next >  post replypost new topic
Will Levofloxacin Help Staph Infection?
cpvon

Posted: November 6, 2005, 8:52 AM
Sorry for all the posts, I just have so many questions that are related but unrelated. I found an antibiotic in the house, Levofloxacin 500, this is what it says about it

Levofloxacin
(LevaquinŽ) Aerobic GNB (+ pseud)
Aerobic GPC (; Strep. Pneumo and pyogenes; E. faecalis)
Atypicals (Legionella, Mycoplasma, Chlamydia Pneumo) Acute maxillary sinusitis, acute bacterial exacerbation of chronic bronchitis, community acquired pneumonia, uncomplicated skin and skin structure infection, complicated and uncomplicated UTI, acute pyelonephritis

So it says staph, I just gave my daughter one, it can't hurt her. Her fever is still gone, it's been about 11 hours with no meds.

I am so praying her fever stays down so we can just see the addiction dr. tomorrow and get her on the suboxone!!! But what if she is not having withdrawals tomorrow??? What if they are gone??? Should we start on the suboxone, will it help????

Get up you sleepy heads I need some answers!!!! LOL
cpvon

Posted: November 6, 2005, 8:54 AM
I was trying to underline the part where it says staph & it acidentally got deleted, but it did say it was for staph too

Posted: November 6, 2005, 9:12 AM
Wd well when was the last time she used....With heroin wd should hit within 12 hours..... And I answered a lot of your sub questions on the family board. Try not to worry so much, she is there, she got on the bus and made it home. That is a good sign in many ways.

--------------------
Well it sucks, now doesn't it? When you make your own bed and then have to lie in the filth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was a glitch due to system overload. Please stand by to find out what future you will design.

Posted: November 6, 2005, 9:26 AM
Good morning to you and your family your daughter is going to still be in w/ds the first couple of days that she is on the Sub the Sub kind of covers the w/d and makes them more tolerable then after a few days you are over the w/ds and for me the Sub puts just enough opiates on my brain that I do not crave opiates AT All this is my experience and I do share this with a few people .The body does continue to rid of the opiates while you are on Sub the Sub replaces all the other stuff by like knocking off the brain receptors and replacing it to make it more simple .Can you still give her Xanax? Any narcotic will take the edge off some you know .When we arte having w/ds it makes us VERY anxious so the xanax will help with that too.Now on the staff infection can you describe in your own words what this looks like to you ? Since the antibiotic said staph I think it will help for now what is the deal your daughter not want to get out of bed? That would be well understood did shes sleep thru the night? Is Sarah holding up ok and you?Take it one step at a time today and dont forget to breathe.

Posted: November 6, 2005, 9:46 AM
If your daughter is still sleeping that is awesome in itself as she is not up feeling these w/ds and today will be the worst I hate to say this on the board and I know I will be given a hard time but I think your daughter knows when it is time to go to the hospital .Didnt she take herself when she had cellulitis I had it when I came home myself and I had to go to the ER because it hurt so bad I could barely walk.Also when I started the Sub my dr wanted me to get started and get to feeling a little better before I started getting gung ho about how bad I had wrecked my body but you see I do not have Hiv so it is different how about this maybe you could call the dr and ask him his opinionon the infection or just let her sleep that is a blessing right now that she can sleep for real when most of us are in w/d we develop insomnia and I am still dealing with that .I think she should still take the advil though because it will help if she wakes up feeling like crap and remember she is going to be ill as sh*t today probably so just tread lightly I hate to say all this becaus eI do not want to get attacked by anyone for giving you my opinion but I am sharing my experience with you although I am not a dr most of us drug addicts do know more than the average person about alot of medicines and howe they affect you because we were always going thru peoples med cabinets and calling to see what they were act.Craziness really I sure hope yopu are holding up ok you hang in there you are AWESOME!!!!!
cpvon

Posted: November 6, 2005, 9:51 AM
Hi!!
Yes, that is what I thought, if she is sleeping and not moaning and her fever is gone, why disturb that? Let sleeping dogs lie as they say!!!!

Can the addiction dr. treat the staph infection, if it is staph? It's a small red place with a flaky ring around it but it doesn't look bad or infected to me.

I gave her an antibiotic, Levofloxacin 500, it says it will help staph!

We see addiction dr. tomorrow 12 noon, I pray we can get thru this day without the e.r.!!!

I know we shouldn't self medicate, but again it's the next best option being that she feels she doesn't need the e.r. and I feel maybe she doesn't now either.

She seems to be comfortable so far, no w/d, just sleeping peacefully. Thank you Jesus!!!!

