highly recommend it! Keep us posted. Nick xx

Posted: April 29, 2016, 11:44 AM
Well i have been on antidepressents so that seems to help. Im sure if i wasnt it would be worse. Also, ive been addicted for 10 yrs. quit when i was pregnant with my 2nd child and have been back on for 3 yrs. so thats probably why its so hard for me. Today is Day 14. Its still hard to find energy. And im still always freezing cold. And very dizzy probably due to lack of food. Its just such a slow process. Im trying to be patient and tell myself each day will get better. I still dont have the cravings yet. Which will probably come after im feeling better. Right now the thought of them make me sick. Its just been so hard getting up for work and going about my day. I just wish i had a better idea of the time its going to take to feel 'normal' again.

Posted: May 2, 2016, 2:21 AM
Hi scaredmom

How are you getting on? Are you feeling any better now? You have come a long way now and you never have to go back! Can you remember back to when you quit the pills because you were pregnant? How long did the recovery take? That should give some idea. I too quit when I was pregnant but somehow easier. Just think about your family and that should keep you on the straight and narrow. I haven't craved the pills at all, I just think back to detox - yuck! It makes me feel sick too. Stay strong you will get through it. Nick xx

Posted: May 2, 2016, 2:04 PM
Hi Nick, im trying to remember how long it took when i was pg. i know it was a while as well to get energy back. This time seems much much harder tho. Today im very very dizzy. I still take ambien for sleep tho. And some of that ritalin to try for energy. Im starting to get scared and think those are whats making me sick and dizzy still. Every day seems like still such a struggle. I wasted my entire weekend sleeping most of the time. I just want my health back and i dont know if or when that will ever happen :(

Posted: May 3, 2016, 3:56 PM
Felt the need to post because i need some support. Im pretty dissapointed in myself. No, i have not given in to taking any pain pills. But i am still taking 2 controlled substances which is making my recovery harder. I took a ritalin again today because its a stimulant and im still lacking energy. But its screwing up my struggle for sobriety. I also still take ambien at night and that screws me up too because it gives a high. I actually felt semi descent and ok this morning when i woke up. Usually every morning ive been wakingn to horrible anxiety and a very scared feeling of taking on the day. Probably because i dont know how to go thru the day sober without popping something. Its almost like im scared of the sober feeling. Is there anyone out there that has kicked their main addiction but still took other stuff?? Id like to know the effect of recovery with that. Also, how can i find the courage?

Posted: May 4, 2016, 1:06 AM
Hi scaredmom

I would stay away from the Ritalin. My son takes it for ADHD and I myself took it to see what it's like, it didn't really have any effect, maybe I felt a little spaced out, but nothing really. BUT it causes anxiety and that is what you don't want, you will never know how it feels to be sober if you are taking these drugs. The Ambien which I believe is like valium (I am in the UK so some medications are called different things) is good when you are going through the worst withdrawals. My doctor gave me a few when I was detoxing, but to be honest not a lot could take away the anxiety apart from time. Maybe you can try and cut down slowly and hopefully you can get off them that way. I am thinking about you and I sent my best wishes. Keep strong and keep posting. Nick xx

Posted: May 4, 2016, 3:30 PM
Hi scaredmom,

Have you told your doctor that you are finishing a detox and having some problems with anxiety and insomnia? There are non scheduled substances that you can get by prescription that actually help. Ambien is addictive, and like you said it can produce a high. I know what it feels like to be anxious and not be able to rest very good. I also know about the lack of energy and depression that comes after detox. I have made mistakes during my short time in recovery. But, I'm learning. My mind started clearing up some within two weeks of my detox. It was noticeable. I did relapse but a funny thing happened when I did: I didn't particularly care for the way it made my head feel. I felt confused again and scared. I have used 3 times in the past 2 weeks, but thank God it didn't put me back into withdrawal. So, I'm taking advantage of every resource I can to keep from using again. I don't want to be this person anymore. I want to be able to look at myself in the mirror and truly say, "Hey! You're okay! You are a worthwhile person!"

And scaredmom, you are a worthwhile person too. You have so much to look forward to being clean. You're doing great from what I can tell, and you will make it. Just never be afraid to ask for help because we can't do this alone. NA helps too. If you have insurance or even ObamaCare covers addiction treatment here in the USA. You might be a good candidate for outpatient treatment. In fact, I think I'm going to go sign up for that myself.

Take care and keep us informed of your progress. I have to believe it does get better.

Peace.
post replypost new topic