post replypost new topic
We Need To Know

Posted: February 1, 2013, 6:24 PM
I just read Stacey's post on the grateful thread.. Ya know I feel we need to see posts like that . It is a grim reminder of what our disease can and will do if left untreated... It is easy to get caught up in the recovery and as time goes on it is easy to get caught up in sobriety and become complacent... I think a good dose of reality is needed every now and then of the ugliness of this disease and how it destroys and kills. some of us do not recover, some of us keep trying and failing until there is no next time. Chronic Alcoholism Kills ..If you don't believe it just ask the family members of those who have watched loved ones destroy themselves and are now left behind to pick up the pieces. Those who are in the ground at one point or another in their lives felt it couldn't happen to them ,that they were different , that it happens to others not me kind of thinking... well folks if you are an alcoholic you stand the chance of dying from this disease the same as any other alcoholic UNLESS you decide to do something about it... WE CAN survive it, WE CAN have remission, WE CAN live... . recovery although at times uncomfortable won't kill,.. drinking will. we don't have to die WE DO have a choice..

This post has been edited by pirate on February 1, 2013, 6:24 PM

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need
post replypost new topic