Posted: November 6, 2005, 10:10 AM
Keep giving her the antibiotic IMO it is better than nothing and it really is a blessing for her to be sleeping thru this you just DRAG her a$$ out of that house to get her to the Sub dr tomorrow NO MATTER WHAT when she has had all the sleep she can she will probably not be able to sleep at all it is also a blessing as when in w/d we are nasty ill for real .Are you still giving her the xanax I would continue to do that too butI would not give it to her at all after about 6:00 am tomorrow so she will be feeling like crap still when she sees the dr .Is her Sub dr going to let her stay on the sub for awhile? I hope so again In my opinion it has been important to me to continue to be on the sub and I have really turned my life around and I really have never had this much success with anything else for my addiction in my life the methadone was awful I could barely keep a job because I was always nodding out.Any way as for the dr treating the infection I dont know he will definitely look at it and tell you what you need to do if he wont treat it though I bet you are totally anxious for tomorrow to hurry up and get here for real !!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: November 6, 2005, 10:13 AM
Cpvon, I read your thread last night, but didn't respond....I just wanted to say that I have you and your family in my prayers....I hope all goes well!!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

--------------------
Somedays it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Posted: November 6, 2005, 10:24 AM
cpvon I know you want what is best for Julie. Staff infections are very dangerous. Watch it closely it must be tested by a doctor so you are able to have the right type of antibiotic.

These infections are quite dangerous for people with low immune systems.

cpvon what is your plan about treating the HIV--and depression? I have a feeling your daughter does not wantto be hospitalized. Am i wrong?

Please keep an eye on that staph infection. Also giving her an antibiotic without knowiingthe type of staff is wrong. If you keep self medicating it only causes problems.

Regarding Suboxene many doctors will not prescribe if the patient is taking Zanax. It can be a dangerous combo. This is why she should have gone to E.R but that is in past.

How much zanax has she had?

Jeff

P.S GOOD MORNING

--------------------
It is Just Not worth it.

"Inside every older person is a younger person
wondering what the puck happened."

One Day At A Time

Posted: November 6, 2005, 10:41 AM
My daughter's test took a few days to show that it was a staph that needed stronger antibiotics than they had given her..if it is the worst kind of staph, not all antibiotics work on all staph. Ctink has a point...my daughte did take herself to the hospital for some reason when she thought SHE BETTER GO..and I have no idea how in her state of mind she made that decision...but she did. good luck. thinking of you both.

Posted: November 6, 2005, 10:45 AM
Good morning Heartache HOW are you?I am going to go lay back down hope you all have a relaxing day!!! Be back in a little while Love to you all!!!!!11

Posted: November 6, 2005, 10:55 AM
Hi, Ctink, I'm just getting off to work. So great that Cpvon's daughter is home...you have lots of good advice. Britt's staph left her with a hole in her leg the size of a grapefruit. Sad thing is I did not believe her when she called from the hospital saying it was a spider bite...I just knew it was from the drugs. I still don't really know if it was from bug or drug....but I feel just awful that I did not take it seriously at the time. It wasn't until the hospital actually called me, after she had checked out, that I learned just how serious it was. have a great day.
luv corrinne
cpvon

Posted: November 6, 2005, 11:59 AM
The only meds she has had since 8:30 last nite (over 12 hours) are 2 tylenol pm's that I gave to her this a.m. at 9:15. I am just trying to keep her slightly sedated. I felt her head, not a bad fever but not as cool as before so that's why I gave them to her. She has been eating eggs & cheese when she rouses a little and drinking chocolate milk. I am just glad she is eating & drinking. Water is best but milk is better than nothing. Last nite the paramedics kept telling she would puke the milk up. She had a point when she told them she had been drinking it for 3 hours with no problem. She got mad at the paramedics, they were really pushing her, she said "I know my own body". So ctink you are right when you say, you guys just know when something is wrong. She said "the paramedic kept telling me how I felt and I KNOW my OWN body!!!" I will give her xanax tonight so she will sleep again. I will continue the pain/fever meds as often as needed. I will be sure not to give her anything after bedtime tonight so doc can see how she's really feeling. Don't worry, I WILL get her A$$ out of that bed to go get that suboxone tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!! I hope the doc will keep her on it if it helps her and I pray it will!!!!

I am sooooo glad you guys told me how nasty she'd be!!!! You were right!!!! I'm just trying to be there for her when she needs me but not hover. I go in and feel her head like every hour. When I gave her the tylenol pm she said "That's why I keep sleeping!!!" like she didn't want to sleep. I said I thought you wanted to sleep, she said well I want to eat. So that's when I fixed her the scrambled eggs and cheese, then she went back to sleep.

Sarah is doing good. I have to tell you about this amazing child. When we were driving home from Orlando yesterday, all disheartened SHE NEVER LOST FAITH. She said I don't care what you guys say I BELIEVE she is still coming!!!! We were trying to soften the blow and she NEVER lost faith!!!!

