< prev  post replypost new topic
Blog About Coming Off Subutex
nina

Posted: October 24, 2015, 7:40 PM
Just detoxed from subutex for the third time over the past 6 six years. Never had any withdrawals apart from not sleeping well. Not much 2 complain about compared 2 smack or methadone. Been off then 6 days now and feel fine. This for sure the last time. Wasted the past 17 years on opiates, can't stand wasting any more time. Just always found subutex easy 2 come off.
mr l

Posted: November 23, 2015, 1:13 PM
been sniffin subby fr over a year, dwn to 9mg but only sniffin half tht and ave only tiny bit left , done the BIG meth rattle 2001 { hell } never mind the twin towers I was in bits lol but hey marky mark wot ave read ur hard core , I knw wot ave got cmin by sound of it, ave got a wife and an amazing family support . heroin aint an issue. ave substituted it with weed in the past wasn't planning on hardcore detox but hey here iam , avent got a clue wots coming please can you be honest as you can with me please , it jst happened didn't plan detox , cud of prepared got pregabs ,vallys sleepers but will there help ?? and am also drinking will it help ?? truth is ave allways been terrified of my rattle . ave done 10yr councilling so ave heard it all before seen it bought the t shirt. thank you my mte

Tboomz

Posted: January 6, 2016, 1:23 AM
@markymark. Do you play games on ps4 with someone called bloody elite?
Smschw

Posted: January 27, 2016, 2:31 PM
I have been on soboxone for a little over 4 years in this time it has literally taken my life away. I wish I knew now the effects of this drug has that I did now know then. Nobody tells you just how addictive it is. It is worst possible medication you can take. I have detoxed before from other substances, but Soboxone is the worst. The actual withdrawal symptoms are not so bad it is the lack of sleep and restless legs. Last time I tried to come off I literally wanted to cut my legs off. I am currently on 8mg a day 4 mg in morning and 4 in afternoon. This drug has totally taken my life from me. I realize that I need to taper much further down before I make the jump but does anyone have any advice on what to do while tapering to now feel so horrible. I have set a goal that someway I will be off of this medication by the end of the year. I just have not quite figured out how yet. Dr. are no help because of the amount of money they make off the medication. I have looked into rapid detox centers but they cost 9000 dollars and I really don't know much about it. I have also looked into Ibigane treatment in Mexico for it, but that is very expensive as well and not sure whether it works or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Posted: February 15, 2016, 10:37 PM
My daughter was on subbies for a couple of years and then weaned off of it it over a six week period (which is considered pretty quick). She had a couple of rough nights with the legs and cramps and generally feeling crappy. It CAN be done under a doctor's supervision and with attention to nutrition, rest, and exercise. It is NOT easy, but the subs saved her from her heroin addiction and when it was time to be done, she got done. From 8 to 7.5, to 7, to 6.5 - staying at each dose for several days before decreasing by half mg...very challenging and made her edgy, but she wanted it more than she wanted to keep taking it...you can do this thing...don't stop trying.

Eat a balanced diet with plenty of protein, try magnesium to help relax the muscles, hot baths or showers, take branched chain amino acids, and try to walk a couple of miles a day.

Peace ~ MomNMore

This post has been edited by MomNMore on February 15, 2016, 10:39 PM

--------------------
You will not change what you are willing to tolerate.

user posted image

Posted: February 19, 2016, 6:03 PM
I have been a life long opiate addict and suboxone has saved my life, given me a life. I used to get all wrapped up in the " I have to get off this stuff someday" point of view. And have come to the conclusion that if I am not ready then stay on it, and if im ready then try, but never use. Through trial and error my life is better when I am on it and becomes shaky when not. I am a productive person when I take the drug life out of my life completely. Suboxone does this for me. So for people who struggle with this question, weigh the goods and the bads, and if you have to be on suboxone forever to maintain a healthy life then why not?

Posted: March 30, 2016, 7:59 AM
Hello everyone, not sure if people are still coming here but if so I could use some help and encouragement!!!

Started taking PKs in highschool and the year after. Graduated to taking very small dose suboxone pieces every day, and now I've Been on Tex for about 3 years.

I tried going to the doc but couldn't afford it so I find them anyway I can. I've been sick and tired of it for about a year, I haven't been able to do much about it tho because of my work. but just recently got a job where I may be able to detox myself.
I've been sniffing close to 2mg for 2 years. I feel so trapped by this... but I'm still pretty young and want to be free sooner than later. It's hurting me financially and even tho a .few sober people in my life know my problem my family does not. I was thinking about getting treatment but after reading this thread I've had a spark of confidence and inspiration that I might can do this on my own.
I have a few questions I would really love to be enlightened on if anyone can help..