She is over at her friend's house today playing. I think that is good. When she went in to tell my daughter goodbye, my daughter was sound asleep and didn't even hear us talking to her. So I feel that is good!!!!

PRAISE YOU GOD. I feel so badly for having lost faith & questioning God. I pray He will forgive me for my unbelief.
cpvon

Posted: November 6, 2005, 12:04 PM
I am afraid to let my daughter read these boards - I'm afraid it will make me angry but I was wondering if anyone who is willing would please email her/me at boyntoncondo@yahoo.com and tell her briefly how much suboxone has helped you. Don't say you know much about her in detail, just say you heard she was going to try it and say how it's been a miracle for you. I will read those emails to her and maybe it will convince her suboxone is better than methadone! You might also say how you didn't like the methadone.

Thank you!!! I don't want anyone to lie, just those who feel that way, if you feel comfortable doing it, please email her. (Julie).

LOVE YOU ALL
cpvon

Posted: November 6, 2005, 12:09 PM
Hi Jeff,
My 1st priority is getting her to that suboxone dr. tomorrow & have him look at the staph or whatever it might be and treat that or get that treated somewhere else. Then when my daughter is feeling better on the suboxone we will go to medicaid and get her signed up, I heard they will take care of hiv dr. & hep c dr. and even a counselor. I do intend to do all that asap after my daughter has rested and is well into feeling better. I am also going to get her social security disability so medicaid won't make her go out and look for a job. She is too sick to work for awhile. Maybe later if she feels better but right now her health is of utmost importance. I will never push it on her.
cpvon

Posted: November 6, 2005, 12:17 PM
Aw geez, that's what lack of sleep does -- I am afraid her reading the boards will make HER angry, not ME!!!

Posted: November 6, 2005, 2:20 PM
Hi I just sent you mail soory I did not realize you said brief but I wanted Julie to know where I was coming from so that if she can relate to my story and my desperation she will think if it worked for me it can work for her too well its not that long really.Anyway its nice to see you so happy and YES kids are amazing I really believe He takes care of the children of addicts so they will not get discouraged in their precious little hearts .Arielle is the same way always so full of faith and hope.Just hang in there as the time passes and Julie wakes up she is going to continue to get grumpier but tomorrow it will be different but you still do have to make it thru today .I am so happy for you and you need to stay positive and open minded about all of this please do not take this out of Gods hands RECIEVE this blessing and be GRATEFUL I promise Julie will be grateful tomorrow and you will be amazed yourself to see the transformation take place just remember that it does take a few days to get used to the sub but she will feel so much better and remember no giving addicts any means of transportation or $$$ and once you get medicaid it will pay for the cost of her suboxone and please do not make her feel guilty about how much $$$ the sub cost ok it is a little overwhelming at first but it is so worth .I am speaking from my experience here.try to continue to take it easy today .Love you ,Cristina let me know if I can help you w/ anything else and I will try my best
cpvon

Posted: November 6, 2005, 2:48 PM
Oh no it is fine however long it is. She just has such a short attention span right now. She may not be interested in reading them yet but I hope she will be soon.

She woke up a little while ago & got up and ate some cookies & chocolate! She wants chocolate, lots of chocolate! But she said she feels better & she feels like her sore or whatever is healing! Praise God! We will still have it checked out tomorrow though. I also told her about the appt, she seemed ok with it, PRAY TONIGHT SHE WILL BE WILLING TO GO TOMORROW.

She just got up again & we're making a grocery list! Her appetite is back! God is sooo good.

Posted: November 6, 2005, 2:58 PM
I would hate for her not to go I thought she wanted to I must ahve misunderstood you somewhere I still crave sweets something awful!!!! It has to do with the absence of the drugs as it releases endorphins that make you feel good chocolate does wonders for me when I was in jail going thru withdrawls she must have been doing some crack too if she is eating like this already oh well shes home now Please dont let her not go to this appt it will truly change her life for the better ok I am going to take a nap sunday is taking it easy day especially since i have 2 jobs now cant wait to get back to work and that my friend is a miracle indeed but it felt really good to buy Arielle some bday presents yesterday I am so glad to be in her life again

Posted: November 6, 2005, 3:17 PM
Dear Corrinne,

Please don't beat yourself up about not believing your daughter. That's another one of their consequences for all the lies they have told us. How are we supposed to know when to believe and when not to? In time, hopefully, we'll be able to believe everything again!

Love,
Susan

--------------------
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attributed)

"If you think you are too small to make a difference, you have never been in bed with a mosquito." Anita Roddick
post replypost new topic