First should I taper off and start using orally? Or keep sniffing and taper off?
Also once I've taken My last dose, about how long would it be ok to use sleep aids like benzos or the like before I risk getting hung up on those too? (Given I never abuse benzos and rarely use as a tool for sleep). Also I'm thinking about using edible thc to help with sleep.
Next question is does anyone know where to get the withdraw negating drug marky mark was talking about? I live in the south east USA. Would really like to have some of that since I've gone without sub maybe 2 times in the past 3 years and the leg spasms were terrible due to already having RLS.. I really want to be off this drug for good and even tho I do party and experiment with other things, I do NOTHING to excess like I do this darn subutex.. I'd be willing to give all that up too if I knew it would help take these shackles off.
reading all these posts really made me think I can do it! I have a decent support net here, but I'm mainly worried about my "in the nose" method and how that's going to affect my health when I stop.. Is detox any more dangerous when you've been sniffing for years?
Anyway any and all tips, comments, answers, advise is VERY appreciated...
I have never been dependent on anything in my life besides this drug and I have no idea what real detox is so I'm shi**ing my pants right now. but it's really affecting my happiness and I don't want to follow in the path of my parents. I know it has to be done and I want to better myself for me, my family and my amazing girlfriend who will support me through all of it.

Thank all of you for your inspiration, I wouldn't be trying this without you, if anyone reads this please respond, I'd like to see if this thread is still alive or not.
Good luck to everyone trying to get clean and I hope one day I can call myself a survivor and achiever!
-much LoVe, J
Lovey

Posted: April 27, 2016, 2:48 PM
I was addicted perc 30s and when I found suboxone I thought it was a miracle. My doctor put me on 8mg 3 X day. I'd pick 84 at a time (28 day supply) sell them to buy percs and keep it moving. Then I decided to be done with the percs and stick to subs. I'd take 2 X 8mg films and sell the third. Did a year of zubsolv (tablet that has bupe plus nalox) Last year I became pregnant with my beautiful baby boy. I was switched from zubsolv to Subutex which is bupe without Nalox. I decided to get clean once and for all and during detox I started having seizures. Despite my doctors insistence that I stay on 24mg a day I again slowly tapered down to 2mg. (I thought this was a low dose being from the states I'd never heard of .2 option) . the first two days after my son's birth he was just fine and I thought I was so clever and then on day three he started to go through withdrawal. Luckily he didn't need medication but the next 6 weeks of his life I watched him suffer. He had gastrointestinal issues, was colic (cried endlessly and shrilly for hours at a time) startled easily, slept irregularly and didn't smile. I was convinced I'd destroyed him. The good news is that he's 3 months old and thriving. I finally jumped from .025 two days ago and I feel like crap. I work a full time job and I'm exhausted all the time. I am accepting that this is going to last a while. From what I've read and the people I've spoken to days 1-10 are the worst for stomach ailment, anxiety and insomnia (Mu Receptor withdrawal) then days 11-28 the lack of sleep and restless legs really kick in. (Kappa Receptor withdrawal) Avoid caffeine and Nicotine. Don't take wellbutrin or Effexor or any ADHD med or stimulant. Dont do benzos you'll be hooked and sick from those too. You can use Clondidine to help the flu symptoms drink a TON of water it will help your body purify itself. Eat clean (Organic fruits and veggies lots of fiber) avoid fatty meals. Your body will heal, you will get better. If you can drag yourself out to do 20 mins of cardio every day you'll help your body and brain heal itself. I was afraid to detox because I thought it would never end but there is light at the end of the tunnel. You WILL get better. Your brain WILL heal. You will FEEL again. Give it to a higher power, trust in yourself, be kind to yourself. BE YOUR REAL SELF. God bless.
Elaine Murdoch

Posted: October 12, 2016, 12:35 PM
Hi I tried to come of Subutex 2 x 0.4mg but had a hard time so I have got down to 1 0.4mg but am scared as I have rattled so meany times then relapsed I have been off heroin and meth for double figure years but this last hurdle is doing my head in.... am really wanting to leave this horrible lifestyle but just this one tablet it's doing my head in any advice cheers Elaine
Maria

Posted: October 30, 2016, 1:39 PM
Hi Mark mark Im same as stopped heroine in 2005 to them was on meth and although a woman being soft. I tried to hang my self when coming off the meth. I'm now single to two kids three and ten who has adhd. Im so scared of withdrawing being a single mum it's the drug clinic that is pushing me tho. Also suffer from two bulging disc so does help with the pain. I'm at the moment down two 2.2 . Thanks. So scared of looking after two boys whilst feekint crap. Maris.
Steve-o

Posted: January 5, 2017, 2:07 PM
I'm doing it the hard way then I suppose failure isn't an option
Jason

Posted: January 9, 2017, 2:11 PM
I been on subs for two years I been trying to come off them a few times but I cant sleep my legs drive me crazy is there anyone with this crazy leg problem let me know thanks

Posted: January 9, 2017, 4:15 PM
I took suboxone 6 or 7 years and stopped taking it June of last year. I cut down to .25 of a mg and had no withdraw symptoms other than a few nights of little sleep. RLS used to drive me crazy but try cutting your dosage down more over a period of time. Exercise will help also.
post replypost new topic